ADVERTISEMENT

5 Star 2022 QB Gunner Stockton

I think it's more than fair to criticize Spurrier for not bringing in the top QBs. Without looking it up, I believe Garcia was his highest rated. My feeling is that today's top QBs simply don't want to risk getting yanked after a bad series, or even a bad play. They want to know they're The Guy once they've won the starting job.

It's somewhat amazing that Muschamp has been landed some of the QBs he's had -- and could with this one -- considering not a single one has ever flourished under him and almost all have transferred away. Before flourishing elsewhere, in some cases.

To be fair though, Conner Shaw was the first QB that Spurrier recruited, signed and graduated. So he had his own issues with keeping his QBs too.
Garcia graduated.

Reading this, brings up a question that has entered my mind frequently. Why did Spurrier have difficult time bringing in elite quarterbacks given his background, experience and accolades? One would think he could have been picking and choosing from the top two or three ranked HS quarterbacks each year. It is odd to me that I think the case can be easily made that Muschamp has brought in more highly regarding quarterbacks already than did Spurrier during his entire stint. I can think of no reason for this other than todays athlete is not willing or capable of handling the pressure and criticism that Spurrier could dole out.

Remember, Spurrier could be very tough on QBs, and he was. QB did not play well, he sat.

Man.. I hope like hell Gunner doesn't read this message board because if he's on the fence absolutely nothing said on this board about our coaches and team could possibly sway him our way...

Man.. I hope like hell Gunner doesn't read this message board because if he's on the fence absolutely nothing said on this board about our coaches and team could possibly sway him our way...
I know. But you’ll get called a sunshine pumper if you’re positive. They don’t understand that their negativity really does influence the program negatively.

LOL , come on tater tot why do you care ?
Yep. He’s saying a player who knows the OC very well and also knows Connie Shaw s family very well makes zero sense on wanting to play for people he is familiar with ???
He obviously sees a 5 star RB like Lloyd. A deep talented OL
Plus he knows that Bobo knows how to run an offense
But it makes zero sense ?? Lol
What makes zero sense is a coach giving his players ostarine but says it was in shampoo
Ha ha

Your point? BTW why did you switch names?

The prevailing opinion of many is that he won't last that much longer.

The question was asked in another thread if the prospect of landing Gunner would guarantee Champ keeps his job. It's a good question.

I guess the bigger question: Would you want Muschamp for at least 3 more years if it means landing Stockton, or would you prefer coach even though it means we lose Stockton to UGA?

Surprise, everyone!

Thanks for posting in this thread and participating on FGF. Have seen several questions about the status of this big-time 2022 QB target's recruitment, and we've had a lot of coverage of him in recent days on GamecockCentral.com, including a bunch of stuff on our premium side and on The Insiders Forum.

We currently have a 60 day free trial for you to check out our service.Bonus - anyone in this thread who jumps in on the free trial today and then emails me - clark@Gamecockcentral.com - will get ANOTHER 30 days free. '

Take advantage! We think you'll love the service!

I know. But you’ll get called a sunshine pumper if you’re positive. They don’t understand that their negativity really does influence the program negatively.
Yep it can only hurt the program. Recruits read the hell out of these boards. They want to see what people are saying about them.. That's why I cringe Everytime a recruit is bashed for being a 3 star recruit that decided to pick us.. I hurt for the recruit

And if you follow the kid or recruiting, would know both Bobo and Shaw was strong ties/relationships with him.

It does seem odd though, the recruiting success at QB. The one position Muscamps staffs have consistently squandered over the years.

I understand the excitement over a new OC, but then that is a recurring theme of muschamps staffs too.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Reading this, brings up a question that has entered my mind frequently. Why did Spurrier have difficult time bringing in elite quarterbacks given his background, experience and accolades? One would think he could have been picking and choosing from the top two or three ranked HS quarterbacks each year. It is odd to me that I think the case can be easily made that Muschamp has brought in more highly regarding quarterbacks already than did Spurrier during his entire stint. I can think of no reason for this other than todays athlete is not willing or capable of handling the pressure and criticism that Spurrier could dole out.

If you look at it objectively, Spurrier’s QB’s were basically great college players who never really developed at the next level, guess you could call them “system QB’s”. They were at best journeymen, his most famous QB was the guy on The Bachelor, and he wasn’t famous for football.

His best QB’s here were a former HS WR (Shaw) and a 2* (Thompson). Garcia had the highest ceiling, but he was a spoiled nut job who couldn’t stay out of his own way. Shame, because when he applied himself he was great. Other than those guys, most of our QBs signees were forgettable. Tanner McEvoy was the best athlete, but it’s arguable Sr screwed up his throwing motion because he demanded his guys use identical mechanics.

There were a lot of whispers that he only wanted white QB’s, which apparently cost us some guys over the years. I prefer to think that’s just the way it worked out.

He is a high 4 star on rivals. But, will end up a 5 star on all the rankings.

Now jeff, I know for a fact you've been around long enough to know that's not the way it works at USC. Whatever star you are , when you commit to USC it's an automatic minus 1 star.

Reactions: jeff2001
Surprise, everyone!

Thanks for posting in this thread and participating on FGF. Have seen several questions about the status of this big-time 2022 QB target's recruitment, and we've had a lot of coverage of him in recent days on GamecockCentral.com, including a bunch of stuff on our premium side and on The Insiders Forum.

We currently have a 60 day free trial for you to check out our service.Bonus - anyone in this thread who jumps in on the free trial today and then emails me - clark@Gamecockcentral.com - will get ANOTHER 30 days free. '

Take advantage! We think you'll love the service!

Surprise indeed.

Brissett transferred after losing the job to Driskel
Driskel transferred after McElwain became coach
Grier transferred due to his steroid scandal

Don’t confuse people with facts, they’d rather run with rumor and innuendo.

Grier wanted to transfer here to play for Muschamp, but he couldn’t per SEC rules. Seems strange a talented guy would want to transfer and play for such a supposedly horrible coach.

ADVERTISEMENT