ADVERTISEMENT

A win in game #1 is critical

Clap+0.0.0.gif

This is a tough game but losing it only means you don't go undefeated, it's not the whole season. They are strong up front on defense and a good football team it will come down to our OL and conditioning with the heat. I don't panic after a first game loss, half the teams that play that weekend will lose. It will tell us more if we win because we beat a good team early but if we lose all is not lost. But for the record we ain't losing.

While I do not want to lose the opener:
1. It's not a conference game
2. It's not clemson

Losing your opener is not fun but technically all of our goals will still be on the table win or lose after game 1.

I love my team but we are not going undefeated this season.

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
While I do not want to lose the opener:
1. It's not a conference game
2. It's not clemson

Losing your opener is not fun but technically all of our goals will still be on the table win or lose after game 1.

I love my team but we are not going undefeated this season.

Honestly I would be ecstatic if we just finished the season ranked. It's felt like a lifetime since we were in the top 25. I miss having that number next to South Carolina on the graphic.

Yeah. A few yrs back everyone said the team that won the opener between us and UNC would have a good season and the loser would have a bad year. We won and stunk up the season. UNC won out the reg season.

1st game means nothing

With our schedule id say its a must win. If you hold illusions of losing to NC st but still somehow winning the SEC youll get some snickers

How does NC St affect our SEC record?

With our schedule id say its a must win. If you hold illusions of losing to NC st but still somehow winning the SEC youll get some snickers
You don't think we could lose to state and still win the east? I don't think anyone is counting on winning the sec but winning the east isn't out of the question. It's a long shot for sure but there hasn't been a dominant/good team in the east in a while. Florida has won it with no offense and a good defense the last two years. No reason we can't do it with a good offense and no defense.

. . . the last thing we need is a loss in the opener before travelling to Mizz-ery . . . the thought of starting off 0-2 makes me sick to my stomach.
Regards,
Captain Obvious

Not worried...it's NC State. The ASheShe is only Clemmy and the Noles. I know we're scratching and clawing our way back up the East but even the 2nd or 3rd best team in our division is better than anything their pathetic conference has to offer. We'll role the pack with Bentley and our offensive firepower.

If you hold illusions of this team winning the SEC you better get used to a few snickers. We're closing the gap but this isn't the year. We need a major overhaul on defense. They were horrible last year by seasons end

Closing the gap? On who?

QUOTE="Gamecockben1979, post: 3409594, member: 104977"]If you hold illusions of this team winning the SEC you better get used to a few snickers. We're closing the gap but this isn't the year. We need a major overhaul on defense. They were horrible last year by seasons end[/QUOTE]

Yeah. A few yrs back everyone said the team that won the opener between us and UNC would have a good season and the loser would have a bad year. We won and stunk up the season. UNC won out the reg season.

1st game means nothing

The voice of reason. If we beat NC State and lose to Louisiana Tech that win vs State won't matter much.

Likewise if we lost to Nc State but won at Florida, a game most people don't think we would win, we would probably be on pace to have a similar season that most project, just winning and losing different games.

Each game is it's own baby. The Nc game from 2 years ago proved that.

@NooNoo

We are not projected to be the doormat this year that we were going into last season. There is a lot to be optimistic about on offense. The defense will improve if for no other reason we will have Moore back.

I question if you pull for USC if you cannot see that a 3-9 team improves to 6-7, brings back a lot of experience and you do not think we are not closing the gap.

How about Tennessee. Looked like we closed the gap pretty good on them last season.

We aren't going to win the east but a 2nd or 3rd place finish in the east is likely, barring an injury to Bentley or Dowdle[/QUOTE]

Not worried...it's NC State. The ASheShe is only Clemmy and the Noles. I know we're scratching and clawing our way back up the East but even the 2nd or 3rd best team in our division is better than anything their pathetic conference has to offer. We'll role the pack with Bentley and our offensive firepower.

Umm, No.

I still see post not giving the ACC much credit. It's time to put that to rest. It's turning into a heck of a conference and many saying the best football conference in America presently. State has a mid to top tier team in that Conference this year and that would be a heck of win to jumpstart the season.

Reactions: griffgolf
I want to be optimistic with you. We better finish strongly with a top 10-15 class. Tennessee (cheating or not) is eating our lunch on the recruiting trail. Haven't mentioned our other neighbors. We need to get hot asap for me to change that perception. I'll admit the last three games have colored my perception of everything.

@NooNoo

We are not projected to be the doormat this year that we were going into last season. There is a lot to be optimistic about on offense. The defense will improve if for no other reason we will have Moore back.

I question if you pull for USC if you cannot see that a 3-9 team improves to 6-7, brings back a lot of experience and you do not think we are not closing the gap.

How about Tennessee. Looked like we closed the gap pretty good on them last season.

We aren't going to win the east but a 2nd or 3rd place finish in the east is likely, barring an injury to Bentley or Dowdle
[/QUOTE]

NC State is a strong football team and if you don't believe it you don't know much. I say we ARE closing the recruiting gap while others don't so but we did knock Tenn. out of the East title last year with a team that lost to the Citadel the year before. We have to give Muschamp and his guys time to come back from the depths of darkness. You have to have good recruits sure,but the games are played on the field not in recruiting rankings. +

Reactions: Baltcock96
I want to be optimistic with you. We better finish strongly with a top 10-15 class. Tennessee (cheating or not) is eating our lunch on the recruiting trail. Haven't mentioned our other neighbors. We need to get hot asap for me to change that perception. I'll admit the last three games have colored my perception of everything.
[/QUOTE]

The good news is even in our worst years Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky are not going to be far away from us. Tennessee is not the team they once were. They've spent the last decade being mediocre. Georgia always has more talent but no coaching. We have a long way to go to catch Florida. They aren't unbeatable but they are deeper than us across the board.

The good news is even in our worst years Missouri, Vandy and Kentucky are not going to be far away from us. Tennessee is not the team they once were. They've spent the last decade being mediocre. Georgia usually has more talent but no coaching. We have a long way to go to catch Florida. They aren't unbeatable but they are deeper than us across the board.[/QUOTE]

Ugh what? Loon

QUOTE="TimmyCock, post: 3409811, member: 105747"]You clearly missed the UNCheat game when we beat their coastal champ. We would have been the second best team in that conference.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: rogue cock

1st game means nothing
While I agree with your post, there is value in winning your opening game. If nothing else for moral & confidence purposes, especially with us having such a young team again.

Reactions: funktavious
There are no must wins. There are some should wins but NC State is probably not one of these. They have a good football team and they along with most pundits think they will beat us. I am a degree holder from both schools but am a Gamecock first and foremost. We will need to have a very good game to beat them. Continuing to dismiss the ACC as ladies in football uniforms and milquetoast is an indication of someone who has not been paying attention. ACC vs SEC was 10 to 4 last year if my memory is correct. What planet with internet services do some here live on?

Its a comparison of
Nvm....

Some of you guys just arent worth the effort

I think last years Oklahoma team would disagree with you
NVM
Rude jackholes should just be put on ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT