ADVERTISEMENT

4 ticket only football pods

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
Does anyone else think it was dumb for our AD to only offer tickets in 4 ticket pods? In watching other games its clear other schools have a mix of 2, 3 and 4 ticket pods to accommodate more fans. If a couple is interested in attending, doubt they are going to buy 4 tickets just so two can attend. Seems more flexibility would have resulted ultimately in more fans at the stadium and higher revenues for the AD......especially seeing the late appeals through email this week to buy tickets for Saturdays game with UT. Checking online there are plenty of seats left.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Does anyone else think it was dumb for our AD to only offer tickets in 4 ticket pods? In watching other games its clear other schools have a mix of 2, 3 and 4 ticket pods to accommodate more fans. If a couple is interested in attending, doubt they are going to buy 4 tickets just so two can attend. Seems more flexibility would have resulted ultimately in more fans at the stadium and higher revenues for the AD......especially seeing the late appeals through email this week to buy tickets for Saturdays game with UT. Checking online there are plenty of seats left.
2 ticket pods were offered, as were other amounts as well.

The four-ticket pod system allowed for proper social distancing between fans. If you had to have 4 seats between ticket pods, lowering the tickets pods to 2 would have resulted in a lot less tickets to sell.

Not sure about the 2 ticket availability but I can’t blame the university here. Getting groups of 4 together allows the university to maximize tickets and keep social more than pods of 2 will. They’re already taking a hit, got to try to minimize that damage.

I have stood on the Ramp my whole life. I am a little depressed

Used to. One year a drunk Georgia fan put his hands on my dad not long after he had back surgery. The irony is my dad happens to be a huge UGA fan but dressed neutrally because I went to USC, he has lived in S.C. and pulls for us every other game. Anyway, My brother had him on his a$$ before I even knew what happened. My brother had already broke his hand on someone’s face prior to that altercation. Ironically his friends knew he was in the wrong and instead of escalating the situation, they took off. I was expecting a bar fight situation on the ramp. Cooler heads prevailed.

Not sure about the 2 ticket availability but I can’t blame the university here. Getting groups of 4 together allows the university to maximize tickets and keep social more than pods of 2 will. They’re already taking a hit, got to try to minimize that damage.
There were only about 1000 tickers left yesterday around noon. They were basically in the upper section of upper deck North , smf Sections 301-303, and 307 -309

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
There were only about 1000 tickers left yesterday around noon. They were basically in the upper section of upper deck North , smf Sections 301-303, and 307 -309

Yep the corners of the uppers are the hardest to sell. I’d imagine there’s some in the 500’s and 900s too. I will say with the later start the advantage of the home side is less.

There was apparently over 2500 tickets left. They're giving them to the students now. Ticket sales didn't meet expectations. There's just too many restrictions in place.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
There was apparently over 2500 tickets left. They're giving them to the students now. Ticket sales didn't meet expectations. There's just too many restrictions in place.

I question how likely social distancing is to occur. So if someone shows up late, goes to the restroom, goes to the concession stand, goes to meet a friend, etc.. and they’re on my row how are we going to keep 6 feet between us

Walking out and walking in is always a traffic jam unless it’s over an hour before or after.

Sounds like more fans were not interested in their odds of death than the university thought. I applaud these people.
I’ve only missed 2 home games in the last 20 years but when all this covid hit I decided real quick that HD will look real nice this season. Glad the fairgrounds parking decided to completely shut it down. Question though, for people buying these ticket sets, where are they gonna park? Are other lots open?

Sounds like more fans were not interested in their odds of death than the university thought. I applaud these people.
I’ve only missed 2 home games in the last 20 years but when all this covid hit I decided real quick that HD will look real nice this season. Glad the fairgrounds parking decided to completely shut it down. Question though, for people buying these ticket sets, where are they gonna park? Are other lots open?
The Gamecock Club Fairground parking is open, as is Gamecock Park and most of the other private lots. The State Fair Association parking is what is closed, i.e. the area inside the actual Fair gates.

And I'm not certain it's that people were concerned about Covid, but moreso when they saw the actual cost of the tickets, that they couldn't get their regular seats, no cash sales in the stadium for concessions, etc, that are keeping them away. Price is why I'm going to enjoy from home this year. Unless I can score some inexpensive tickets for UGa. Since my Auburn friends can't come over for that game, that one lost interest for me too.

Me and the Mrs weren’t going because the chart made it seem like if you bought 2 tickets that you couldn’t sit next to each other. But apparently you can and not have to buy 4 to do so, so we said “let’s go”. 308 here we come!

The Gamecock Club Fairground parking is open, as is Gamecock Park and most of the other private lots. The State Fair Association parking is what is closed, i.e. the area inside the actual Fair gates.

And I'm not certain it's that people were concerned about Covid, but moreso when they saw the actual cost of the tickets, that they couldn't get their regular seats, no cash sales in the stadium for concessions, etc, that are keeping them away. Price is why I'm going to enjoy from home this year. Unless I can score some inexpensive tickets for UGa. Since my Auburn friends can't come over for that game, that one lost interest for me too.
Do you happen to know if anyone with a ticket can park in the fairgrounds and Gamecock Park? They didn’t do assigned parking this year did they? I’m guessing it’s free and they will check to make sure you have tickets before allowing you to park?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT