ADVERTISEMENT

A Heartfelt Message from BBN

ScoonerT

Jun 18, 2012
No words to heal the wound, but only to offer a few thoughts: Zags had you in height and oftentimes, that’s enough to tip the scale at the right moment to seal a deal; but, then many times, height doesn’t always win out over heart and will and you all certainly had that. Just one wrong move or the way ball echoes off a rim can determine a game and NO ONE is to blame for last night’s loss. It was a team effort! Support your players more than ever now because they are hurting a whole lot more and will be hurting a whole lot longer than you ever will be and long after you've forgotten about it and moved on. For them, it's a wound that will NEVER heal. Embrace them and show them nothing but your support and love. And, remember that when emotions and stakes run fever-pitch high as they did in last night's game, within a moment anything can happen and possibly none of us could have ever done any better with how it finally played out. I think that most of us here in Kentucky can pretty much really feel your pain because we, maybe of all fans, know that pain better than anyone and it never gets any easier. Never. Yes, it does hurt. Remember this very special time in your program and smile upon it fondly, always. No regrets, Gamecocks. No regrets. You made us all very proud within the SEC.

Last edited:
I have no regrets with the game yesterday. South Carolina overachieved and went far and beyond anyone's expectation by playing a basketball game in the month of April. In the future, i have reason to believe that coach Martin will create another perfect storm and release it during the NCAA tournament. The basketball program deserves an A+ for the season it had..

No words to heal the wound, but only to offer a few thoughts: Zags had you in height and oftentimes, that’s enough to tip the scale at the right moment to seal a deal; but, then many times, height doesn’t always win out over heart and will and you all certainly had that. Just one wrong move or the way ball echoes off a rim can determine a game and NO ONE is to blame for last night’s loss. It was a team effort! Support your players more than ever now because they are hurting a whole lot more and will be hurting a whole lot longer than you ever will be and long after you've forgotten about it and moved on. For them, it's a wound that will NEVER heal. Embrace them and show them nothing but your support and love. And, remember that when emotions and stakes run fever-pitch high as they did in last night's game, within a moment anything can happen and possibly none of us could have ever done any better with how it finally played out. I think that most of us here in Kentucky can pretty much really feel your pain because we, maybe of all fans, know that pain better than anyone and it never gets any easier. Never. Yes, it does hurt. Remember this very special time for your program and smile upon it fondly, always. No regrets, Gamecocks. No regrets. You made us all very proud within the SEC.

Thanks. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Nice post..............it does hurt, but it's the first time we've felt that kind of hurt in basketball in a long time. KY fans get to go through this constantly, so you should count your blessings. But with all that pain of the loss, I wouldn't trade it for the NIT in a million years. I want this every year now:)

Nice post..............it does hurt, but it's the first time we've felt that kind of hurt in basketball in a long time. KY fans get to go through this constantly, so you should count your blessings. But with all that pain of the loss, I wouldn't trade it for the NIT in a million years. I want this every year now:)

Amen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT