ADVERTISEMENT

A lot and i mean a lot of bigtime recruits visiting Saturday.

Coach mentioned all the five star players uga had several times in the post game interview. Stars matter or he wouldn’t have kept saying it. Hope we can lock some big time talent down

Should we bring 50’s or 100’s?

everyone-angry.gif

If you have not done so, read The Verdict column by Chris Paschal on the front page of FGF, regarding this week's game importance to the future of Carolina football.

Reactions: jonesz21
Any 5 star O-Linemen?
Probably not, since there are only 5 Rivals Five * OL in the country. 4 are OT’s, 1 is a G.

Probably the best shot connection wise with a 5* is an OT from Virginia, IIRC he plays at a Christian Academy in Lynchburg, Beamer likely has done contacts there.

Probably not, since there are only 5 Rivals Five * OL in the country. 4 are OT’s, 1 is a G.

Probably the best shot connection wise with a 5* is an OT from Virginia, IIRC he plays at a Christian Academy in Lynchburg, Beamer likely has done contacts there.
Why do you think that is? That there are few really good lineman in high school or are they under valued by the ranking services? Is everything today about bright shiny objects?

Reactions: caughtlookin
Why do you think that is? That there are few really good lineman in high school or are they under valued by the ranking services? Is everything today about bright shiny objects?
I think OL are harder to evaluate. Lots of guys need to mature and gain weight, lots of guys are overweight and slow.

I think OL are harder to evaluate. Lots of guys need to mature and gain weight, lots of guys are overweight and slow.
But only 5 out of how many lineman playing high school in America, just from a statistical standpoint, is so far beyond astonishing. At least to me but I've proven to know crap about lineman other than I did my reps in the weight room and got the hell out. Those guys seemed to live there.

But only 5 out of how many lineman playing high school in America, just from a statistical standpoint, is so far beyond astonishing. At least to me but I've proven to know crap about lineman other than I did my reps in the weight room and got the hell out. Those guys seemed to live there.
Yep. Four OT's, one G. No Centers.

Four out of the five are uncommitted, the only committed guy is an OT from Texas, committed to Oregon.

Three out of the five are from the state of Texas, one from Florida, one from Virginia.

Biggest issue, as a former OL coach, is these guys aren’t “sexy” to evaluate. It’s fun to go to 7 on 7 camp and watch guys throw and catch and defend the pass. There are very few of us who enjoy watching big men and the dance it takes for them to do their job. On top of that, film at the Hs level a lot of time does OL, No justice. Very few teams do an end zone shot, and that’s what you truly need in order to see steps and placement, etc.

Since Dane Key is one of the visitors on Saturday...

Bad...Being Scott County's Football Team and taking an ass-beating from Lexington's Frederick Douglass HS 35 - 0. And, FD 4-Star recruit Dane Key does this to you;;;

Worse...And, just to keep you from getting home and relaxing...

Since Dane Key is one of the visitors on Saturday...

Bad...Being Scott County's Football Team and taking an ass-beating from Lexington's Frederick Douglass HS 35 - 0. And, FD 4-Star recruit Dane Key does this to you;;;

Worse...And, just to keep you from getting home and relaxing...

Dane Key is IMO the top uncommitted prospect in KY. It would be a recruiting coup if Beamer could recruit him away from UK.

If they enforce the mask mandate, it will be another stain on our university. If you`ve watched any college football this year, people wear a mask if they want to and everyone else seems to be having a good time without people harassing either side. I still haven`t gotten over seeing event staff tackle our fans, for the world to see, after one of the biggest wins in our football history vs. Bama in 2010. Should have been a sea of garnet and black to see instead of putting a damper on the win. Have we beaten a #1 team since? Don`t think so. Never heard who was responsible for that horrible decision. Hopefully fans who don`t want to wear a mask - count me one of them - will not be harassed/ticketed thanks to our Mayor and others. That`s not the way to have a good experience at a football game. If you are that worried, why don`t you protest Joe and Kamala letting Covid + people pouring in through the border and being sent all over the country with no vaccines or treatment required for those people.
Jesus, we freaking get it. Damn dude. Can you discuss sports or are you truly consumed by freaking politics? Got dang almighty...Id like to wrap 30 masks around your head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT