ADVERTISEMENT

After this weekend

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Are we going to hear the usual "remember Clemson put up 20 runs in a game against us in 2010 when we ended up winning it all"? If Chad starts a regular trend of losing season series to Clemson (along with not making Omaha), even the Holbrook supporters on this board have to admit there are fewer and fewer positives for him other than maybe recruiting.

No doubt this series is huge for him...Fans don't forgive many failures vs the taters, rightfully so...Chad has no excuses...He has at least 4 major league pitchers on his staff...They play good defense...Holbrook has to get them a better approach at the plate to score some runs...If Clensin throws heat, we'll beat their brains out...If they junk ball us, heaven help Gamecock Nation

No doubt this series is huge for him...Fans don't forgive many failures vs the taters, rightfully so...Chad has no excuses...He has at least 4 major league pitchers on his staff...They play good defense...Holbrook has to get them a better approach at the plate to score some runs...If Clensin throws heat, we'll beat their brains out...If they junk ball us, heaven help Gamecock Nation

The jury is still out on our defense, IMO. That has been a worry of mine since Fall scrimmages.

The jury is still out on our defense, IMO. That has been a worry of mine since Fall scrimmages.
you might be right on with that concern..But i don't fault the defense for hit batters and or wild pitches..I am more concerned with the young pitchers hurling our mid week games than our defense...

25-12 against the taters in the last 37. But, 2-4in the last 6. Got to re-establish the domination. But in reality winning the series or losing it. Doesnt Define the whole season for either team.

Are we going to hear the usual "remember Clemson put up 20 runs in a game against us in 2010 when we ended up winning it all"? If Chad starts a regular trend of losing season series to Clemson (along with not making Omaha), even the Holbrook supporters on this board have to admit there are fewer and fewer positives for him other than maybe recruiting.

And what will we hear from you if, gasp, we win or sweep? Will you cheer? Or Will you say the jury is still out? Will you question him because he hasn't been to Omaha? It sounds like you are setting the table so you can bash him 12 games into the season. We won't know what this team truly is til June. I will be upset if we lose the series because I feel we are all the better team, but I won't write off the season.

Lose the series to Clem & pack your bags Holbrook. 3 consecutive series losses will not be tolerated.

Plus never getting to Omaha in 4 years and if that happened again would be 5 years

Plus running off our back up QB vs giving him the occasional mop up and pinch hit duty, something besides one pinch running opportunity.

Plus allowing other schools in our state to win national championships with players your steller eye for talent said were not good enough for us.

Of course sweep Clemson or at least win 2 out of 3 and I will quiet down for a little while and go back to football posts only.

And what will we hear from you if, gasp, we win or sweep? Will you cheer? Or Will you say the jury is still out? Will you question him because he hasn't been to Omaha? It sounds like you are setting the table so you can bash him 12 games into the season. We won't know what this team truly is til June. I will be upset if we lose the series because I feel we are all the better team, but I won't write off the season.
Of course I'll celebrate if we win. I always do.

Plus never getting to Omaha in 4 years and if that happened again would be 5 years

Plus running off our back up QB vs giving him the occasional mop up and pinch hit duty, something besides one pinch running opportunity.

Plus allowing other schools in our state to win national championships with players your steller eye for talent said were not good enough for us.

Of course sweep Clemson or at least win 2 out of 3 and I will quiet down for a little while and go back to football posts only.
Holbrook did not run off our backup QB. Should he have played him ahead of others who are better just to make sure he didn't transfer? Geez, he has faults but running off backup qb is not one.

Reactions: Out of Conference

'If we lost every game the rest of the season, you would bash everyone on here for saying anything negative or criticizing our millionaire coaches.

Holbrook did not run off our backup QB. Should he have played him ahead of others who are better just to make sure he didn't transfer? Geez, he has faults but running off backup qb is not one.

raw

My thoughts are a little deeper then that, i disagree others were better long term, I think BMAC had more potential to become a star. I dont care that he slumped in spring practice, I still thought he deserved a bat or 2 during the first ten games for development purposes at a minimum even if starting was out of the question.

One pinch running appearance is ridiculous to me

I have argued why my opinion is Holbrook was wrong to play the others in front of him so much on another thread based on the baseball experts and talent evaluates who do that sort of thing for a living and Holbrooks performance to date as manager and the teams mediocre start to the season against soft competition at home.

But fair enough, I hope he is right we beat Clemson, and he finally takes us back home to Omaha in year 5 I really do.

Don't bother. Just because scouts thought he was great in HS means he is still great now. It doesn't matter he faced competition just as good, and in some cases better than he was in HS when he got to college, which exposed his weaknesses and flaws. He still should be playing ahead of guys who are clearly better than him.

Reactions: USC-1
Could you just make a post that says, "Go Gamecocks! Beat Clemson!"

raw

My thoughts are a little deeper then that, i disagree others were better long term, I think BMAC had more potential to become a star. I dont care that he slumped in spring practice, I still thought he deserved a bat or 2 during the first ten games for development purposes at a minimum even if starting was out of the question.

One pinch running appearance is ridiculous to me

I have argued why my opinion is Holbrook was wrong to play the others in front of him so much on another thread based on the baseball experts and talent evaluates who do that sort of thing for a living and Holbrooks performance to date as manager and the teams mediocre start to the season against soft competition at home.

But fair enough, I hope he is right we beat Clemson, and he finally takes us back home to Omaha in year 5 i really do,
I hope we win as well but I think Holbrook saw him in practice and in scrimmages and I have not seen anything that makes me think he didn't get fair shot. He played in scrimmages and struggled and that is what playing time is based on, not his projection or his potential.

He may be a star down the road but at this point he has shown nothing on the baseball field that says he should be getting more time. Maybe if we had blown out some opponents he could have gotten reps but with the close games we've played it just didn't work out.

Could you just make a post that says, "Go Gamecocks! Beat Clemson!"
I'll write very complimentary threads if we win. Chad does not give me confidence in the team or program. Sorry never has. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. And yes, I understand teams don't go to Omaha every year but I'd like to see it happen at some point on Holbrook's watch (assuming he's coach because he's Ray's boy)-not a decade after 2012.

I'll write very complimentary threads if we win. Chad does not give me confidence in the team or program. Sorry never has. If he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. And yes, I understand teams don't go to Omaha every year but I'd like to see it happen at some point on Holbrook's watch (assuming he's coach because he's Ray's boy)-not a decade after 2012.
I'm glad.

Important year for ole Chad, and least in the minds of the fans! Tanner ain't doing crap regardless! Recruiting has been to good to not be showing better results. Better get to Omaha this year or the seat should be getting hot.

I agree, if we don't show improvement this year then it might be time for a change. Five years is long enough for any coach in any sport. Just winning the series with Tillman Tech will be an improvement.

Reactions: Gradstudent

Please let us win 2 out of 3 just for this reason.

Good win. I was at a concert tonight and am just getting back. Let's win the series tomorrow.

That's the key...Win the series...Hopefully we get it done at Flour Field...But we have 2 chances...I want to win all 3 games

There is no way this team is going to Omaha

Reactions: SCGCock07
I just tried to call Dawn to get her to apply for the baseball job, but she is busy right now doing who knows what. :)

Last edited:
Lack of hitting in the clutch concerns me. Too many times we fail to come up with a hit with runners in scoring position or fail to execute and move runners over with no outs. Gotta do better in those clutch situations or this team won't go very far. Pitching can only take you so far and even that slips every once in awhile.

Chad needs more time-to find a new house in a new city in a new state.

The winner is gfluvsthecocks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT