ADVERTISEMENT

ACC will play an 11-game Schedule and Notre Dame Will be Fully Included

If we go with the 10 conf games plus 1 . I say we play Coastal Carolina at home. Instead of clemson on the road. We will end up with 5 home games and 6 road games if not.

If we go with the 10 conf games plus 1 . I say we play Coastal Carolina at home. Instead of clemson on the road. We will end up with 5 home games and 6 road games if not.
I'd be shocked if didn't play UPC. I'd be less shocked if they were the ones that demurred.

How big of deal is home field advantage with no crowd present?

If both conferences allow one OOC game, then obviously it will be 118th edition of Carolina v. Clemson, the 112th year in a row without interruption.

Notre Dame getting this type of a deal while not even a full time member of ACC Football, brings up the old saying. 'They're getting to eat their cake, and icing too'!!
Not entirely true. They forfeit all there money from their NBC contract to the acc to be divided amongst the teams.

Reactions: jeff2001
Notre Dame getting this type of a deal while not even a full time member of ACC Football, brings up the old saying. 'They're getting to eat their cake, and icing too'!!
I wonder if they will get the same slice of the ACC pie as the rest get? If they do then they are getting a steal of a deal

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
How big of deal is home field advantage with no crowd present?

If both conferences allow one OOC game, then obviously it will be 118th edition of Carolina v. Clemson, the 112th year in a row without interruption.
If there is a little break in convid-19 cases. The stadium will be full.

I wonder if they will get the same slice of the ACC pie as the rest get? If they do then they are getting a steal of a deal
You will have to explain that one to me. They already get 7 million I think it is for all the other sports that are already a member of the ACC. They add 15 million to the pot and get what everyone else gets. With football being in the acc they are full members in theory. I think the deal is equal for both parties. If they went to the NC and won, all that money would go to the acc and be split between the teams. That’s no different than any other member. This just proves in 2025 or sooner they will join the ACC

Not entirely true. They forfeit all there money from their NBC contract to the acc to be divided amongst the teams.

Well, wait till next year! Lol

The acc finally had ND by the kahunas with this season, and folded like a bad poker player. They likely resume the five acc games season and go back to their $10 million a year NBC contract. I believe that's what they contracted for? Perhaps more!

Actually, the ACC allowing them to remain independent in football when joining the league, was the Irish getting to eat the cake and icing.

IMO, the ACC should not have acquiesced to ND wanting to remain a football independent. The "compromise" was that the Irish play 5 ACC schools on the gridiron annually; and it's considered a non-conference game for the non-ND school. The ACC should have insisted without compromise that if ND joined the ACC, they will compete as a conference member in all sports for which the ACC conducts championships.

As a Big East member, Miami remained independent in baseball (and the BE did sponsor baseball). Now I have no idea whether or not Miami sought to remain independent in baseball when joining the ACC. Still......

Serious Question. Does ND have to forfeit the monies from NBC ?. I'm assuming NBC will still have broadcast rights to the ND home games this year.

They get some scheduling help by doing what they do. But they look foolish. They are holding out hope that Notre Dame will come on over. Why should they?
If I was part of the administration at ND, I would hold out as long as possible. At this point of time, ND does not have to share revenue from football, they are still considered a marquee matchup, and are in a position of deciding who they want to schedule.

If I was part of the administration at ND, I would hold out as long as possible. At this point of time, ND does not have to share revenue from football, they are still considered a marquee matchup, and are in a position of deciding who they want to schedule.
The only way it would ever change would be if people wouldn't play them, an unlikely scenario.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
If the season comes off. https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-sets-fall-football-plans-includes-notre-dame
10 conference games, one non-conference game, championship game in Charlotte for which Notre Dame will be eligible and in which the two teams with highest winning percentages will play. No divisions.

What do you bet, if this season goes well for both Notre Dame and the ACC, you'll see the ACC make a sweet-heart deal to have Notre Dame play football in the ACC permanently....

That make the other schools in the ACC leave the league because of the sweet-heart deal....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT