ADVERTISEMENT

A Gamecock Baseball Run in our last 2 series, and into the post season.....

bascock

Mar 16, 1999
Some things to consider....while we go to Kentucky...Tenn plays Arky. Then we play Tenn. that has a chance to move us into 2nd in East if we do well and Arky is the normal #1 razorback team we've seen over last 2-3 years.

The next two teams we can overtake in the standings are Florida and Ole Miss. Gators play Georgia and the ....ARKY. Ole Miss plays Vandy and Georgia.

I like our last 2 series chances over the other 3 teams Tenn, Florida, and Ole Miss!

And HOW is it the Gamecocks play well enuff' to make this leap in the standings.....Brett Kerry ! And with Kerry comes a spark in the team. I think Kingston has made a brilliant move to "throw" Kerry in as Saturday starter, and moving Sanders to Long relief Bull Pen support. That substantially improves the pitching scenario for the last two series...and these moves create excitement in the team....and that's how a momentum swing happens....

I'm hopefull, and also a Gamecock Die-hard baseball fan since the 70s.

You heard it here first !

Respectfully,

BASCock

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
From what I see in the standings, IF we can sweep TN we will have a real shot at being #2 in the East and ahead of possibly all but 2-3 teams in the West. It looks like our season ends entering the SEC tournament with chance at being anywhere from the #4 seed to the #8 seed. Realistically, if we sweep TN, it's a 4 or 5 seed, if we win the series, it's a 5 or 6 seed, if we take 1 from TN, it's a 7 or 8 seed. If we are swept, it's a 7-8 seed.
And of course all of this will have an impact on the NCAA hostings and seedings. A LOT is riding on these last 4 games. The UK sweep was VERY big.

Yes Sir ! Agree. I think with Kerry in the starting rotation and the team feeling momentum, there's a "Chance" for the sweep if all goes well !

Im pulling for the Gamecocks.

• Love
Reactions: Kitchenlabs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT