ADVERTISEMENT

A J Lawson to go Pro has until June 3 for final decision.

He needs to come back. He regressed this year. But unlike Clemson, we tend to have our athletes leave early to minimal success while they can talk people like Etienne into coming back for another year.
I don't think he's regressed but I don't think he had the sophomore jump we all expected either. I think if there's any workouts or extra evaluations, he would be a fool to not get that free advice before coming back here.

I don't think he's regressed but I don't think he had the sophomore jump we all expected either. I think if there's any workouts or extra evaluations, he would be a fool to not get that free advice before coming back here.
Good points.

Honestly, he has to do what he feels is best for him, but I’m not even sure he was the best player on our team this past year.

He needs to come back. He regressed this year. But unlike Clemson, we tend to have our athletes leave early to minimal success while they can talk people like Etienne into coming back for another year.
Time to go. Leaving is the right move for him. Clear he and Martin don't jive. If he stays, may have a shot at the NIT.

Time for some coaching that will get him ready for the next level and make a few dollars in the process.

We all agree he's not ready for the NBA but the G League his best option next year.

I wish FFF would go pro. Let him not make the postseason in the NBA.

I wish FFF would go pro. Let him not make the postseason in the NBA.
Frank wouldn't survive a month in the NBA. Bullying doesn't work at the level. Look what happened to J.B. with the Cavs this year.

Players run the NBA. Frank's head would explode.

Reactions: jsusc
Agree. No reason not to get the free advice, additional coaching, and additional competition. I'd advise my players to do the same as a coach. I'd encourage EVERYONE who's interested to get draft evaluations in every sports.

Reactions: Gamekem
He’s just testing the waters and getting feedback
So he can see what he needs to improve on which is a good bit
Doesn’t mean he’s ready to be drafted

Reactions: OldWiseCock
He’s just testing the waters and getting feedback
So he can see what he needs to improve on which is a good bit
Doesn’t mean he’s ready to be drafted

Lawson tested the waters before last season, and the feedback he got was that he was a potential dark horse 1st RD pick.

I think that "feedback" hurt him far more than not bothering with it did - it caused him to play flaccid on defense, and resort more to outside shots than driving and slashing to the basket. I don't know if that was a result of "feedback" being that he needed to show more from the perimeter as a shooter, or if it made him afraid of putting himself into harm's way and blowing a huge payday. But either case played head-games with him IMO....

Lawson tested the waters before last season, and the feedback he got was that he was a potential dark horse 1st RD pick.

I think that "feedback" hurt him far more than not bothering with it did - it caused him to play flaccid on defense, and resort more to outside shots than driving and slashing to the basket. I don't know if that was a result of "feedback" being that he needed to show more from the perimeter as a shooter, or if it made him afraid of putting himself into harm's way and blowing a huge payday. But either case played head-games with him IMO....

I don't see him as the "driver - slasher" type of player. On fast breaks he almost always made the wrong decision and tried to take it to the basket himself. He rarely beat his man.

Where he needs to improve is passing and moving without the ball. He's tall and wiry, but he's just not that quick or strong.

I hope he stays another year. IMO, he really needs to hit the gym a bit more.

Oh well. After what I saw this year, there is nobody on our team who I would say is not expendable.

His daddy wants to get paid. He is not an NBA player at all.

well half of 50,000 is 25,000 for your G-league day to day folks, plus snacks.

Comeback, "be a part of a post season run" or even crazier the go to leader in some capacity, he was better driving the rim freshman year.

(I know King & Jusc, I am laughing as I type it thinking NIT as I laugh some more but lets indulge this NBA thing for a sec, since its kinda sports and relevant to a young man who played sports at our school)

Gain the publicity that follows your actually being in the dance, and have a legitimate shot at a mid to late 1st round, early second pick.

Why dont yall just take a giant shit on him. 1 time.

I want the kid to succeed. I don't see where his game is ready for the NBA right now. This year, he would disappear way too much during games, something you can't do if you're trying to make an NBA team. If he left now, then I would have to ask him if he would be happy with playing in the G-league or over seas and topping out there... if the answer is yes, then he should go, but I think he needs to develop more if he wants to make it the NBA.

I agree, the shots are unnecessary
..... he did regress and should stay at college level , but he’s definitely a above average player in college.

I don't get the potshots either. He doesn't lose anything by putting in his name and has everything to gain. Yes, I would love to see him come back and I think that is still likely.

No shots here. I have said all along he needs to go. Like PJ, he can work his way through the G League. No shame in taking that route. Frank or the G League? I am picking the G League every time.

Reactions: ddw1263
He definitely has an NBA skill set and has the athleticism, he just needs to be a more consistent shooter and a better ball handler.

He and we would both benefit from him coming back. I'm hopeful. We shouldn't begrudge him from wanting to talk to NBA Scouts.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
No shots here. I have said all along he needs to go. Like PJ, he can work his way through the G League. No shame in taking that route. Frank or the G League? I am picking the G League every time.
You are right. People take the same shots at PJ, but 3 years later PJ I was on an NBA roster and was getting 10-12 minutes of playing time a game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT