ADVERTISEMENT

A certain thread got locked before I had a chance to defend myself.

Franklin and that fool Falwell at Liberty are disgraces to religion.
Yep, Billy is probably turning over in his grave.. for Falwell Jr. like father , like son
I knew Jerry Falwell very well. He would be ashamed over his sons' actions were he still alive today. Falwell got a bad rap. He was a good man who unfortunately made a few bad decisions that haunted him till the day he died. (the PTL fiasco and his ridiculous view on Teletubbies) That being said, he was a good, decent, honest, sincere man. His son is an absolute moron who is going to run that ministry into the ground....

Last edited:
Reactions: bosoxcock
Jesus was a cool guy. I wish most Christians were more like him. I don't know how anyone takes that prosperity gospel stuff seriously. It's the opposite of everything he preached.
He wasnt a "guy." He was the son of God in flesh - but yea, I have often wondered how the prosperity gospel preaches explain away the fact that every single one of the apostles, with the exception of John, were executed. How do they explain the hundreds of thousands of Christians that were thrown to the lions and crucified and torched by Nero to light the Roman streets at night? Did those people just "not have enough faith?" Really cannot stand that whole movement and those hypocrite preachers.

He wasnt a "guy." He was the son of God in flesh - but yea, I have often wondered how the prosperity gospel preaches explain away the fact that every single one of the apostles, with the exception of John, were executed. How do they explain the hundreds of thousands of Christians that were thrown to the lions and crucified and torched by Nero to light the Roman streets at night? Did those people just "not have enough faith?" Really cannot stand that whole movement and those hypocrite preachers.
According to Pat Robertson they just weren’t good Christians.

Well pro choice folks have done one helluva job changing people’s hearts regarding abortion. Of course they’ve had government help funded via Planned Parenthood. Perhaps it’s time the government funds right to life groups as well. However I’m against government intervention. I don’t think it should fund either one.
Funny thing...The Republicans will spend millions to prevent abortions but will spend nothing to help take care of these kids who aren't wanted. Many times these kids grow up in a world where no one wants them and end up in a life of crime and drugs. In a perfect world we would have funding for both...Fund programs to help these families deal with raising these children.

For the Pro Lifer group, is there never a case of aborting a baby (i still wonder when after conception, we actually have a real human)? What if your daughter or wife was raped by a turd? What if the same happened by incest? What if?
What about the morning after pill?
You dont have a baby immediately after conception, there is a period of time where it is just a group of cells trying to form a baby.

I cant believe Church has changed that much. I can't believe a Preacher actually said that. Openly praying ill will on people. It's the most disturbing think I've heard in awhile. It's scary this Preacher still has a congregation after saying that.
Go back and read post # 97. Riddled with contradictions. I'm beginning to believe that what was heard, is not actually what was said.

I knew Jerry Falwell very well. He would be ashamed over his sons' actions were he still alive today. Falwell got a bad rap. He was a good man who unfortunately made a few bad decisions that haunted him till the day he died. (the PTL fiasco and his ridiculous view on Teletubbies) That being said, he was a good, decent, honest, sincere man. His son is an absolute moron who is going to run that ministry into the ground....

just a word here cause I hear this some- Falwell Jr is not a pastor. His dad was, and led a huge church.

Fallwell Jr has some issues. I’ll leave it at that.

@ Freddy. I really wouldnt lose sleep over it. We have all said some things we should not have and we have all had many more thoughts we should not entertain. Something to remember though...If that moron Biden is elected, God knows it and allowed it for whatever His reasons are....
Proverbs 21 -
The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord,
Like the rivers of water;
He turns it wherever He wishes.
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
But the Lord weighs the heart.
3 To do righteousness and justice
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

All religion at times has been prevented by man both Muslims and Christians. Jesus came to offer a way for those of faith to overcome their sins which we cannot help but sin evey day in thought, word, or deed. As far as God deciding elections or taking out anyone that is not how He works in this world. People are free to believe or not and hopefully not pervert the word. Jesus said "render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's". I have friends who are believers and those that don't believe. I may not subscribe to their viewpoint but I respect their choice.

Funny thing...The Republicans will spend millions to prevent abortions but will spend nothing to help take care of these kids who aren't wanted. Many times these kids grow up in a world where no one wants them and end up in a life of crime and drugs. In a perfect world we would have funding for both...Fund programs to help these families deal with raising these children.
Republicans spending nothing to take care of an unwanted child is simply a political statement which isn’t based in fact. I’m wrong? Link please that isn’t just a liberal opinion.

Republicans spending nothing to take care of an unwanted child is simply a political statement which isn’t based in fact. I’m wrong? Link please that isn’t just a liberal opinion.
First off I'm more conservative then liberal...but it's common knowledge that way more money is spent on making abortion illegal then programs to help these kids having babies.

Thats part of your problem right there. A Duke ordained minister? I bet he is as liberal as they come.....

That he is. I have never heard a single member of our church say they like him. My wife and I enjoy Sunday School but many times don't stay for the preaching service because he is not an uplifting minister.

First off I'm more conservative then liberal...but it's common knowledge that way more money is spent on making abortion illegal then programs to help these kids having babies.
How much money is actually spent on it? Despite all the talk about it to drum up the votes nothing ever comes out of Congress. They were certainly able to pass the donor benefit tax bill which was really all they wanted to get done. They’ll talk about it again over the next couple months so people can pretend that’s what they are voting for all the time knowing it is just empty words.

That he is. I have never heard a single member of our church say they like him. My wife and I enjoy Sunday School but many times don't stay for the preaching service because he is not an uplifting minister.
I have never understood liberal Christians and preachers. What is the point? If I didnt really believe the truth of the Bible, why would I want to waste my time EVER going to a church, much less working at one?
But thats just me....

I have never understood liberal Christians and preachers. What is the point? If I didnt really believe the truth of the Bible, why would I want to waste my time EVER going to a church, much less working at one?
But thats just me....
You do realize there's more than one religion and more than one interpretation of the bible. Plus, there are (gasp!) homosexual ministers and even churches who welcome LGBT.

I move to eradicate this entire thread, such that it does not fall into the hands of the divide and conquer "sans firing a shot mob."

You do realize there's more than one religion and more than one interpretation of the bible. Plus, there are (gasp!) homosexual ministers and even churches who welcome LGBT.
Yea, I realize that. However, the Bible says what it says. And a homosexual minister can try to twist scripture to support his view all he wants, but it is what it is. Those folks are a disgrace.

Yea, I realize that. However, the Bible says what it says. And a homosexual minister can try to twist scripture to support his view all he wants, but it is what it is. Those folks are a disgrace.
I’m pretty sure the Bible doesn’t say to worship lying, thieving adulterers or support pimps but that doesn’t seem to stop people either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT