ADVERTISEMENT

A leader gets results!

Brace1

Oct 8, 2008
Greenville SC
I know we don’t like it but Dabo is a true leader he runs that program about as good as I’ve ever seen a sports team ran. He’s been doing it for several years and right now all we can do is watch! We are far behind them and it’s gonna take a long time before we catch up; They are playing on another level and I’m hoping to see our Gamecocks get there one day! I laughed at Dabo and made fun of him when we were kicking their tails, but I knew Clemson had something special in Dabo. And I was hoping they ran him outta town when Spurrier was whopping up on him, because I saw how he elevated that program! Swinney might not be drawing up the playbook but he brought in the right guys to do it and he’s maintained that unit. I don’t like him; But as a “football coach I gotta respect him” He’s a Leader!

Im impressed but something didnt look right about Wilkins trying to guve Dabo a wet willy while interviewing with Reese. That doesnt look like respect to me.

Im impressed but something didnt look right about Wilkins trying to guve Dabo a wet willy while interviewing with Reese. That doesnt look like respect to me.
Just because you perceive he’s not getting respect doesn’t make it true. Dabo has the respect of his team if he didn’t they wouldn’t win the way they do. It takes more than talent to win Championships.

Reactions: ImmaTiger

That was always fun to say during our streak of five... Watch them run off another four or five in a row, and we'll continue to look like their little brothers...

Winners focus on the goals at hand, losers focus on the winners... Unfortunately as it stands right now Viper, we are only able to focus a great coach (almost vomited in my mouth typing that)

I know we don’t like it but Dabo is a true leader he runs that program about as good as I’ve ever seen a sports team ran. He’s been doing it for several years and right now all we can do is watch! We are far behind them and it’s gonna take a long time before we catch up; They are playing on another level and I’m hoping to see our Gamecocks get there one day! I laughed at Dabo and made fun of him when we were kicking their tails, but I knew Clemson had something special in Dabo. And I was hoping they ran him outta town when Spurrier was whopping up on him, because I saw how he elevated that program! Swinney might not be drawing up the playbook but he brought in the right guys to do it and he’s maintained that unit. I don’t like him; But as a “football coach I gotta respect him” He’s a Leader!
Why don't you call him up and take him to dinner?

Why don't you call him up and take him to dinner?
Dude I can’t stand Dabo and I hate Clemson University with a passion, but the bottom line is they’re on top of the mountain with a coach determined to keep them there. Now I can rant and rave on here like a kid and say bad things about Clemson And Dabo; but I’ve done that for 40 plus years as a Gamecock fan and right now there’s not a darn thing I could say or do to bring them down! “And neither can you,” I’m not celebrating Dabo here, I’m just recognizing what he is and even though you don’t like it! “You can’t deny it!” Dabo is a leader point blank!

Spurrier had us in a good place. We won 5 in a row, and yet Clemson stuck with Dabo. He turned the fans, the administration and the players into believers. And while that was blossoming, our coach took his foot off the gas, and we lost our edge. And we all know the rest of the story.

That doesn’t mean we can’t do the same thing. We must have a true leader though to get us there - a CEO who focuses not just on results, but he changes the culture of the program and administration. Spurrier did that for a short period of time with success. But we need a much stronger CEO now because knocking Clemson off their perch will be very challenging. They’ve cemented their program into elite status, and that won’t change until either Dabo changes or they are challenged by another program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT