ADVERTISEMENT

4, 5,6,8,10,15,23

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
Based on the new top 25 we play 7 teams ranked in the top 25 out of the 10 games we play. 5 in the top 10. Just freaking crazy.

Reactions: 92Pony
We'll definitely win one game that we shouldn't. The question is will we lose one game that we shouldn't also. I'm not worried about the defense, I have questions about the offense.

Here's an old article from Collyn that covers Champ's record against ranked opponents:

Winning percentage of .133 (2-13) with wins over UGA and UT. I'm content to watch and see but I'm not anticipating anything miraculous either. On paper, I'm hopeful against Vandy, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Missouri but getting a win over Tennessee would be fantastic.

I just dont see the proven playmakers on offense and don't have very much confidence on defense. Add the coronavirus and contact tracing and its too much volatility for all teams to have a feel for stability from team to team.

We may end up catching a Tennessee team thats not up to speed since they've had to quarantine half the roster. That could happen to everybody one week to the next so who knows what will happen?

Based on the new top 25 we play 7 teams ranked in the top 25 out of the 10 games we play. 5 in the top 10. Just freaking crazy.
WIth 24 Power 5 teams out of the rankings, of course there are going to be a lot more ranked teams on the schedule. But those teams didn't just get better, the field got smaller.
The real shame is that even with a smaller field (39 power 5 teams), SC still is not ranked in the top 25.

None of that affects us except to make our schedule HARDER by eliminating easy non-con games. Your comment makes no sense.
Normally there are 130 teams This year half that. Doesn’t that increase the odds of being a top 20 team ? If your team is terrible the schedule is always tough. LSU had a tough schedule last year

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock
Normally there are 130 teams This year half that. Doesn’t that increase the odds of being a top 20 team ? If your team is terrible the schedule is always tough. LSU had a tough schedule last year
Yes- It increases the chances if your SOS stays about the same relative to the other teams playing. Somehow, ours got even harder. We are not LSU.

example- Every ACC team who had an SEC team on their schedule got to replace the SEC school with some creampuffACC school or some “also ran” who was desperate for a game... This means the SEC has really shot themselves in the foot as far as REGULAR SEASON rankings. The top teams are just “iron sharpening iron”- they will make the playoffs and be better teams for having played such a tough slate. All the other SEC schools (IOW, everyone but Bama, LSU, UGA and maybe Uf) just had their path to a top 20 ranking become exponentially harder.

If we can’t succeed with less than half the field playing college football then we never will
that has to be the most asinine statement ever! do i really need to point the errors out in that statement? i really hope you are at least smart enough to figure that out

I saw the title of the thread and I thought, dude doesn’t know his prime numbers. Or he just won the lottery. But I firmly believe no Gamecock will ever hit the Powerball 🤦‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT