ADVERTISEMENT

A little help, please. College buddy of mine coming to the Vandy game....

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
He's asked me about free parking. I told him I really didn't know of any. Any of y'all know some free parking areas where you don't have to walk 2 miles? Thanks.

Up by the Roost on the road...not terribly long walk. Also the shuttle which is like 3 bucks from Coliseium drops you off at fair grounds.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Is he that cheap or currently between jobs?

Neither. He just texted & wanted to know about the "free parking." I never notice it & really don't pay attention to paid parking. How much do places near the stadium charge?

We go up bluff from 77 it starts free then five then ten then twenty bucks the closer you get.. It is real easy getting back to the interstate after the game

Reactions: Judson1
Tell me more about the shuttles. Figuring they're jam packed with drunken & profane frat boys.
My daughter and her boyfriend ride the shuttle every week. They are 26 and 28. I've heard no complaints about "drunk and profane frat boys." Apparently a train gummed up the works after the Tennessee game, but generally speaking they get out of there pretty quickly.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
My daughter and her boyfriend ride the shuttle every week. They are 26 and 28. I've heard no complaints about "drunk and profane frat boys." Apparently a train gummed up the works after the Tennessee game, but generally speaking they get out of there pretty quickly.
Yeah kids ride it...Students ride free but never had an issue with drunk people or anything. They take back roads to the stadium off Assembly so they don’t hit traffic.

Drunken frat boys? I think anyone who has spent a night in Nashville will be fine with Columbia's hellions.

Rod as others have already attested; No issues with the shuttle. I've used it probably 8-10 times. Never a problem with anyone or anything.
It's a little bit of a walk from the other side of the fairgrounds, but not too bad. The line for the shuttle can be a little long for the return trip if you dilly-dally after the game.

He's asked me about free parking. I told him I really didn't know of any. Any of y'all know some free parking areas where you don't have to walk 2 miles? Thanks.
I used to park along the shoulder of Key Road. Did if for years. The powers that be finally stopped that $(h!tt.

We go up bluff from 77 it starts free then five then ten then twenty bucks the closer you get.. It is real easy getting back to the interstate after the game

He'll have a 6 year old with him. Does that involve walking up the highway?

Rod as others have already attested; No issues with the shuttle. I've used it probably 8-10 times. Never a problem with anyone or anything.
It's a little bit of a walk from the other side of the fairgrounds, but not too bad. The line for the shuttle can be a little long for the return trip if you dilly-dally after the game.

Where is the return trip pick up? I might advise him to do this.

He'll have a 6 year old with him. Does that involve walking up the highway?

Where is the return trip pick up? I might advise him to do this.

Drop off before the game and pickup for the return trip are on Rosewood, out the main gate and down toward Assembly a little.

Drop off before the game and pickup for the return trip are on Rosewood, out the main gate and down toward Assembly a little.

Are they running throughout the game in case he or his wife needs to take the 6 year old out early?

Are they running throughout the game in case he or his wife needs to take the 6 year old out early?

Of that I'm not sure.

Okay, I looked it up;

The Football Game Shuttle will drop you off near Williams-Brice on Rosewood, east of the Main Gate at the Fairgrounds after picking you up from one of two convenient locations.

Pick-up Locations

• Colonial Life Arena / Coliseum Lot B - 600 block of Lincoln St.
  • The Russell House - 1400 Greene St.
Football Gameday Shuttle Dropoff [pdf]

After the GameMeet the shuttle again at the Rosewood drop-off point to be picked up after the game. The shuttle will take you back to the place where it picked you up.

ADA Pick-Up and Drop-Off
(available for football only)

Vans run approximately every 20 minutes from one of the following pick-up locations:

• Colonial Life Arena / Coliseum Lot B - 600 block of Lincoln St.
  • Fairgrounds Gate 7 (Rows 8, 9, 10)
ADA Shuttle Map [pdf]

An ADA-compliant van will take you to Fairgrounds Gate 10 or 9, depending on traffic. From there you can get on a tram that will take you to the stadium.

If you need to leave early:
Meet trams at the northwest corner, northeast corner and south end of the stadium. Vans and buses will also be available to get you back to your vehicle.

After the Game
Trams will start drop off service about half an hour after the game, when the traffic around the stadium slows down.

The tram will take you back to Gate 10 or Gate 7 (rows 8, 9, 10). If you're going to the Colonial Life Arena / Coliseum Lot B, you can board an ADA compliant van at Gate 10 to take you there.[\quote]

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT