ADVERTISEMENT

A win in game #1 is critical

Duly noted, but my point is we will be better this time and we are still underdog to them. When we beat them we will have beaten a good football team that's why we are the underdog. We can't put NC State at the same level as Wake Forest (no offense Wake) and believe this game is not a real test. State should have beaten Clemson last year at Clemson and that same Clemson team mocked us.

I don't feel very good about the opener. Their strength is their defensive line. We haven't blocked anyone since 2014. That's a bad matchup considering the offense is supposed to carry the defense early on.

Duly noted, but my point is we will be better this time and we are still underdog to them. When we beat them we will have beaten a good football team that's why we are the underdog. We can't put NC State at the same level as Wake Forest (no offense Wake) and believe this game is not a real test. State should have beaten Clemson last year at Clemson and that same Clemson team mocked us.
N.C. State is a second-tier ACC team, behind the real big dogs in that conference. Losing to them would be grievous.

N.C. State is a second-tier ACC team, behind the real big dogs in that conference. Losing to them would be grievous.
In all honesty King we ain't at the stage to call anyone else second-tier yet. Let's don't go getting on our high horse against any team.They finished last year with a 41-17 win over Vandy whom we barely beat and Vandy beat Jawga at Sanford. I know one of the guys on the strength and conditioning staff there and they will be ready. We will win the game I believe but it ain't going to be easy.

Last edited:
In case you haven't noticed second tier ACC is every bit as good as second tier SEC these days.

In case you haven't noticed second tier ACC is every bit as good as second tier SEC these days.
I have noticed. But I've also noticed that we engage in the facilities wars more than they do. That should mean something in the personnel wars. We should beat them like a drum.

I have noticed. But I've also noticed that we engage in the facilities wars more than they do. That should mean something in the personnel wars. We should beat them like a drum.
Methinks you will be disappointed if you expect to "beat them like a drum". Not happening.

Pretty sure they were within 1 missed field goal of beating the national champions last year.

I hope the Gamecock football team is not relying on analysis of NC State's team by some over confidenced garnet glassed forum members to give them a win. If they are, we are in for a bad day in the queen city.

Not worried...it's NC State. The ASheShe is only Clemmy and the Noles. I know we're scratching and clawing our way back up the East but even the 2nd or 3rd best team in our division is better than anything their pathetic conference has to offer. We'll role the pack with Bentley and our offensive firepower.

What's your handle over on taternet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT