ADVERTISEMENT

After KJ signs with us......

It’s not against the rules to hire his dad to an on field coaching position.

Don't know how good of a coach he is, but maybe he could be a valuable asset in recruiting in NC.

Ugh. This trend is getting stupid. I think it should at least be investigated when a school wants to hire the parent of a current prospect or player. This is ridiculous and is an easy way to skirt the rules for the biggest name recruits. "We'll pay your dad a half a million a year if you come here." Ludicrous.

Ugh. This trend is getting stupid. I think it should at least be investigated when a school wants to hire the parent of a current prospect or player. This is ridiculous and is an easy way to skirt the rules for the biggest name recruits. "We'll pay your dad a half a million a year if you come here." Ludicrous.
Investigated, nothing - it should flat-out be against the rules (and yes, I'm aware we have Bentley & Bentley). It's the perfect pay-for-play avenue.

Bentley?

Completely agree, we don't want to be that team. Let's say he, KJ, meets every expectation as a 5 star DE, is that an acceptable return for selling our programs respect? What kind of precedent would this set.

It reeks of desperation... guess what !?! We are desperate for playmakers on defense . Hire him and if he can’t coach then fire him in 4 years after KJ graduates . I’m more interested in wins than perception.

We aren't THAT desperate to allow an 18 year old dictate our hiring decisions.
To be honest I don't believe the kid would gamble with his career to land his dad a job. If he doesn't want to attend USC he's not gonna change his mind because his dad is hired here.
Every coach that's ever coached NCAA football had to get a chance from someone. This guy has a lot of high school experience and some NCAA experience so it's sounds like he's a viable candidate.
I say if he can recruit give him a shot. If he doesn't work out he'll get him a job on par to his current job and move on.

Reactions: rogue cock
NO
Just NO.
We are better than this.
Didn't both coaches Holtz and Spurrier have their sons on the payroll here? It happens a lot in the NFL too. Get over it. Like a fellow poster said he may have in roads in the NC market which is hot with D1 Prospects. Best case scenario he is a good coach; worst case he gets good experience for the next job.

ADVERTISEMENT