ADVERTISEMENT

A thought question for you...

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
At the end of the game yesterday, would Spurrier have had 3 time outs left?

Would Spurrier have taken the time outs when he needed to?

I can see the end in my head. It would have been a lot of scrambling around and even as precious seconds were ticking off...the qb would be looking over for what to do...and ending with sack while scrambling to his right because the only thing we could imagine was a hail mary.

And no....those time outs would have been used to save delay of game penalties or to come up with a screen facing 3 and 17 way before we got to the end.

You're right. He probably would have wasted his TOs earlier in the game. On the other hand he'd probably have about 30 points on the board against LA Tech and a comfortable lead at that point.

Reactions: DC-99
You're right. He probably would have wasted his TOs earlier in the game. On the other hand he'd probably have about 30 points on the board against LA Tech and a comfortable lead at that point.

Of coarse he would have because that is usually how that worked.

I sa

I said the very same thing when Boom called the 2nd TO yesterday. How many games did we let the clock tick down with 2 or more TO? Seems like a lot.

Maybe you could look at the 2014 S.C. vs. Florida game to see how Muschamp and Spurrier handle the final minutes of a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT