ADVERTISEMENT

Adding to the worst ever thread: what is the dumbest play call you've ever seen Carolina make

Whether it cost us the game or not; I was not there for it but I would imagine that botched gadget play fat Brad called in '97 vs the taters with us up 14-6 has to be a strong candidate for #1.

Before I opened this thread that was the 1st play that came to mind

Opening the Auburn game with 2 straight time outs and still lost yards

I think I'm thinking about the 2010 game, but during the final drive to come back and tie it up we burned at least one time out AFTER we got a first down and stopped the clock, with the game ending with us having the ball still but running out of time.

Brad Scott vs Clemson. We had momentum but decided to throw across the field, a lateral while receiving the kickoff
It was some dumb shit and I think troy hambrick fumbled it and the Tigers went on to beat the crap out of us

In basketball, Dave Odom not pressing with less than 10 seconds on the clock and up by 1 or 2. Let them roll it out to half court with no time ticking off the clock. I remember at least 3 games with this scenario and it bit usc in the ass every time.

In baseball...CH presser before vandy series 2016. "Runs will be at a premium, we will have to scratch out whatever we can". Friday night game....usc leadoff batter doubles. No bunt called, stranded runner. 2nd inning, same scenario, leadoff batter doubles, no bunt, stranded. That is when I lost any trust in him as our coach.

Whether it cost us the game or not; I was not there for it but I would imagine that botched gadget play fat Brad called in '97 vs the taters with us up 14-6 has to be a strong candidate for #1.
When Spurrier was coach we would have 4th and 1 and bring in a wildcat QB and the whole world knew we were gonna run it and it very seldom ever worked. He did that a bunch of times.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Im going to one that bothered me as they did it when i was at Clemson in 2000 and still bothers me.

After the Gardner catch with 7 seconds left, Clemson spiked the ball and Hunt the freshman kicker was coming in, who was a little shakey in prior games, and Clemson was out of timeouts. Field had just flipped

We call a timeout because Holtz has a kick block idea and wants a certain package, his idea did not work, and they get a extra 30 seconds or whatever to calm down, get the correct unit on, get the kickers footing set, think through.

In that situation a time out only helped them and the kicker, you want them to rush on and run out of time get a penalty or rush a kick and screw up.

Stupid call for a TO when they were out of them in that situation.

Reactions: ken in sacramento
When Spurrier was coach we would have 4th and 1 and bring in a wildcat QB and the whole world knew we were gonna run it and it very seldom ever worked. He did that a bunch of times.
Or run it all the way down the field, get a first and goal, and start throwing it

Bringing in BMc to run wildcat on 3rd and 1 last year. We did it about 3 or 4 times before they got smart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT