ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Judge will remain with the New York Yankees

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
$360 MM for nine years.

Now, aren't you glad that you read all those books, studied real hard and owe about $50 to $100 grand in student loans, while earning less than a 100 G's/yr, instead of picking up a golf club or, baseball or, round ball (It Is NOT called HOOPS) and practiced 3 or 4 days a week?

A new Cliff Notes book is coming out .... Education for Dummies.

Last edited:
Assuming 150 games/year and 3 hours/game, that's making $89,000/Hour.

Yeah, yeah, practices, meetings, travel....

Many years ago, I read an article (NOT written by any Carolina Fan/Supporter) about Mike Dunleavy, who, that season, was The Lowest Paid Player in the NBA. He was paid the NBA minimum $30,000/yr. That was the reason/purpose of the article. And, If I remember correctly, he was the only player being paid at league minimum. However, with per diem food allowances, travel related expenses, NBA required travel pocket cash, etc., he reported, for taxes, over $150K in NBA income.

"Son, what the hell is the matter with you? You want to study & graduate from college and then have to work hard, the rest of your life? Put down that god darn book and get the hell outside and pick up a golf club or baseball or learn how to kick a football. Damn Kids, they don't listen, can't tell them anything!"

Charlie Morton made over $10,000 a pitch for the Braves last year. Many more were paid more. Degrom probably made $25000 a pitch (even if it was high and outside or to the backstop) since he was injured for so long.

Assuming 150 games/year and 3 hours/game, that's making $89,000/Hour.

Yeah, yeah, practices, meetings, travel....
Yes, playing in Yankee Stadium $32,930 of that hour will go as income taxes to the federal govt (IRS), $3,450 will go to NY city in city income taxes, $9,701 will go to NY state in income taxes, and $1,291 will go to Medicare in payroll taxes. Leaving for Judge $41,628 of that $89,000.

Many years ago, I read an article (NOT written by any Carolina Fan/Supporter) about Mike Dunleavy, who, that season, was The Lowest Paid Player in the NBA. He was paid the NBA minimum $30,000/yr. That was the reason/purpose of the article. And, If I remember correctly, he was the only player being paid at league minimum. However, with per diem food allowances, travel related expenses, NBA required travel pocket cash, etc., he reported, for taxes, over $150K in NBA income.

"Son, what the hell is the matter with you? You want to study & graduate from college and then have to work hard, the rest of your life? Put down that god darn book and get the hell outside and pick up a golf club or baseball or learn how to kick a football. Damn Kids, they don't listen, can't tell them anything!"
What you are not putting into the equation is that 99% of the population have athletic gifts that would not put them in a position for those large payouts no matter how much they practice. Most American males have athletic dreams of some sort. It's just limited by what gifts you may or may have not received. I probably worked on my game that 3 or four hours you are talking about. However, I did not have the ball handling skills to play beyond high school and didn't have the height (6'0") to play any other position besides point guard at even the college level. So, high school was my limit as far as basketball was concerned.

Yes, playing in Yankee Stadium $32,930 of that hour will go as income taxes to the federal govt (IRS), $3,450 will go to NY city in city income taxes, $9,701 will go to NY state in income taxes, and $1,291 will go to Medicare in payroll taxes. Leaving for Judge $41,628 of that $89,000.
All that will be is his pocket change. The endorsements is where the easy money is made.

Boy! Ya know, You are right. Never thought of it, that way before. I'm sure glad I'm not making that kind of money.

What you are not putting into the equation is that 99% of the population have athletic gifts that would not put them in a position for those large payouts no matter how much they practice. Most American males have athletic dreams of some sort. It's just limited by what gifts you may or may have not received. I probably worked on my game that 3 or four hours you are talking about. However, I did not have the ball handling skills to play beyond high school and didn't have the height (6'0") to play any other position besides point guard at even the college level. So, high school was my limit as far as basketball was concerned.
Oh!, I agree with you 100%. It was just my way of mocking the past and how education was emphasized over sports, at all costs and how now, it appears to have been totally reversed. My personal demon is, When is enough, enough?

The numbers are beyond comprehension but, I sure would like to know how it feels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT