ADVERTISEMENT

80 days -- Can't wait

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020
Was watching a show last night and the particular episode was set in the fall and centered on a high school homecoming football game. It left me longing for the upcoming season. There's just nothing like those crisp fall days, windows open, football on the TV. Particularly coming on the heels of last season, which was disjointed all around. From the Covid setback to the season, to the starting QB debacle, to the overall awfulness of the team, to the lacking atmosphere at the games, to the apparent inevitability that our HC was going to be replaced (or the horrific thought that he might not be). It was just a lost season. The first season in my life since I started watching football when I really didn't care. My interest last year was lower than during our 1-21 streak.

I am so looking forward to an overall return to normalcy. Getting the season started on time. Fans in the stands. A new staff. If my interest last year was 0, it's a 10 this year. I know many are down on the Beamer hire, but I'm eager to see what he and this staff can do. There's no question he's brought some energy and enthusiasm that was lacking. Hopefully we see that translate on the field. We should get the season off to a fun start over Eastern Illinois before reality sets in, but it'll be nice to kick back that first week and watch a low stress game.

80 days and counting.

Was watching a show last night and the particular episode was set in the fall and centered on a high school homecoming football game. It left me longing for the upcoming season. There's just nothing like those crisp fall days, windows open, football on the TV. Particularly coming on the heels of last season, which was disjointed all around. From the Covid setback to the season, to the starting QB debacle, to the overall awfulness of the team, to the lacking atmosphere at the games, to the apparent inevitability that our HC was going to be replaced (or the horrific thought that he might not be). It was just a lost season. The first season in my life since I started watching football when I really didn't care. My interest last year was lower than during our 1-21 streak.

I am so looking forward to an overall return to normalcy. Getting the season started on time. Fans in the stands. A new staff. If my interest last year was 0, it's a 10 this year. I know many are down on the Beamer hire, but I'm eager to see what he and this staff can do. There's no question he's brought some energy and enthusiasm that was lacking. Hopefully we see that translate on the field. We should get the season off to a fun start over Eastern Illinois before reality sets in, but it'll be nice to kick back that first week and watch a low stress game.

80 days and counting.
Couldn't agree more. I can only imagine what the atmosphere will be at the UGA - Clemson opener. Football back, full stadiums, Covid in the rear-view mirror. Gonna be crazy. As for Beamer and SC football, I think they are in for a rough season but with better days ahead.

Couldn't agree more. I can only imagine what the atmosphere will be at the UGA - Clemson opener. Football back, full stadiums, Covid in the rear-view mirror. Gonna be crazy. As for Beamer and SC football, I think they are in for a rough season but with better days ahead.

My Clemson friends are viewing the UGA game as the watershed moment for the program since they've been run off the field in their last 2 games on big stages. Win, and they'll still be elite. Lose, and it means they're probably cycling out.

My Clemson friends are viewing the UGA game as the watershed moment for the program since they've been run off the field in their last 2 games on big stages. Win, and they'll still be elite. Lose, and it means they're probably cycling out.
Cycling out, cycling out, PLEASE...cycling out!

Reactions: OneIsTheWarrior
As a Dawg fan, I worry most about Clemson's ability to hit bit plays. UGA is weakest in the secondary. Last year Clemson couldn't run the ball with a generational talent at QB and best RB in school history. I don't see them running it against that UGA front 7. I think the Dawgs will run on Clemson and that will be the difference in the game. Of course, it could all be just wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Cycling out, cycling out, PLEASE...cycling out!
Unfortunately they aren't cycling out, watch those bastards sign that Manning kid and get another "Lawrence" type generational talent at QB. Somebody in the ACC needs to step up and reclaim the top perch then maybe that will put a debt in their momentum.

As a Dawg fan, I worry most about Clemson's ability to hit bit plays. UGA is weakest in the secondary. Last year Clemson couldn't run the ball with a generational talent at QB and best RB in school history. I don't see them running it against that UGA front 7. I think the Dawgs will run on Clemson and that will be the difference in the game. Of course, it could all be just wishful thinking on my part.
It is wishful thinking. Clemson's front 7 is just as good if not better than UGA. I think the UGA passing game is where they are going to win because I think UGA is better at QB.

I agree and don’t forget everyone knows Clemson is stealing signals now!!! Don’t look for Clemson D to be even slightly as effective against good power 5 teams!!!

Reactions: SLODAWG
Just win.

Reactions: vacock# and Tmac069
mutts now have broad breasted former longhorn coach in waiting as an analyst

what could possibly go wrong?

just beat the taters!

Reactions: Tmac069
It should be one heck of a game. I’m hoping the dawgs beat the taters, of course. My tater friends seem to be cautiously optimistic. They know their defense is good, but the offense causes them concern.

It should be one heck of a game. I’m hoping the dawgs beat the taters, of course. My tater friends seem to be cautiously optimistic. They know their defense is good, but the offense causes them concern.
I think their D line is elite. Given the way Ohio State receivers kept running past their safeties, Clemson fans should be at least a little concerned about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT