ADVERTISEMENT

9:00?! Really?!

No east coast game should be started that late on Sunday... They know fans work on Mondays... Sports talk was told NCAA didn't want games butting heads with NIT... Who cares about the NIT... Even the teams in it don't care... If that is the rational, it's a disgrace...

I think the NCAA is pissed off about Dawn calling them out for Screwing Gamecock fans 4 of the past 5 years

One thing I have been surprised to learn I really like about living in the mountain time zone is sports-viewing. I had always thought I'd have a hard time adjusting to games starting at 10am because I like to get stuff done in the morning before lunch. But I really enjoy being able to stay up to watch the end of sporting events that start after 9pm in the East. These NCAA tournament games that tip off after 10pm Eastern are ridiculous - they should really try to make sure that doesn't happen - even if they have to start games at 11am eastern.

It stinks. BJ or not, I wouldn't have bought tickets had I had an inkling the game was gonna be this stupid late.

Reactions: Cybercock
For you non-conspiracy theorists, please give us an example of the NCAA giving us a break on anything in any sport................ok I`m waiting.........that`s what I thought. Maybe you can say letting the men go to Greenville last year, though I`m sure they never thought little ol` USC and Frank would beat the mighty Dookies and the pristine Coach K. Please give us some examples of NCAA(and SEC for that matter) giving us something favorable............still waiting. It`s not paranoia if it`s real, remember that.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Dawn wrote up and signed an excuse slip for us to use tomorrow.

I'll be there

dawnstaley‏Verified account@dawnstaley

Hello! Hello! Hello! If any of you had concerns about work or school because of the late start of @GamecockWBB @ncaawbb game tomorrow night I have just the thing for you and you and you! By the way, wear your favorite pjs to @CLAmktg tomorrow.
1f917.png
1f917.png
1f917.png

DYgGvdIVMAA4xXy.jpg

10:50 AM - 17 Mar 2018
21 replies 87 retweets 267 likes

For you non-conspiracy theorists, please give us an example of the NCAA giving us a break on anything in any sport................ok I`m waiting.........that`s what I thought. Maybe you can say letting the men go to Greenville last year, though I`m sure they never thought little ol` USC and Frank would beat the mighty Dookies and the pristine Coach K. Please give us some examples of NCAA(and SEC for that matter) giving us something favorable............still waiting. It`s not paranoia if it`s real, remember that.

1000%. Legit here ^^^

Long stretch. Hosting the 1970 Eastern Regional in hoops.
SEC's entrance fee of 50k. Chump change.

Last edited:

I can’t think of single time. Nope not once.

Been at the same job for 38 years my friend .

Government job? Don’t know many in the corporate world that ever lasted 38 years.

I worked in the corporate world for 40 years, 3 months and 12 days until I was called into the HR office at 4:30 PM on September 25, 2017 and was informed that my job had been “eliminated”!

But who’s counting! :confused:

Reactions: king ward
It'll be over at 11. Ever watch Monday night football? Thursday night football? If that's our biggest problem the rest of the way I'll take it.

I worked in the corporate world for 40 years, 3 months and 12 days until I was called into the HR office at 4:30 PM on September 25, 2017 and was informed that my job had been “eliminated”!

Same thing happened to me on 3/10/2010. I've enjoyed every day since..

My hat is off to you my friend. Most get an intolerable or incompetent boss (usually both) somewhere along the way which facilitates a voluntary move or their entire industry becomes obsolete, or gets shoveled off to some 3rd world country in the name of Post-NAFTA globalization. I’m glad you lasted ... unless you became that intolerable, incompetent boss everybody ran from!

Just kidding. You’re one of the few who makes sense on here.

Is that really the tip time of our women's 2nd round game?

Because TV rules everything and like it or not, more people are interested in watching bowling and cornhole championships on ESPN than the 2nd round of the WBB tourney. It's all about the ratings.

My hat is off to you my friend. Most get an intolerable or incompetent boss (usually both) somewhere along the way which facilitates a voluntary move or their entire industry becomes obsolete, or gets shoveled off to some 3rd world country in the name of Post-NAFTA globalization. I’m glad you lasted ... unless you became that intolerable, incompetent boss everybody ran from!

Just kidding. You’re one of the few who makes sense on here.

Thanks for the kind words wally. Actually I did get that intolerable boss right at the very end. I’d love to go into more detail but you never know who’s reading social media! But, 38 of those 40 years were very rewarding and satisfying. The last two, not so much!

We play at 11:30am in Albany on Saturday; I will have to get up extra early to be at the game on time.

This year's UCONN team is as dominating as any team I've ever seen in any sport. Those kids play every second like their family members will be executed if they don't win by 40.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT