ADVERTISEMENT

Ainsley Earhardt coming to the upstate.

Media coverage is far from perfect, but I will say that Fox News seems to live on a different planet. News that you would assume would require coverage from any news network often gets buried on the site if it is featured at all.

Trump will never get the benefit of the doubt from any network but Fox News. He will not get any credit because he has burned too many bridges. That's ironic, because he has proven his image is really all he cares about. One thing he has managed to do is get people to care about some issues and hopefully, learn how not to treat other people.
Right because the mainstream media never distorts the truth with their liberal spin. Example that I've witnessed: if the Dow falls 1,000 points in a day, the liberal press jumps on the doom and gloom angle and questions if Trumps economy is crumbling (almost like they're begging for the market to crash). Then the next week, the Dow jumps back up and there is absolutely no coverage from the liberal media.

Right because the mainstream media never distorts the truth with their liberal spin. Example that I've witnessed: if the Dow falls 1,000 points in a day, the liberal press jumps on the doom and gloom angle and questions if Trumps economy is crumbling (almost like they're begging for the market to crash). Then the next week, the Dow jumps back up and there is absolutely no coverage from the liberal media.

I didn't say that.

Not a single fact-checking organization would agree with you....Not one.

CNN has become little more than a propaganda network. They simply do not report a story that doesn't fit their agenda. The fake Democrat financed Steele dossier was used to get a FISA warrant to spy on patriotic Americans, and this story was very much under-reported, if reported at all by CNN. The fact checking services of which you speak are there just to discredit opposing views. You are badly misinformed.

CNN has become little more than a propaganda network. They simply do not report a story that doesn't fit their agenda. The fake Democrat financed Steele dossier was used to get a FISA warrant to spy on patriotic Americans, and this story was very much under-reported, if reported at all by CNN. The fact checking services of which you speak are there just to discredit opposing views. You are badly misinformed.
No, I'm not misinformed. The problem for you is I absolutely know that. FOX was started by Rupert Murdoch as a "conservative" entertainment and news organization and went further to the right when Roger Ailes took over as CEO. Politfact, Factcheck, Open Secrets, ProPublica, Sunlight Foundation and Snopes (for non-political stories) are all excellent fact-checking organzation and do not give Fox News high ratings on truth. Actually, neither does NewsBusters, a fact checking organization from the Media Research Center, a conservative group created to deal with liberal bias in the media.

rogue cockWell-Known Member

No, I'm not misinformed. The problem for you is I absolutely know that. FOX was started by Rupert Murdoch as a "conservative" entertainment and news organization and went further to the right when Roger Ailes took over as CEO. Politfact, Factcheck, Open Secrets, ProPublica, Sunlight Foundation and Snopes (for non-political stories) are all excellent fact-checking organzation and do not give Fox News high ratings on truth. Actually, neither does NewsBusters, a fact checking organization from the Media Research Center, a conservative group created to deal with liberal bias in the media.

What a crock! Fox News is NOT Conservative...It’s that it’s NOT Liberal, like the rest of the Networks. That’s YOUR problem with it. Just like your so-called “fact” checkers. They don’t like the fact, that Fox is not liberal. All you low-life Vietnam protesters ran to Academia and Media, and have been reeking havoc on this country ever since.

What a crock! Fox News is NOT Conservative...It’s that it’s NOT Liberal, like the rest of the Networks. That’s YOUR problem with it. Just like your so-called “fact” checkers. They don’t like the fact, that Fox is not liberal. All you low-life Vietnam protesters ran to Academia and Media, and have been reeking havoc on this country ever since.

So no leaning at Fox? Interesting..

"No, I'm not misinformed. The problem for you is I absolutely know that. FOX was started by Rupert Murdoch as a "conservative" entertainment and news organization and went further to the right when Roger Ailes took over as CEO. Politfact, Factcheck, Open Secrets, ProPublica, Sunlight Foundation and Snopes (for non-political stories) are all excellent fact-checking organzation and do not give Fox News high ratings on truth. Actually, neither does NewsBusters, a fact checking organization from the Media Research Center, a conservative group created to deal with liberal bias in the media."

My friend, you are not going to convince me of anything by not responding to my points and name dropping various organizations. If you would bother to look at the headline story now on Newsbusters, which you quoted, you would see a feature on how NY Times and CNN lawyer, and Chuck Todd, of NBC attacked Hannity, and how the attack of the consolidated liberal propaganda machine backfired.

Instead of trashing conservative groups by dropping the names of people you consider untouchables, why don't you read the ideas and logic of what they are saying, and respond with facts rather than trying to discredit conservative ideas. If you were to use reason in your response instead of slander and innuendo, you would be more credible.

Much of the Steele dossier has been verified. Carter Page did secretly go to Russia and now it has been reported that Michael Cohen did go to Prague to meet with Russians after testifying that he had never been there. And George Papadolous too, tips from another intelligence service verified his actions from the dossier.

Though Trump says he did not spend the night in Moscow on the night that the Russians offered a group of hookers, his bodyguard testified to Congress that he did indeed spend at least one night. And the bodyguard left Trump alone at the hotel after they initially laughed about the offer. The only thing I question is if the Russians actually have footage of Trump participating in the debauchery, or if they just let him believe that they do.

In addition to the NYT, I read the WSJ, Financial Times (London), the Economist. A mixture of "liberal", "conservative" and "moderate" papers and magazines. Interestingly, they seldom disagree on the actual facts...their opinions on those facts may disagree however. I quit watching Fox when their "facts" failed to even match up with the WSJ....Fox either obscures the facts that don't support their positions or simply ignores them....that is not journalism at all. Perhaps that is why it is still considered an entertainment organization, not a news organization. If you want true conservative reporting, read the WSJ....and if you want an international view, read the Financial Times.
I cancelled my WSJ when they went on an anti-Trump rant during the entirety of 2016. That rag is as biased as them all.

Reactions: ansoncock
OrangeRalphNew Member

Much of the Steele dossier has been verified. Carter Page did secretly go to Russia and now it has been reported that Michael Cohen did go to Prague to meet with Russians after testifying that he had never been there. And George Papadolous too, tips from another intelligence service verified his actions from the dossier.

Though Trump says he did not spend the night in Moscow on the night that the Russians offered a group of hookers, his bodyguard testified to Congress that he did indeed spend at least one night. And the bodyguard left Trump alone at the hotel after they initially laughed about the offer. The only thing I question is if the Russians actually have footage of Trump participating in the debauchery, or if they just let him believe that they do.

Hahaha...”Much of it”? It’s all chocked full of LIES. Nothing but Russian propaganda. You would think that Liberals might occasionally spend an honest day in their life, but I guess it can’t even happen here? Not to mention...You seem to be a worthless piece of Tater S#*t! I look forward to the day, when you scumbags scatter out of here, like the cockroaches you are.

OrangeRalphNew Member

Hahaha...”Much of it”? It’s all chocked full of LIES. Nothing but Russian propaganda. You would think that Liberals might occasionally spend an honest day in their life, but I guess it can’t even happen here? Not to mention...You seem to be a worthless piece of Tater S#*t! I look forward to the day, when you scumbags scatter out of here, like the cockroaches you are.
Geez Louise!
Can't both liberals and conservatives just admit that both MSNBC and Fox networks are biased? They are both in the entertainment industry, not the news business...

"According to NBC News, Schiller told Congress that at a 2013 business meeting in Moscow, a "Russian participant" offered to "send five women" to Trump's hotel room. Schiller said that he interpreted that offer as a joke, sources told NBC News, explaining that "we don't do that type of stuff." Schiller reportedly also said that he and Trump had a laugh about the offer on the way back to Trump's hotel room, and furthermore, that Trump entered his room alone before Schiller went back to his own room for the night."

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-the-ste...d-may-have-confirmed-a-key-part-of-it-3267511

This article in "The Bustle" states that Trump entered his hotel room in Russia alone, thereby proving Russian collusion. Also, recently at dinner Trump was seen requesting Russian dressing on his salad. This is another corroboration that Trump is a Russophile.

Geez Louise!
Can't both liberals and conservatives just admit that both MSNBC and Fox networks are biased? They are both in the entertainment industry, not the news business...
The big difference, IMHO, is that Fox does not spike stories that do not fit the conservative agenda, and Fox does not pretend to be unbiased. Recall, Hannity should be credited with the take down of Judge Roy Moore, during an interview in which he honestly attempted to get to the bottom of the controversy.

"No, I'm not misinformed. The problem for you is I absolutely know that. FOX was started by Rupert Murdoch as a "conservative" entertainment and news organization and went further to the right when Roger Ailes took over as CEO. Politfact, Factcheck, Open Secrets, ProPublica, Sunlight Foundation and Snopes (for non-political stories) are all excellent fact-checking organzation and do not give Fox News high ratings on truth. Actually, neither does NewsBusters, a fact checking organization from the Media Research Center, a conservative group created to deal with liberal bias in the media."

My friend, you are not going to convince me of anything by not responding to my points and name dropping various organizations. If you would bother to look at the headline story now on Newsbusters, which you quoted, you would see a feature on how NY Times and CNN lawyer, and Chuck Todd, of NBC attacked Hannity, and how the attack of the consolidated liberal propaganda machine backfired.

Instead of trashing conservative groups by dropping the names of people you consider untouchables, why don't you read the ideas and logic of what they are saying, and respond with facts rather than trying to discredit conservative ideas. If you were to use reason in your response instead of slander and innuendo, you would be more credible.
The problem is that you assume wrongly that I am a liberal. I believe in no deficit, a flat tax with a lot of deductions intended for a few removed, welfare to work programs, limiting what welfare and food programs allow a person to purchase, a balanced budget when possible, free trade with no protectionism, etc. ALL formerly conservative ideals. I do not like nor agree with the cultural conservatism that invades the Republican Party of today and that of our President. On those issues I'm about as Libertarian as you can get.

About your Vietnam reference....my father faught and received the Bronze Star for his service in the USAF in Vietnam. I served as a JAG officer in the USN. So screw you!!

Reactions: mavcock
The problem is that you assume wrongly that I am a liberal. I believe in no deficit, a flat tax with a lot of deductions intended for a few removed, welfare to work programs, limiting what welfare and food programs allow a person to purchase, a balanced budget when possible, free trade with no protectionism, etc. ALL formerly conservative ideals. I do not like nor agree with the cultural conservatism that invades the Republican Party of today and that of our President. On those issues I'm about as Libertarian as you can get.

About your Vietnam reference....my father faught and received the Bronze Star for his service in the USAF in Vietnam. I served as a JAG officer in the USN. So screw you!!
Sounds like we pretty much agree on everything except for which channel to watch. I was a military reservist for 20 1/2 years.

Reactions: rogue cock
Geez Louise!
Ok, I’m going to provide a few truths here.

1. The left, which includes many of the cable news channels, is against Trump. And, for the most part, anti conservative.
2. Fox leans right. No doubt there. Probably not as far right as the others lean left.
3. Media Matters is the most unbiased fact check of the media and their reporting.
4. ALL, repeat ALL, cable news outlets ARE NOT about reporting the news. They are about achieving ratings and providing their commentary about what they (and their audurnce) perceive as news. Less than an hour a day is DEVOTED to reporting actual news UNLESS there is a HUGE breaking news story - then maybe a few hours. This is the biggest TRUTH of them all. CABLE NEWS is not about news.

The key to effective propaganda is for your viewers, listeners or readers to not realize it is propaganda. Sadly, Fox is really good at this.

We’ve become triablists even in defending our preferred news organizations and most people migrate to those organizations which reinforce their existing world view. They will never have their beliefs challenged and anything which tries to be factual and honest will get dismissed and attacked.

You do realize the media of this Country is uniform in thier leftist point of view. Fox news is the only outlet that isn't full leftist. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, all major print and all comedy talk shows etc.... Are from a left point of view. Along comes Fox and the left has 0 tolerance of differing opinions. Looks like to me Fox is the only network standing in the way of full on Government controlled media. If the left has their way Fox would be banished tomorrow and then a N Korea style of of media governing would be implemented which would be news from one point of view only. Scary!!!!

What I would like to know is this: let’s assume Fox did not exist, and liberals had control of everything ... all news outlets, all of Hollywood , complete educational system from pre-school thru college, all federal and state branches of government (house, senates, judicial), all federal, state, and local law enforcement, the IRS, state, and local tax authorities.

What kind of world do you libs actually see as utopia if there were no conservatives or opposition of any kind standing in your way in any part of society. Please describe what your perfect world looks like for me.

What I would like to know is this: let’s assume Fox did not exist, and liberals had control of everything ... all news outlets, all of Hollywood , complete educational system from pre-school thru college, all federal and state branches of government (house, senates, judicial), all federal, state, and local law enforcement, the IRS, state, and local tax authorities.

What kind of world do you libs actually see as utopia if there were no conservatives or opposition of any kind standing in your way in any part of society. Please describe what your perfect world looks like for me.
There has ALWAYS been opposition to the party in power....long before Fox, long before TV. Nothing would change. Freedom of speech, the market place of ideas, has always flourished....even through our worst times. Book burnings, the Red scare, etc...nothing has stopped opposing views from piercing society.

TV news is nothing....5 minutes for a story on an issue that can't be fully covered in a day? That's not news. That's piecemeal info for people with extremely short attention spans.

ExpatCarolinianActive Member
New

If the left has their way Fox would be banished tomorrow and then a N Korea style of of media governing would be implemented which would be news from one point of view only. Scary!!!!
Right. The left are the ones threatening to jail journalists and attacking freedom of the press.

Leonard’s Loser...Expat. It’s the Left, that attempts to stymie free speech on College campuses...every year. It’s the left that attacks any “speech”, they don’t agree with.

Do the teachings of Jesus make him a liberal or a conservative?

New

If the left has their way Fox would be banished tomorrow and then a N Korea style of of media governing would be implemented which would be news from one point of view only. Scary!!!!
Right. The left are the ones threatening to jail journalists and attacking freedom of the press.

Leonard’s Loser...Expat. It’s the Left, that attempts to stymie free speech on College campuses...every year. It’s the left that attacks any “speech”, they don’t agree with.
Both sides do that.....or do you not remember the constant attacks from the Right that a bunch of HS students just received for exercising their right of assembly and free speech? Most didn't even attempt to debate them on the issue, just made ad hominem attacks.

There has ALWAYS been opposition to the party in power....long before Fox, long before TV. Nothing would change. Freedom of speech, the market place of ideas, has always flourished....even through our worst times. Book burnings, the Red scare, etc...nothing has stopped opposing views from piercing society.

TV news is nothing....5 minutes for a story on an issue that can't be fully covered in a day? That's not news. That's piecemeal info for people with extremely short attention spans.

I know that, but what I want to hear from the libs is what exactly would they do with all the power? What is the end game they want to achieve?

New

New

Both sides do that.....or do you not remember the constant attacks from the Right that a bunch of HS students just received for exercising their right of assembly and free speech? Most didn't even attempt to debate them on the issue, just made ad hominem attacks.

What BS...Nobody “stops” Liberal speech, because you sound like a FOOL, every time you open your mouth. Name the F#%*ing time, Conservatives ever rioted to stop someone from speaking? Never happened! Only Liberals do that!

Criticizing someone’s speech (like those HS kids...that don’t know what they’re talking about), is not the same as “stopping” people from speaking. Millennials are shooting each other. That’s where they need to start, if they want to address the problem. When I was in HS, students had loaded weapons in their cars...in the Parking lot. Nobody ever grabbed one, and started shooting. It must be a different problem?

Criticizing someone’s speech (like those HS kids...that don’t know what they’re talking about), is not the same as “stopping” people from speaking. Millennials are shooting each other. That’s where they need to start, if they want to address the problem. When I was in HS, students had loaded weapons in their cars...in the Parking lot. Nobody ever grabbed one, and started shooting. It must be a different problem?
It is exactly the same. Sorry you can't see that, but whether you agree or disagree with them, their right to speak their opinion can not be discounted by "they don't know what they are talking about."

New

New

What BS...Nobody “stops” Liberal speech, because you sound like a FOOL, every time you open your mouth. Name the F#%*ing time, Conservatives ever rioted to stop someone from speaking? Never happened! Only Liberals do that!
You may want to read your history. From the book burnings, to the silencing of the Italian fascist movement, to the McCathy hearings, flag-burming, anti-war protests, desegregation rallies, equal rights speeches, and other incidents, those who believe themselves to be "conservative" has attempted to limit or stop speech that they disagreed with.

Last edited:
In addition to the NYT, I read the WSJ, Financial Times (London), the Economist. A mixture of "liberal", "conservative" and "moderate" papers and magazines. Interestingly, they seldom disagree on the actual facts...their opinions on those facts may disagree however. I quit watching Fox when their "facts" failed to even match up with the WSJ....Fox either obscures the facts that don't support their positions or simply ignores them....that is not journalism at all. Perhaps that is why it is still considered an entertainment organization, not a news organization. If you want true conservative reporting, read the WSJ....and if you want an international view, read the Financial Times.
I don’t have time to read all the stuff that you do. I’m too busy trying to get my head above water from the beat down I’ve taken for the previous 8 years.

This is the thought process of someone who sees things entirely in black and white.

New

It is exactly the same. Sorry you can't see that, but whether you agree or disagree with them, their right to speak their opinion can not be discounted by "they don't know what they are talking about."

Thanks...You just proved my point. I’ll just let everybody read your post...FOOL!

Those high school kids were being used by the ban guns movement as useful idiots. They were given a forum as though they were experts in school safety, which they weren't.

What was missing was a complete discussion of improving school safety from top to bottom, without out of control emotionalism, which the media encourage and thrive on. This discussion should include all ideas, which should not be dismissed by hurled, thoughtless cliches.

That high school coach gave his life trying to protect, and protecting his students. Had he had what he needed at his disposal, he could have saved more lives. The sheriff deputies were afraid to enter the building.

Reactions: BigTomE
Those high school kids were being used by the ban guns movement as useful idiots. They were given a forum as though they were experts in school safety, which they weren't.

What was missing was a complete discussion of improving school safety from top to bottom, without out of control emotionalism, which the media encourage and thrive on. This discussion should include all ideas, which should not be dismissed by hurled, thoughtless cliches.

That high school coach gave his life trying to protect, and protecting his students. Had he had what he needed at his disposal, he could have saved more lives. The sheriff deputies were afraid to enter the building.
Agree with your last two paragraphs. Regarding your first, I believe those students are sincere in their beliefs....and for the most part I haven't heard that they want all guns banned. The anti-gun groups may be piggy-backing off the students protests, but that does not mean they are being used. There is a difference.

Ainsley seems nice. I think the former Clemson QB is her 2nd husband.

She use to be a straight News reporter but now is nothing but a partisan hack.

She was trained as a journalist, not a partisan who is paid to support one politician like she does now. That is sad in my opinion. When anyone does that, they lose credibility.

The only saving grace is Fox & Friends is an entertainment program, not a news program although they act as if they are one.

And no, I don’t watch cable news anymore (other than glancing at it during breaking news events)

Last edited:
Reactions: punydevil
This is the thought process of someone who sees things entirely in black and white.

Not at all. I just want to know what it actually is that you want that requires such overwhelming media bias to try to attain. Let’s just start with getting rid of Fox News. What is the end game? Getting more liberal politicians elected? Why? So that the US will become an ultra liberal nation in every respect in society. Why? Now you pick it up from here, and continue. What is it that YOU want? Can you articulate it?

The sheriff deputies were afraid to enter the building.

That cowardly sheriff’s deputy highlights that the “all we need is more guns so a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun” solution is nonsensical.

I don’t wish for my family to live in a society where everyone is armed. I just don’t trust complete strangers that much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT