ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Quote from Brent Johnson Today

PokerCock

Jan 6, 2016
"We shouldn't be talking about Chad not making the tourney 2/3 years. Instead we should be talking about Chad making the tourney 3/5 years."

Not sure what kind of arrangement Brent has with Chad and the University but the homerism was especially over the top today.

It was at that moment that I made the decision that I will never listen to these goons again. Heath and Will Gunter (sometimes) are the only tolerable people on 107.5 anymore. It is sad that we are in Columbia, SC and can't get do any better than this.

"We shouldn't be talking about Chad not making the tourney 2/3 years. Instead we should be talking about Chad making the tourney 3/5 years."

Not sure what kind of arrangement Brent has with Chad and the University but the homerism was especially over the top today.

It was at that moment that I made the decision that I will never listen to these goons again. Heath and Will Gunter (sometimes) are the only tolerable people on 107.5 anymore. It is sad that we are in Columbia, SC and can't get do any better than this.
Concur. Playing in the SEC all but guarantees a tourney birth. Just making Hoover on Top 9 in many years gets you in. Many teams don't have that going for them. And yes I believe we should be at that level 9 of 10 years. GO COCKS

Also said it wasn't like the team had played that bad, they were above .500. He forgot about conference, I guess.

What a joke he has become.

I guess as the station manager he wants to make sure he can still get coaches to come on the shows. That's the only reason I can think of for ludicrous statements like that.

Brent is the poorest prepared host they have. He needs to stick with being a rock DJ and get out of sports

That Pearson guy he has on with him is awful

Brent is the poorest prepared host they have. He needs to stick with being a rock DJ and get out of sports

That Pearson guy he has on with him is awful
He must live next door to Brent or something, because I can't figure out why he's on there.

Reactions: DC-99

This guy needs to understand this is not like MLB where you get and extension and more $$ for being a .300 hitter. Making it just 3/5 years is the very reason he is in trouble this ain't baseball Russian Roulette. So for the program to make it 50% of the time or less is acceptable? He should slap himself.

If someone turns off the radio, would anyone hear an idiot talking???

Reactions: yemacock
Heath always sounds like he is miserable when he has to talk USC baseball. I really think he does not like college baseball.

It gets old to hear how great things are all the time. When we know they are not. He admits he is a fan but sometimes you have to tell it like it is. The teams and coaches will not always live up to expectations and sometimes they will over achieve. But give it to us straight for goodness sakes.

I know nothing of Columbia radio and who has the contracts. But here in Atlanta you tune in to the station that doesn't have the games if you want honest analysis. The one with the contract is only going to allow so much. That's just the way it goes.

Man I'll tell ya it makes me wonder what in the world the conflict Chad had with Brian Buscher was over. He leaves and things plummet did Buscher see which direction the team was headed and Chad resented it? Did the team resent seeing him pushed out? I'd love to had been a fly on the locker room wall.

Man I'll tell ya it makes me wonder what in the world the conflict Chad had with Brian Buscher was over. He leaves and things plummet did Buscher see which direction the team was headed and Chad resented it? Did the team resent seeing him pushed out? I'd love to had been a fly on the locker room wall.
It has been reported that it was insubordination. Note: I said reported, not who reported it.

That would be awesome if I could deliver mediocrity at my job for 6/8 years and still get to keep it.

If he starts having as many listeners as fans in the stadium, maybe he would change his tune.

This.

Think he'd prefer to talk about pro sports. Just my opinion, of course.
He loves the NFL...which he spends way too much time on. This is not an NFL town. He also loves college basketball, which is fine for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT