ADVERTISEMENT

40% of Gas Stations Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had the pumps roped off yesterday around here. Looked like a crime scene. I think even in panic mode people will pay for 93. Even the E85 was sold out!

Saw several stations opened around the Atlanta area today. Lines were long around 12:00, but decreased sharply after that. Some of the small stations were closed.

I found gas today around noon at the second station I went to with no wait. They were out of regular, but there was mid grade and premium. Only 2 other cars gassing up at the time.

I found gas today around noon at the second station I went to with no wait. They were out of regular, but there was mid grade and premium. Only 2 other cars gassing up at the time.
I passed 8 gas stations on the way home, only one had gas.

Hopefully with the pipeline back up people will stop acting foolish and hoarding.

Don't hoard.
I agree with the sentiment and I've heard a lot of folks imploring people not to hoard. But other than filling up a spare 5-gallon gas can, how does the average person hoard gasoline? It's not like we're filling up spare tanker trucks and most of us can't store much gasoline in our pantries because they are still full of toilet paper.

I agree with the sentiment and I've heard a lot of folks imploring people not to hoard. But other than filling up a spare 5-gallon gas can, how does the average person hoard gasoline? It's not like we're filling up spare tanker trucks and most of us can't store much gasoline in our pantries because they are still full of toilet paper.
I’ve seen videos of people filling garbage cans and storage bins.

Have the governors in the southeastern states ordered a max-telework posture through the rest of the week for those state agencies where such is feasible? For that matter, why not an executive order mandating the same for federal offices in these states? If there's one thing folks learned how to do this past year, it's telework. We saw what happened to gas usage when folks stayed home last spring. Surely, everybody can squeeze another couple of days out of their home office setup.

It’s amazing to see how bad it can get . In my area we get at least 2 or 3 major hurricane scares each year and the amount of gas hoarding that goes on blows my mind . I always try to fill up our vehicles ASAP but I’ve literally seen trucks Beds filled up with plastic gas containers. Where the hell do you plan to evacuate to ... Oregon ?!? The amount of greed and disregard for anyone else is staggering .

I think its the same people. Hoarding gas, toilet paper, and avoiding vaccines.
It’s this line of smug, smart Alec, uppity, holier than though thinking that keeps my family away from traditional docs like yourself. Some people actually research and make informed decisions for what’s best for their family before pumping their bodies with something the government tells me is ok. As for hoarding, we didn’t and haven’t hoarded anything. As for you, I hope you don’t impress your own opinion on your patients, and allow them to make their own decisions. Last time I went to a doc for indigestion, his first response was, maybe we should do surgery, or we could just try meds til one works. I’m not a freaking guinea pig to try stuff on until it works, but that’s how docs treat people.

• Sad
Reactions: LakewoodCock
It’s amazing to see how bad it can get . In my area we get at least 2 or 3 major hurricane scares each year and the amount of gas hoarding that goes on blows my mind . I always try to fill up our vehicles ASAP but I’ve literally seen trucks Beds filled up with plastic gas containers. Where the hell do you plan to evacuate to ... Oregon ?!? The amount of greed and disregard for anyone else is staggering .
With hurricane situations I know people stock up on gas for generators in case the power goes out. When Matthew came through in 2016 I was without power for almost a week.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
It’s this line of smug, smart Alec, uppity, holier than though thinking that keeps my family away from traditional docs like yourself. Some people actually research and make informed decisions for what’s best for their family before pumping their bodies with something the government tells me is ok. As for hoarding, we didn’t and haven’t hoarded anything. As for you, I hope you don’t impress your own opinion on your patients, and allow them to make their own decisions. Last time I went to a doc for indigestion, his first response was, maybe we should do surgery, or we could just try meds til one works. I’m not a freaking guinea pig to try stuff on until it works, but that’s how docs treat people.
What triggered you? I’m sure it’s not about hoarding gas and toilet paper. So you think you know better about vaccines? Please tell…

What triggered you? I’m sure it’s not about hoarding gas and toilet paper. So you think you know better about vaccines? Please tell…
His smug comment triggered me. Docs using people like guinea pigs, try this, try this. They don’t know, they’re throwing darts and guessing. Do some research for yourself before you put another needle, pill, or treatment in your body.

Reactions: cocks rule
My comment was to illustrate the similarities. Being that many times, some people’s fears are unfounded and never materialize. Your other issues are something else entirely.

I read that the branded stations like BP, Shell etc would be served first because they had contracts with suppliers. That kind of makes sense then i saw an Indy convenient store with fuel. So who knows? Good luck in your search. It will be over soon then on to the next issue

Reactions: bflogger28
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT