ADVERTISEMENT

4* 2022 QB offer

DibbleDee

Nov 16, 2020
We have offered 4* QB Tanner Bailey out of Alabama. We offered him about a week ago. He has offers from Bama and Auburn (as well as FSU, UGA, LSU, Miami, UM, Oregon, etc).

Looks like our staff is putting the full-court press on him. Our QB offers after him drop off considerably. Needless to say, it would be a major coup to get a 4* QB out of Alabama when he has offers from Auburn and Bama. Probably a slim chance here, if that, but you don't know if you don't ask.

Meh, him being high on us doesn't translate to him signing, so let's wait till he signs papers. Seems we have some recent history with a 5* not only high on us but "committed" that suddenly dumped us.

We have offered 4* QB Tanner Bailey out of Alabama. We offered him about a week ago. He has offers from Bama and Auburn (as well as FSU, UGA, LSU, Miami, UM, Oregon, etc).

Looks like our staff is putting the full-court press on him. Our QB offers after him drop off considerably. Needless to say, it would be a major coup to get a 4* QB out of Alabama when he has offers from Auburn and Bama. Probably a slim chance here, if that, but you don't know if you don't ask.
Hard to get excited about an offer since anyone can give an offer.

Meh, him being high on us doesn't translate to him signing, so let's wait till he signs papers. Seems we have some recent history with a 5* not only high on us but "committed" that suddenly dumped us.
Let’s wait for what?

This drives me nuts. We want a dual threat so we make a full court press to a pro style quarterback. If Bailey can run the read/option as part of his skill set then okay... otherwise, let’s stay focused on guys that will freeze those defensive ends.

This drives me nuts. We want a dual threat so we make a full court press to a pro style quarterback. If Bailey can run the read/option as part of his skill set then okay... otherwise, let’s stay focused on guys that will freeze those defensive ends.

Last I looked we'd offered several QB's, some rated by services as Pro Style, some as Dual Threat.

Just because a kid in HS is running a Pro Style offense doesn't mean he doesn't have the skills to run a DT offense.

man looking through the top ten of DT and Pro QBs from 2017 to now there are a TON Of QBs that have made little or no noise.

QB recruiting is really tough it seems - no real rhyme or reason

Reactions: Dizzy01
I bet it has something to do with the fact that a QBs most important trait is reading a defense and getting the ball out quick. HS run very simple defenses and dont put the pressure on a QB for the most part very quickly. Also I imagine alot of QBs wait as long as they can for a play to develop so their one stud WR can get separation

Reactions: Dizzy01
In defending anything Beamer, many of you said he had to bring in transfers this year because of the pandemic situation. You said he could not have face to face meetings, could not have camps, and could not effectively evaluate HS talent. Nothing has changed with regard to those things, so why is he offering HS kids now?

Reactions: drawplay000
In defending anything Beamer, many of you said he had to bring in transfers this year because of the pandemic situation. You said he could not have face to face meetings, could not have camps, and could not effectively evaluate HS talent. Nothing has changed with regard to those things, so why is he offering HS kids now?

What? 2022 kids are getting offers now, vs 2021 kids who 80% were committed and signed 2 weeks after he was hired....

What? 2022 kids are getting offers now, vs 2021 kids who 80% were committed and signed 2 weeks after he was hired....
That is not the point. Reread my post. I'm not looking for other reasons to fit your narrative. I'm pointing out the BS of the previous claims that were stated. You're now trying to shift the reasoning by pointing out a whole other claim as to the reason for not recruiting HS players. So back to the topic, what has changed with regard to the evaluation of recruits since the last cycIe? Still no camps, still no face to face meetings, etc.

That is not the point. Reread my post. I'm not looking for other reasons to fit your narrative. I'm pointing out the BS of the previous claims that were stated. You're now trying to shift the reasoning by pointing out a whole other claim as to the reason for not recruiting HS players. So back to the topic, what has changed with regard to the evaluation of recruits since the last cycIe? Still no camps, still no face to face meetings, etc.
Did you really take from that that we think Beamer should only recruit transfers and juco players until the pandemic is over?

Do you understand that the more highly rated/regarded a player is there is a higher chance of success?

Do you get that its easier to influence players in transfer portal to come to your 2 win program in a few weeks rather than a high 3/4 star kid?

Reactions: carolinamyke

HE did bring in HS guys after he got here, Fields and Craig. I suggest you go listen to the interview he just did with Andy staples.

I never saw a post making those claims as you stated. The posts I saw mention the 80% rate in early period and lack of time to evaluate HS players. So if you think going the portal route was wrong then provide the list of available HS recruits that had us in their top 5 that should have been signed. If you can’t provide a list then you have no legitimate criticism of going the transfer portal route.

Last edited:
Still ignoring half the arguments. Get a life!

Still waiting to here which DEs were taking snaps at DT except for pass rush situations. And no Pickens isn't one.

Queue homeboys meltdown.

Also, not as hard to know the no-brainers, which I believe I said before, it's the projects and more or less average guys you gotta get in person, which is why there are less scholarship freshman players coming into FBS than any year in history. No one knows who deserves the schollies except the natural born killers.

Oh, and Beamer just had an OL choose to walk on for us over a scholarship from LSU, so keep your mouth shut about Beamer.

Class of 2022 recruit meaning there is still time to do camps before you send the LOI. Offer doesn’t mean a lot, every offer won’t be sent a LOI. Hopefully we will have camps this year

Looks like we're trending in the right direction for Bailey. Have picked up some CBs. Would be a great pickup.

It's interesting that 2 of our 3 QB offers were for pro style QBs.

Last edited:
Well, we were trending for him a week ago, but he committed to Oregon yesterday. Disappointing.

Well, we were trending for him a week ago, but he committed to Oregon yesterday. Disappointing.
200.gif

Kind of funny, not in a humorous way, that we had a commitment from one of the top QB’s on the country, to scrambling now..
Happens when coaches change. I don't see it as meaning much.

2 of our 3 QBs were 4* guys that have 4 yrs of eligibility. That may scare some prospects off.

Reactions: crown&cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT