ADVERTISEMENT

According to Boyd's World

What about a win either tonight or tomorrow, i.e., taking 2 of 3 from LSU?
i think its fairly sure to say that a series win vs lsu gets us in. pretty hot finish, 14-16 sec record and hopefully an 8th-ish place finish, rpi in the 40's with a .500 record vs top 50 teams.

a series loss with a couple of tourney wins might be an alternative but hoover history suggest thats the last thing we want to county on.

we need to squeeze a win out this weekend or our hopes are pretty dismal.

i think its fairly sure to say that a series win vs lsu gets us in. pretty hot finish, 14-16 sec record and hopefully an 8th-ish place finish, rpi in the 40's with a .500 record vs top 50 teams.

a series loss with a couple of tourney wins might be an alternative but hoover history suggest thats the last thing we want to county on.

we need to squeeze a win out this weekend or our hopes are pretty dismal.[/QU

Let's face it, we have never played well in Hoover because we never had to! Almost like let's finish this one so we can prepare for the real tourney.I believe we will play much better in Hoover this year.......it really counts this season.

Let's face it, we have never played well in Hoover because we never had to! (Almost like let's get this one over so we can prepare for the tourney that really matters.) I believe our showing in Hoover will be the best one in a long, long time.........because THIS one DOES count!!!

Reactions: RayGilda
Let's face it, we have never played well in Hoover because we never had to! (Almost like let's get this one over so we can prepare for the tourney that really matters.) I believe our showing in Hoover will be the best one in a long, long time.........because THIS one DOES count!!!
i like the optimism but i feel like hoover has sealed our fate of not getting a national seed more than once. it wasnt a life or death situation like this year might be, but to say we haven't played well because we weren't playing for anything isn't quite true.

i dont have anything of merit to back it up, but we've predominantly been a power homerun hitting team which hoover doesn't bode well for. if i had to blame our lack of success on anything, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Team seems to be putting it together at the right time. Pretty impressive IMO when you look at all the youth on our pitching staff and no dominant closer we can count on. We have started hitting the ball up and down the line up. Who knows why? Baseball is a funny game...but there is no doubt that this team is playing better against some of the best teams in the country right now. It's all about being "hot" at the right time in sports...but especially in baseball. Got to like our chances to get into the NCAA's if we one of the the next two. Hoover probably only matters if we lose both of the next two games...but one win there probably will get us in I would think.

Demetra was saying this morning that last night's win gives us a GUARANTEED win inning record vs teams that were at one time ranked #1 this season- LSU, Vandy and TAMU- the worst record we could wind up with against the. At this point is 5-4... Which is a pretty impressive number and gives us a nice feather in our cap... Nothing is guaranteed, but last night's win might be enough toget us in on it's own! They still need to play like their asses are on fire though... Don't want to rest on a "maybe"!!

Demetra was saying this morning that last night's win gives us a GUARANTEED win inning record vs teams that were at one time ranked #1 this season- LSU, Vandy and TAMU- the worst record we could wind up with against the. At this point is 5-4... Which is a pretty impressive number and gives us a nice feather in our cap... Nothing is guaranteed, but last night's win might be enough toget us in on it's own! They still need to play like their asses are on fire though... Don't want to rest on a "maybe"!!
hopefully it'll balance out those ugly series losses to clemson, tenn, georgia, and miss st, who aren't going to make it to the tourney.

I never thought I'd be happy to just to get in a regional but let's get in and let the chips fall where they may.

2 wins LSU and 2 wins in the SEC
That would get us in, no doubt, but if we win tonight... We are IN. Period, damn near everyone who analyzes this has said so- we are a bubble team already... One more W over the #1 team in the country WILL push us in, no matter what happens in Hoover.

If we don't win tonight, probably do need at least two wins in Hoover... So, I'd say it is more of an either or scenario than BOTH.

2nd win in Hoover would have to be beating Carson Fulmer of Vandy - not going to happen my friends. In fact we won't even make it to 2nd game of tourney. This team is toast!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT