ADVERTISEMENT

5 and 2 and I noticed alot of the "fans" on here...

I notice you only post when we win. Why is that? I've been here everyday for 2 weeks, yet you claim some of us so called "bad mouthers"(as you call us) aren't anywhere to be found. You didn't even respond to your own thread you started Sunday.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Hell... you are one of the ones I was talking about... You are the one who said you were going to bring my post back up when the Cocks get demolished the rest of the season after La Tech WIN. My prediction about NC State aint looking that bad either right about now.
You still haven't shown me the quote where I said we'd get demolished the rest of the season. SHOW ME or don't put words in my mouth.

And some fans like the OP only start threads to call out other fans because they have nothing better to do. Then they accuse those fans of saying stuff they never said.
Feel free to leave me out of y'all's catfight. I was just pointing out the obvious

Feel free to leave me out of y'all's catfight. I was just pointing out the obvious
I'm not fighting with anyone. I think if someone goes out of their way to call out posters and then lie about things they didn't say then they should either prove it or keep quiet. There was no point in starting this thread after a win today. None whatsoever.

I'll stand by that statement, even after the win! I'm happy we pulled it out, but I'm still not overly impressed with our staff, from what I see on the field. If you are, so be it.
If you're not slightly impressed with the improvements on defense and the performances of the young players this staff has brought in to date and see the potential for future progress you either aren't paying attention or for some reason intentionally want them to fail.
Boom is getting it done. It will just take time and better talent. But this team is getting better every week whether you see it or not.

Kurt Roper is still terrible... Defensive wins don't change that fact. Defense is impressive.
The offense is definitely getting better as far as moving the ball and sustaining drives. The OL is progressing in run blocking and the RB's seem to be getting better at finding openings and running through them. Wolford will get the OL right, but again it takes time.
As I've said since before this season, all we can really ask for this season is progress regardless of wins and losses. The good news is the past 3 weeks they've shown a lot of progress on both sides of the ball.
The better news is we are in a position to win more games than most of us thought we would. And that will go a long way regarding recruiting and bringing in more talent.

The offense is definitely getting better as far as moving the ball and sustaining drives. The OL is progressing in run blocking and the RB's seem to be getting better at finding openings and running through them. Wolford will get the OL right, but again it takes time.
As I've said since before this season, all we can really ask for this season is progress regardless of wins and losses. The good news is the past 3 weeks they've shown a lot of progress on both sides of the ball.
The better news is we are in a position to win more games than most of us thought we would. And that will go a long way regarding recruiting and bringing in more talent.
Completely agree.

Boom is 2-0 against Tenn since he came here. I don't see this as a game we were underdogs at all.
They were favored to challenge for the SEC East preseason, whereas we were picked to finish 4th or 5th. Even with the circumstances leading up to our game with UT being demoralized and rumors of Butch being fired, the betting line was essentially a push, with a slight edge to UT for holding home field advantage.
Either way, my intentions weren't to claim we pulled an upset. That's why I added "probably". I was just putting emphasis on the fact that we won and the taters lost...which always makes for a good weekend around my house!

They were favored to challenge for the SEC East preseason, whereas we were picked to finish 4th or 5th. Even with the circumstances leading up to our game with UT being demoralized and rumors of Butch being fired, the betting line was essentially a push, with a slight edge to UT for holding home field advantage.
Either way, my intentions weren't to claim we pulled an upset. That's why I added "probably". I was just putting emphasis on the fact that we won and the taters lost...which always makes for a good weekend around my house!
Sure. I get it but both teams are different now as the season progresses. I don't disagree with you but now that the game was played I just see us being as good or better.

Sure. I get it but both teams are different now as the season progresses. I don't disagree with you but now that the game was played I just see us being as good or better.
We were better tonight...that's all that matters!
Hopefully we will be better next season. I hope it takes their new coaches quit a few years to try to rebuild, and after a few years I hope he fails and they have to start over again!!!

Patience will be rewarded. Champ and his whole staff have done a good job including Roper. How would you like to be Roper and call a game with the lack of parts that we have from a injury and talent standpoint I do question some of his philosophies but can see why with Champ as head coach why he would play to the defensive strengths this year. I give him a pass and I am enjoying every win we get reguardless of how ugly because I know pretty wins are just around the corner. Go. Cocks

Good thing there are still some "true" Gamecock fans left.
Patience will be rewarded. Champ and his whole staff have done a good job including Roper. How would you like to be Roper and call a game with the lack of parts that we have from a injury and talent standpoint I do question some of his philosophies but can see why with Champ as head coach why he would play to the defensive strengths this year. I give him a pass and I am enjoying every win we get reguardless of how ugly because I know pretty wins are just around the corner. Go. Cocks
Plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Interestingly, the game didn't open up until Bentley had a couple good runs.

Could have put the game away with a 2nd TD. Those kinds of things will kill us against better teams (and Vandy is better than Arky and Tenn).

We have one quality win - and all of our wins have come through the D. That's the frustration. If we could put a decent offense on the field, we'd walk over teams like Tenn... and Ky and aTm.

Good thing there are still some "true" Gamecock fans left.

Plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Interestingly, the game didn't open up until Bentley had a couple good runs.

Could have put the game away with a 2nd TD. Those kinds of things will kill us against better teams (and Vandy is better than Arky and Tenn).

We have one quality win - and all of our wins have come through the D. That's the frustration. If we could put a decent offense on the field, we'd walk over teams like Tenn... and Ky and aTm.
We are down Deebo, Googer, Crosby and 3 OL, including our best one, and yesterday we lost Dowdle early. We aren't deep enough on offense to sustain those kind of losses and not miss a beat. We will struggle on offense without them. I think they played well yesterday all things considered.

Tennessee was also coming off a bye. They had every advantage, playing at home, bye week, and were seen as a better team. 0-3 is very harsh to see next to UT though.

Champ and his whole staff have done a good job including Roper.

Disagree. Kentucky he had Deebo almost 3/4 of game looked like crap. 3/4 of the La Tech game the offense looked like crap. Couldn't move the ball at all once we got a 10 point lead at A and M. Had the last pass been completed yesterday we would have lost because of a lack of offense for 3 quarters.

We have done a good job on the defensive side of the ball. The offense is a completely different story.

Disagree. Kentucky he had Deebo almost 3/4 of game looked like crap. 3/4 of the La Tech game the offense looked like crap. Couldn't move the ball at all once we got a 10 point lead at A and M. Had the last pass been completed yesterday we would have lost because of a lack of offense for 3 quarters.

We have done a good job on the defensive side of the ball. The offense is a completely different story.
Well, you may not like him, but my guess is that you are going to have to get used to him or find another team to root for. He's making improvement (sorry if you disagree) and Muschamp likes his offense.

Reactions: rpp2001
Well, you may not like him, but my guess is that you are going to have to get used to him or find another team to root for. He's making improvement (sorry if you disagree) and Muschamp likes his offense.

It's ok and we can agree to disagree. This is what I don't like & Muschamp shouldn't either:
13 points against Kentucky (lowest any KY opponent scored)
15 points against Tennessee (only Umass and Indiana State scored less)
17 points against La Tech (only S Alabama scored less)
31 points against Missouri (sounds good until you realize EVERYONE has scored more against Missouri, even Missouri State)

Our offense has been bad. Our D has bailed them out most games

Reactions: robertfootball
Speaking as a "true" Gamecock fan, this is what I see when I watch the games. I'm not discounting recruiting, injuries, bad breaks, or anything else .... but think about this: 1) We have a "shut-down" cornerback who loves to applaud himself and dance when he is called for pass interference. If he hasn't allowed a TD this year, it could just be because of his multiple pass interference calls. The kid is very talented, but not very disciplined .... that's on the coaching staff. Does anyone here really believe that Frank Martin or Dawn Staley would allow that same behavior when one of our basketball players commits a technical foul? Maybe it would be fine with Mark Kingston for his players to clap for themselves and do a little dance after taking a called third strike, or maybe the same for his pitcher who just gave up that 3 run homer that tied the game? Please don't give me that "football is different" horse manure. If boxers understand they they must be in control of their emotions and maintain self-discipline, then so should football players in a team sport. 2) We have a very talented QB who consistently misses open receivers and often throws to the one with double coverage (record the games and use stop action/slow mo if you doubt me) .... that, too is on the coaches, along with the fact that the kid knows that, no matter what, he's not coming out unless he's injured. That's not a good situation for any athlete in any sport, high school, college, or pro. 3) Our defense is improving, and that is impressive, but it appears we spend the entire first half trying to figure out what the opposing team is doing. Great halftime adjustments, but are we not watching video during the week on our opponents? And why are we so chippy after the play, but sometimes so lackadaisical during it? 4) Offensive scheme and play-calling .... enough said here. Look, I really want Coach Muschamp to succeed here and bring us more glory years, but the lack of discipline in the details concerns me, and we are not a perfect team by any means. True fans aren't afraid to speak up, and we don't always down the kool aid.

Offense is shockingly bad. Amazing how low the bar is for the offense around here. Entire first half was complete garbage. A couple of decent drives in the second half, but still couldn't finish the game when the defense set them up with excellent field position on the TN 42.

Bad. Really bad. A good defense would maul us. Until I see some consistency, this was the same thing I've seen all year. 80% crap. 20% decent.

Defense and special teams are winning games for us. Offense looks like something from an average FCS team.

Interestingly, the game didn't open up until Bentley had a couple good runs.

That is a great observation. Every game we have won pretty much, Bentley's designed runs or scrambles have been some of the biggest plays in the games. He is not Connor Shaw but He definitely can make big plays running the ball. It really did change the game yesterday.

Speaking as a "true" Gamecock fan, this is what I see when I watch the games. I'm not discounting recruiting, injuries, bad breaks, or anything else .... but think about this: 1) We have a "shut-down" cornerback who loves to applaud himself and dance when he is called for pass interference. If he hasn't allowed a TD this year, it could just be because of his multiple pass interference calls. The kid is very talented, but not very disciplined .... that's on the coaching staff. Does anyone here really believe that Frank Martin or Dawn Staley would allow that same behavior when one of our basketball players commits a technical foul? Maybe it would be fine with Mark Kingston for his players to clap for themselves and do a little dance after taking a called third strike, or maybe the same for his pitcher who just gave up that 3 run homer that tied the game? Please don't give me that "football is different" horse manure. If boxers understand they they must be in control of their emotions and maintain self-discipline, then so should football players in a team sport. 2) We have a very talented QB who consistently misses open receivers and often throws to the one with double coverage (record the games and use stop action/slow mo if you doubt me) .... that, too is on the coaches, along with the fact that the kid knows that, no matter what, he's not coming out unless he's injured. That's not a good situation for any athlete in any sport, high school, college, or pro. 3) Our defense is improving, and that is impressive, but it appears we spend the entire first half trying to figure out what the opposing team is doing. Great halftime adjustments, but are we not watching video during the week on our opponents? And why are we so chippy after the play, but sometimes so lackadaisical during it? 4) Offensive scheme and play-calling .... enough said here. Look, I really want Coach Muschamp to succeed here and bring us more glory years, but the lack of discipline in the details concerns me, and we are not a perfect team by any means. True fans aren't afraid to speak up, and we don't always down the kool aid.
1) I didn't like seeing Fenton's reaction at first, but at the same time it could be that he knew he screwed up and was simply trying to get past it and keep his the rest of the defense pumped up to keep them out of the endzone.
BTW, I hate to be the one to tell you but yes...football is much different from hoops and baseball. They are rely on a certain level of emotion, but football relies on it at a higher and more frequent level. There's no comparing any of those sports to the other.
2) The good news about JB is everything you listed is correctable. The boy has all the physical attributes to be a very good QB and that's what they're working on. All young QB's make mistakes and it takes a long time for the game to slow down for them and for them to becoming error free. As to who's to blame, I'd say that lies somewhere in between Roper and Bentley. Since day I feel the staff has asked an awful lot of Bentley putting the game on his shoulders too often in the passing game, which has caused undue pressure and caused him to struggle learning the little things he needs to learn to become a complete QB. The play calling in the past 2-3 games would have been more suitable to help JB, but unfortunately we haven't been very good at run blocking and have had to give Wolford time to work with the OL (which is showing much improvement) and dealing with injuries has even slowed that process. So in reality imho the offense gone through an accumulation of events that has led to the present, and they performing better now than they were 6 weeks ago.
One other point about JB, at least when he misses it hasn't resulted in turnovers. A less talented QB would have possibly thrown twice as many interceptions so give him credit for a having enough awareness to protect the ball.
3) Agree the defense is improving, and doing it with young players. My only response to you about preparation is to remember the opponent scouts our defense too. I hate the bent but don't break style, but this season I believe it is our best option and so far it has served us well. Hopefully they can be more aggressive next season.
4) See #2 again. It's a long processs. All we can ask for is progress and At this point the offense has shown improvement. I've been hard on Roper since day 1 but I will give him credit for increasing production even through the injuries the offense has had to deal with and the players we've had to play without.

I don't really see where any is passing out kook-aid. CWM certainly isn't and he lays it out there in every interview he does. But you're free to express your opinion. I just hope you can see the overall improvements on both sides of the ball.

Sorry so long...rant over

Reactions: rogue cock
We are down Deebo, Googer, Crosby and 3 OL, including our best one, and yesterday we lost Dowdle early. We aren't deep enough on offense to sustain those kind of losses and not miss a beat. We will struggle on offense without them. I think they played well yesterday all things considered.
Fair enough. The only problem is that we've had trouble putting the ball in the endzone - and putting games away because of it - for more than just this year.

Either way, it's been exciting. Even more exciting when we get to see Clemson lose the night before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT