ADVERTISEMENT

93rd in CBS Top 130 Preseason Poll

Iowa St. Cincy. Well in the top 25🤦‍♂️
Miami at 15 is trash. No way!

88 East Carolina 93 South Carolina has to hurt. I seriously doubt East Carolina wins that game if y'all played.

Same for SMU 53 vs Baylor 67. Baylor crushes SMU if they play.

I have to marvel at polls like this. So Toledo, FAU, Tulane, western Michigan, Ohio, UTSA, etc. are better teams than South Carolina. Got it! Well I guess we better not even play this year. I’ll tell you what, make me up a schedule full of those teams and I’ll guarantee you a great season record. Let’s put those teams in the SEC and see if they would sniff a win.

88 East Carolina 93 South Carolina has to hurt. I seriously doubt East Carolina wins that game if y'all played.

Same for SMU 53 vs Baylor 67. Baylor crushes SMU if they play.
It doesn't hurt. That's about as complete shit of a ranking as they come. Carolina would beat damn near 50 of the teams listed ahead of them. I could see someone listing us around 60 at worst, and I would be okay with that thinking. 93 isn't realistic

Did not click, but I was told that in the SEC/ACC we are ahead of only Syracuse and Vandy. That’s hard to wrap your head around.

I like it. We were terrible last year. Lost the last six games by an average of 25 points a game, concluding with the 41-18 shackling at UK. (4-6) The bar has been set very low - compliments of Mr. Muschamp.

Nothing but blue sky above for Beamer to work with. Need to check into the Vegas lines. If they have us anywhere close to what this poll is suggesting, time to go long on the Gamecocks.

Reactions: Judson1 and TAV31
Current Vegas over/under 3.5 wins with the following odds:
  • Over 3.5 -139
  • Under 3.5 +110
That's rather attractive.

Potential wins
Eastern Illinois, Troy, Vandy, ECU, UK (at home), UT or Mizzou

Decent chance we could win 5. Very good chance we win at least 4.

-----------------------

2021 Schedule
  • 09/04/2021 - vs. Eastern Illinois
  • 09/11/2021 - at ECU
  • 09/18/2021 - at Georgia
  • 09/25/2021 - vs. Kentucky
  • 10/02/2021 - vs. Troy
  • 10/09/2021 - at Tennessee
  • 10/16/2021 - vs. Vanderbilt
  • 10/23/2021 - at Texas A&M
  • 11/06/2021 - vs. Florida
  • 11/13/2021 - at Missouri
  • 11/20/2021 - vs. Auburn
  • 11/27/2021 - vs. Clemson

I like it. We were terrible last year. Lost the last six games by an average of 25 points a game, concluding with the 41-18 shackling at UK. (4-6) The bar has been set very low - compliments of Mr. Muschamp.

Nothing but blue sky above for Beamer to work with. Need to check into the Vegas lines. If they have us anywhere close to what this poll is suggesting, time to go long on the Gamecocks.
First thing I thought when I saw this was to make sure my Betus account is active and ready to roll. 😀 I'll try several different bets, but I get the most joy playing some parlays.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Im almost certain you see performance above what is predicted this year. And we will get more out of what’s on roster than the previous staff did.
Some of the tackling displays. The games when we couldn’t even force ONE punt. That’s not players. These rosters throughout the league aren’t THAT far apart. That was coaching or players who quit on the coaching.
Enthusiasm throughout the program with the new staff will help here.

After last year, I really don't think we win more than 4, but we are better than 93rd!

It doesn't hurt. That's about as complete shit of a ranking as they come. Carolina would beat damn near 50 of the teams listed ahead of them. I could see someone listing us around 60 at worst, and I would be okay with that thinking. 93 isn't realistic
I think there are several teams that would decimate many of the teams above them. This ranking is too impressed with teams with winning records against inferior opponents. Losing to Florida by 14 is more impressive than beating Wofford by 21, IMHO.

At this sad stage of our FB program, I really avoid looking at polls, opinions, and projections for the season. It does no one any good. We are in full-bore rebuilding mode, and that has nothing to do with rankings among the better programs right now.

Just need to get the season started, and hope that our new staff is able to build positively. Then maybe NEXT SEASON (2022), I'll be more interested in reading what others have to say about us.....

Reactions: rogue cock
Probably based on predicted record most of all.
Miami at 15 probably because they see them losing 2 with their schedule.
Coastal in the SEC probably loses most if not all and would definitely not be as high. But it’s the same team no matter where they play.

4-1 after five games. Bet the house on over 3.5

I’m as fair minded as they come, and I can’t see less than 4 wind.

Less than that would be a total fail.

No way EIU, ECU, Vandy, Troy or a demolished UcheaT has more overall talent.

With Harris, we should have the best weapon of the group.

4/1 out of that bunch is simply performing at a competent level.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT