ADVERTISEMENT

A legend retires, Summerville's coach Mckissick

roostah1

Jul 29, 2002
glad to say I had the opportunity to play under him! Nothing official yet but it's looking likely!

Last edited:
Reactions: tatertime
The old man had a good run. Once the Summerville area split the talent and population with Ft. Dorchester his teams weren't as dominant as the 70s and 80s. Got to play against his JV and Varsity teams was always impressed with the amount of players they brought.

62 years and 620 wins. He was motivated by a passion to teach and mold his players. We were fortunate to have worked with him. Despite all his many accolades I was always impressed by his humility. When most 87 year old guys were napping he was coaching his team in the summer heat. His ability to be successful at any age gives all of us reason to believe we can carry on as well. We will miss you Coach!

The old man had a good run. Once the Summerville area split the talent and population with Ft. Dorchester his teams weren't as dominant as the 70s and 80s. Got to play against his JV and Varsity teams was always impressed with the amount of players they brought.

The split when Ashley Ridge came was even more detrimental to Summerville's talent, but the school itself was badly needed.

Reactions: AgnosticTrollCock
I remember there was a game where it was the reunion of the first class he coached (like 1953 or something) and all the folks looked 10 years older than he did. I feel sorry for whoever has to fill his shoes. His grandson coach Call I take it?

Nah, he used to say he's "got 4-5 years" left in him and now it's down to "2 or 3". I wonder if it will hurt his recruiting.

Nah, he used to say he's "got 4-5 years" left in him and now it's down to "2 or 3". I wonder if it will hurt his recruiting.

Lame.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT