ADVERTISEMENT

A Marshawn Lloyd story...

Memphis Cock

Oct 6, 2001
Yesterday was my wife’s birthday. The family took her to dinner to celebrate. On the way there, my son, who is a rising sophomore in HS, said, “Dad, you know that running back that committed to South Carolina today?”

I said, “Yeah, Marshawn Lloyd.”

My son says,”I was looking at his (Lloyd’s) Instagram account and noticed that his profile had his picture of him wearing a Clemson uniform from his photo shoot during his visit there... so I sent him a message telling him he needed to change it to a South Carolina uniform. He liked my post then changed his profile pic to the South Carolina uniform.”

I don’t do Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or any social media, but I thought it was pretty cool that my son could make contact so easily with a player that Gamecock Nation was so fired up about.

Yesterday was my wife’s birthday. The family took her to dinner to celebrate. On the way there, my son, who is a rising sophomore in HS, said, “Dad, you know that running back that committed to South Carolina today?”

I said, “Yeah, Marshawn Lloyd.”

My son says,”I was looking at his (Lloyd’s) Instagram account and noticed that his profile had his picture of him wearing a Clemson uniform from his photo shoot during his visit there... so I sent him a message telling him he needed to change it to a South Carolina uniform. He liked my post then changed his profile pic to the South Carolina uniform.”

I don’t do Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or any social media, but I thought it was pretty cool that my son could make contact so easily with a player that Gamecock Nation was so fired up about.
That's hilarious, I noticed the same thing when I looked him up on Instagram haha I also left a comment telling him he needs to change it before people really get on him about it

When's the last time we got a commit from a 5* who had a picture of himself on the internet in a Clemson uni and who was actively recruited by the Taters? At any rate, he looks much better in his Carolina uni.:)
From what I've been hearing, UGA thought he was theirs to lose (which they did well). So the tater pic was no biggie.

I don't know, maybe he should leave the pic of him in climpson garb. It would be the "gift" that keeps on giving and a major pain in that orange azz.

I don't think it will take the young man too long to figure out just how special and important this rivalry is to us. Hopefully, he can help make it competitive again and get us a few Ws in his career.

You've taught your son well OP! That's really cool.

"Hopefully"....

When's the last time we got a commit from a 5* who had a picture of himself on the internet in a Clemson uni and who was actively recruited by the Taters? At any rate, he looks much better in his Carolina uni.:)

We were no longer recruiting him, being full at RB. If we do take another, it will be Ngata’s brother as primarily a slot receiver.

I think it’s a bigger deal that you beat out PSU, for literally a dozen reasons.

Actually, he was no longer interested in the taters.
Yeah, none of his "crystal ball predictions" had him going to the taters. Of course none had him coming here either. Most had him going to UGA. But he had an offer from clemson. If they stopped recruiting the #24 player in the country, a 5* RB, I doubt it was because they weren't interested in him. Funny how we get a guy they couldn't and it's always because they never REALLY wanted him.

I try to not think of Clemson so much anymore per my therapist recommendation, Im just glad to have a big time back in Lloyd

tenor.gif

Last edited:
We were no longer recruiting him, being full at RB. If we do take another, it will be Ngata’s brother as primarily a slot receiver.

I think it’s a bigger deal that you beat out PSU, for literally a dozen reasons.
Much like this washing machine, your much expected response is stuck on the 'spin cycle'.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't think it will take the young man too long to figure out just how special and important this rivalry is to us. Hopefully, he can help make it competitive again and get us a few Ws in his career.

You've taught your son well OP! That's really cool.

We were MORE THAN competitive on the offensive side of the ball. Rolled up 600+ yards of offense and 35 points. Trouble was, by the middle of the third quarter, USC had SIX true freshman playing on defense. Against CU's offense, that's a recipe for disaster, and it WAS.

Those six freshmen will be part of the core of our defense this season, with experience and another full year in the weight room.

#'s 24, 7, 90, 55,10 and others gained much experience 'under fire' late last year. We should reap some benefits from those very same guys.

Yeah, none of his "crystal ball predictions" had him going to the taters. Of course none had him coming here either. Most had him going to UGA. But he had an offer from clemson. If they stopped recruiting the #24 player in the country, a 5* RB, I doubt it was because they weren't interested in him. Funny how we get a guy they couldn't and it's always because they never REALLY wanted him.

We have about four spots left, with two RBs already committed. Still need spots for two WRs, a TE and Tyler Venables. Math.

We were MORE THAN competitive on the offensive side of the ball. Rolled up 600+ yards of offense and 35 points. Trouble was, by the middle of the third quarter, USC had SIX true freshman playing on defense. Against CU's offense, that's a recipe for disaster, and it WAS.

Those six freshmen will be part of the core of our defense this season, with experience and another full year in the weight room.

#'s 24, 7, 90, 55,10 and others gained much experience 'under fire' late last year. We should reap some benefits from those very same guys.

That’s an illusion. A vastly superior team rested some during a game against FCS level competition. If they made half the effort they made against Pitt, you wouldn’t have crossed midfield.

That’s an illusion. A vastly superior team rested some during a game against FCS level competition. If they made half the effort they made against Pitt, you wouldn’t have crossed midfield.
So your saying your team wasn't focused and because of that gave up over 600 yards of offense?

You Taters had a very good team last year, but that post is absolutely ridiculous. We had no answer on defense and some of that was due to injuries, but the Gamecocks carved up your defense at will on that night. We were shoving it down y'all's throats again when the clock ran out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titleist*
So your saying your team wasn't focused and because of that gave up over 600 yards of offense?

You Taters had a very good team last year, but that post is absolutely ridiculous. We had no answer on defense and some of that was due to injuries, but the Gamecocks carved up your defense at will on that night. We were shoving it down y'all's throats again when the clock ran out.

Yeah, that’s what anyone knowledgeable about football, as long as they are older than 8, will tell you.

It might portend a really rough November Saturday for you this year. What’s the current record score?

If “resting” was the focus why not just play backups only? Did your staff coach that stellar defense to go half speed? Is that what all those open receivers were the product of? Rest? That’s impressive!
Was the offense resting too? Seemed as if they were full speed ahead scoring that last TD.
But I know “the best team EVER “ could’ve laid 100 on the Gamecocks right?
We appreciate you taking it easy on us.

Last edited:
We have about four spots left, with two RBs already committed. Still need spots for two WRs, a TE and Tyler Venables. Math.
#28 player in the country. We have 8 and 1 committed. You have 3 and 2 committed. 5*. Has an offer from everybody who's anybody, including clemson. Math. But I guess y'all told him to take a hike. As I said, clemson offered, USC got a commitment. clemson didn't want him despite their offer.

Last edited:
#28 player in the country. We have 8 and 1 committed. You have 3 and 2 committed. 5*. Has an offer from everybody who's anybody, including clemson. Math. But I guess y'all told him to take a hike. As I said, clemson offered, USC got a commitment. clemson didn't want him despite their offer.

No clue what you are trying to say. He didn’t have a committable offer with Clemson anymore.

If “resting” was the focus why not just play backups only? Did your staff coach that stellar defense to go half speed? Is that what all those open receivers were the product of? Rest? That’s impressive!
Was the offense resting too? Seemed as if they were full speed ahead scoring that last TD.
But I know “the best team EVER “ could’ve laid 100 on the Gamecocks right?
We appreciate you taking it easy on us.

It was either resting or purposely blowing some coverages to bait Alabama for the final game. If you think USC could have competed, in any way, shape or form with a 2018 Clemson team at 80% effort, you are deluded.

No clue what you are trying to say. He didn’t have a committable offer with Clemson anymore.
Just because he held out until they couldn't take him, numbers-wise doesn't mean they didn't want him. They offered him, had him in for an official, so they did want him. Does that afford you a clue?

Just because he held out until they couldn't take him, numbers-wise doesn't mean they didn't want him. They offered him, had him in for an official, so they did want him. Does that afford you a clue?

Clemson doesn’t host official visits until the Fall. He came for a junior day and got an offer there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT