ADVERTISEMENT

5 Star 2022 QB Gunner Stockton

We just need to win some games this year
Muschamp is bringing in the talent throughout team.
Burch. Kaba. Lloyd Doty etc.
We sign this kid and things are looking up
Talent wins games
Just need a competent OC to get offense going
Hate taters but they struggled on offense until they got a competent coordinator and then got skilled QBs like Watson etc

If the offense does what it supposed to do... SCORE POINTS and Hold the ball for more than a 3&Out, we might actually start winning some games. Crazy concept but I heard that it works...

Problem is he can't develop them. I would argue Bentley got progressively worse
I’m not going to disagree with you on that one. I’m fascinated that he’s able to do this based on his history (and not just here). My hope is that we finally are going to have a QB coach. I’m really hoping Bobo is able to do something no other coach who has ever been hired under Muschamp has done.

He love Bobo, we are the team to beat. But to be honest if we fire Muschamp and Bobo. He will not come. Just saying, not that I believe high school kids should be deciding if Muschamp stays or not.

Yeah. Our real aces in the hole are Bobo and Shaw. If we undergo a coaching change, which would almost certainly result in those 2 guys being let go, then we're out of it.

Reactions: agantt
Talent wins games

It’s the same thing every year, isn’t it? Last year at this time the same things were being said about Hilinski across this board. The year before that, people were saying Jake would be the best QB in the conference in the upcoming season.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad

Last edited:
His hero is Connor Shaw and he wears #14. He saw every game Shaw played in college and if you watch his highlights he plays just like him, can throw it but can take off when things break down.
That’s a key when playing behind an Eric Wolford Oline.

His hero is Connor Shaw and he wears #14. He saw every game Shaw played in college and if you watch his highlights he plays just like him, can throw it but can take off when things break down.

Cool. There's also a Georgia Southern connection in a way ... Stockton's father was a Hall of Famer defensive back at GS and Connor Shaw's brother Jaybo played QB for the Eagles and was pretty good in his own right.

And Jaybo is now Gunner Stockton's head coach at Rabun County. He replaces his father, Lee Shaw.

Dont know if that will help our chances, but I dont think it hurts em.

Burch. Kaba. Lloyd Doty etc.
Talent wins games
Just need a competent OC to get offense going
Hate taters but they struggled on offense until they got a competent coordinator and then got skilled QBs like Watson etc
Wouldn't they wining Conference Championships, and playing in BCS bowl games before Watson. Looking at their recruiting they wouldn't finishing behind 6 or 7 teams annually in their Conference.

Reactions: ddw1263 and Dizzy01
Problem is he can't develop them. I would argue Bentley got progressively worse

To be fair, some kids “max out” early on potential. Jake just appears to be one of those guys.

Hope he has success, but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see him sit at Utah. He’s a quality kid, just not sure he has any more room to grow potential wise.

To be fair, some kids “max out” early on potential. Jake just appears to be one of those guys.

Hope he has success, but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see him sit at Utah. He’s a quality kid, just not sure he has any more room to grow potential wise.
That's very possible. But how do you explain the litany of QBs that have flopped under Muschamp's "coaching?"

Not to mention Driskell and Brissett that moved on to greener pastures and wound up starting games in the NFL.

Reading this, brings up a question that has entered my mind frequently. Why did Spurrier have difficult time bringing in elite quarterbacks given his background, experience and accolades? One would think he could have been picking and choosing from the top two or three ranked HS quarterbacks each year. It is odd to me that I think the case can be easily made that Muschamp has brought in more highly regarding quarterbacks already than did Spurrier during his entire stint. I can think of no reason for this other than todays athlete is not willing or capable of handling the pressure and criticism that Spurrier could dole out.

Reading this, brings up a question that has entered my mind frequently. Why did Spurrier have difficult time bringing in elite quarterbacks given his background, experience and accolades? One would think he could have been picking and choosing from the top two or three ranked HS quarterbacks each year. It is odd to me that I think the case can be easily made that Muschamp has brought in more highly regarding quarterbacks already than did Spurrier during his entire stint. I can think of no reason for this other than todays athlete qis not willing or capable of handling the pressure and criticism that Spurrier could dole out.
I think it's more than fair to criticize Spurrier for not bringing in the top QBs. Without looking it up, I believe Garcia was his highest rated. My feeling is that today's top QBs simply don't want to risk getting yanked after a bad series, or even a bad play. They want to know they're The Guy once they've won the starting job.

It's somewhat amazing that Muschamp has been landed some of the QBs he's had -- and could with this one -- considering not a single one has ever flourished under him and almost all have transferred away. Before flourishing elsewhere, in some cases.

To be fair though, Conner Shaw was the first QB that Spurrier recruited, signed and graduated. So he had his own issues with keeping his QBs too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT