ADVERTISEMENT

A 24 point loss to Coastal???

When Frank retires because Ray won’t fire him, I am sure we will end up with an awesome assistant from Lander if RT is searching.

Pathetic.

Reactions: cockofdawn
When Frank retires because Ray won’t fire him, I am sure we will end up with an awesome assistant from Lander if RT is searching.

Pathetic.
If the awesome assistant from Lander can coach, AND ALSO recruit 4* or better players, let's give him a try.

Per usual with Frank. The team looks horrible for the first half of the season. Then slowly improves and actually wins some games you think they wouldn't. But any chances at a tourney bid are killed by embarrassing early season losses. One would think that this trend will no doubt be the end to the Frank Martin tenure. But then again I have thought that for the last two years. With this administration they seem to be satisfied with mediocrity, and sometimes less.
Let’s be real, this was old Frank. The “per usual” is giving him more credit for something we haven’t done. We haven’t sniffed the tournament since the Final Four run.

So there you go.
Yep, I am still hoping since there will be no change during the season. However, nothing has changed. We have good athletes, just not quite mid level SEC in quality and quantity. Not much to look forward to on the horizon. No reason to expect anything different.

One game does not a season make.
In the eyes of the selection committee, this kind of loss can. In years past losses to Stetson, Stoney Brook and Wyoming (among others) have basically written us out of the tournament.

We then have to play our way back in with the conference slate. And we typically play just good enough to be left out. Again.

In the eyes of the selection committee, this kind of loss can. In years past losses to Stetson, Stoney Brook and Wyoming (among others) have basically written us out of the tournament.

We then have to play our way back in with the conference slate. And we typically play just good enough to be left out. Again.
Yes, that is the handwriting on the wall. And, were we to land one of the in state PJ Dozier or Sindarius level players in the recruiting battles for next year's or the year's after athletes, then things might well change. However, that does not ever seem to change, either.

There is something nefarious about college basketball recruiting going on. The talent goes to the same places, always, and we always seem to get left out. Again, were we to land a really impressive class this year, I would say we should be patient.

Yes, that is the handwriting on the wall. And, were we to land one of the in state PJ Dozier or Sindarius level players in the recruiting battles for next year's or the year's after athletes, then things might well change. However, that does not ever seem to change, either.

There is something nefarious about college basketball recruiting going on. The talent goes to the same places, always, and we always seem to get left out. Again, were we to land a really impressive class this year, I would say we should be patient.
What planet are you living on, you seriously think there is a chance in hell FM all of a sudden turns into a great recruiter? Give up the ghost dude, this crap isn’t getting any better under FM.

What planet are you living on, you seriously think there is a chance in hell FM all of a sudden turns into a great recruiter? Give up the ghost dude, this crap isn’t getting any better under FM.
I thought Brian Steele might make a difference recruiting wise. Why be negative? It was decided that he would get one more year anyway. You recall the end of season s#$%storm.

I thought Brian Steele might make a difference recruiting wise. Why be negative? It was decided that he would get one more year anyway. You recall the end of season s#$%storm.
I’ll ask you the same question, what exactly is there to be positive with regarding this basketball team. The writing has been on the wall for a while now, you don’t have to look hard to see it.

I’ll ask you the same question, what exactly is there to be positive with regarding this basketball team. The writing has been on the wall for a while now, you don’t have to look hard to see it.
Are you in Alaska? There are positive things at which to look.

Yep, I am still hoping since there will be no change during the season. However, nothing has changed. We have good athletes, just not quite mid level SEC in quality and quantity. Not much to look forward to on the horizon. No reason to expect anything different.
The Ceiling is Low, but Frank Will Not Go.

As colonial life arena becomes more and more barren because fans refuse to show up to watch this clown show, perhaps then the USC administration and those on the board who seem to dictate who and when we hire or fire will take the very very very obvious action and fire the head clown and other clowns who run the basketball program.
If legislators such as Darrell Jackson are concerned with dollars perhaps should calculate how 5000 fans or more not paying $20 per game for 15-18 games per year affects the athletic budget.
Come on people. We can do better. We have done better in basketball, baseball and football. To say that we have never done anything therefore we can’t expect or even hope to do better is The loser mentality which is our problem. We have done better and we can do better. It just takes the right person to run the Athletic department and hire great coaches such as Steve Spurrier, Frank McGuire and Ray Tanner(baseball coach not AD).

Frank will stay, the BOT and AD we cannot sway?
He would have been gone last year if it weren't for the SC Legislature and Caslen. Thankfully, Tanner was able to go to one or more private donors to buyout Muschamp' or we would still have him as Caslen also vetoed paying his buyout.

Have you seen them in person, or are you just watching from AK?
The score is the same whether you are watching in person or afar on tv, BAD basketball! The spin some of you make to justify terrible results is amazing. I guess tv distorts the reality of the game.

The score is the same whether you are watching in person or afar on tv, BAD basketball! The spin some of you make to justify terrible results is amazing. I guess tv distorts the reality of the game.
Have you been to a game, or watched any of the players in person?

Have you been to a game, or watched any of the players in person?
Why does that matter, because they are good people, they try hard, what is your point. We aren’t paying a dude millions for zero tourneys, 1 SEC tourney win going on 6 years. Enough with the participation trophy you obviously support.

Why does that matter, because they are good people, they try hard, what is your point. We aren’t paying a dude millions for zero tourneys, 1 SEC tourney win going on 6 years. Enough with the participation trophy you obviously support.
Don't think you know what I support, or don't support. You are wrong.

To hell with wanting national fame
I just wish we could win a basketball game
I would be happy to settle for recruiting at a mid-SEC level, and occasionally making the tournament and winning the first round game. There are 64 teams in the tournament, and we are the 17th highest ranked school in terms of resources. What am I missing?

I would be happy to settle for recruiting at a mid-SEC level, and occasionally making the tournament and winning the first round game. There are 64 teams in the tournament, and we are the 17th highest ranked school in terms of resources. What am I missing?

Exactly, there's no reason that USC shouldn't be making the tourney every three years or so.

Don't think you know what I support, or don't support. You are wrong.
You were the one who said, and I quote “there were positive things to look”, I was simply trying to pry out of you what those are in relation to our basketball situation, and you never answered.

Last edited:
When I saw them miss on a dunk, I turned it off.

They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

It was like Planes, Train and Automobiles for basketball.

Q: What do you think their shooting percentage is?

A: One.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT