ADVERTISEMENT

A'ja, G.Rogers, John Roche, Mike Roth

I might have to put JBJ on there somewhere! :cool:
I thought about him... But i believe Roth was the leader and the stud on the mound whenever that team needed a big win..Matt Price was a hoss as well...It was hard to leave Connor Shaw off.. As great a winner as Shaw was, he never produced a championship..If you look around the NFL these days, you have to ask why Spurrier didn't win the SEC at Carolina

I thought about him... But i believe Roth was the leader and the stud on the mound whenever that team needed a big win..Matt Price was a hoss as well...It was hard to leave Connor Shaw off.. As great a winner as Shaw was, he never produced a championship..If you look around the NFL these days, you have to ask why Spurrier didn't win the SEC at Carolina

Neither did George. But I can see the argument for George over Connor due to the Heisman.

I would say you have to put Clowney in the mix

2 time First team All America
2 Time First team All SEC
SEC Defensive Player of the Year
#1 Pick

I would say you have to put Clowney in the mix

2 time First team All America
2 Time First team All SEC
SEC Defensive Player of the Year
#1 Pick
obviously everyone that ponders this question considers Clowney..But who would you take off to put him on...We are talking 4..

Reactions: king ward
Not only that, his last season might have been his least productive.

VIDEO:%20Lorenzo%20Ward%20after%20Thursday%20practice

VIDEO:%20Deke%20Adams%20talks%20D-line%20progress,%20freshmen

Reactions: Legendary Cock
obviously everyone that ponders this question considers Clowney..But who would you take off to put him on...We are talking 4..
If you have to have one from each of the four sports, then not much you can do. If you're talking the four most dominant and dynamic players, Clowney is a no-brainer and Roth comes off.

I could probably name a few hundred football players, a hundred men's bball players, a hundred baseball players, and some golfers before I put Asia's name in the mix. Not to mention a few coaches who could probably go up there.

Go Cocks!

I could probably name a few hundred football players, a hundred men's bball players, a hundred baseball players, and some golfers before I put Asia's name in the mix. Not to mention a few coaches who could probably go up there.

Go Cocks!

Just goes back to the sad line of thinking many have in our fan base now. We would put someone from a second-tier sports team on the "Mount Rushmore" of athletics. That's the most disappointing thing I've read on here.

1. George Rogers
2. John Roche
3. Michael Roth
4. Aja Wilson

Rogers, Roche and Wilson are pretty obvious choices. I'm going with Roth because, and it has been stated by others, that he is the best CWS pitcher ever.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
My sincerest apologies... You da man!!! Rod Dangerfield is the king of Gamecock Mt Rushmore nominations

This is correct.

Good job of naming the correct people, though.

Go Cocks!

The whole damn continent?!

Reactions: lawcalcock

Go Cocks!
4 SEC Championships
1 National Campionship
3 time SEC POY.
Not to mention the other NCAA tourney stuff.

OK smart one, name me one of the 400 you mentioned with more than that on their resume.

4 SEC Championships
1 National Campionship
3 time SEC POY.
Not to mention the other NCAA tourney stuff.

OK smart one, name me one of the 400 you mentioned with more than that on their resume.
Don't bother. It's because she's a woman and women's sports aren't nearly as important than men's sports, as evidenced by his comment calling our Lady Gamecocks "Dawn's Boys" in another thread he started.

Go Cocks!
First of all her name is A'ja Wilson... Second of all your pathetic attempt to undermine her excellence in competition is disgraceful... Your derisive retort deems your opinions invalid and of no significance

The Mount Rushmore of Gamecock sports...If you want to debate, you better bring it
Sorry, but Sindarius Thornwell has replaced Roche. SEC player of the year that takes us to the final four should make Mt Rushmore -- and I saw Roche play when I attended Carolina.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Sorry, but Sindarius Thornwell has replaced Roche. SEC player of the year that takes us to the final four should make Mt Rushmore -- and I saw Roche play when I attended Carolina.

Sorry Sindarius 1 stellar year does not comes close to Roche's career excellence... ST did not produce a conference nor tournament title... Back in the day only conf tournament champs went to the NCAA

Just goes back to the sad line of thinking many have in our fan base now. We would put someone from a second-tier sports team on the "Mount Rushmore" of athletics. That's the most disappointing thing I've read on here.
"Second tier" in your opinion. And regardless of how many people share that opinion, it's nothing more than an opinion.

First of all her name is A'ja Wilson... Second of all your pathetic attempt to undermine her excellence in competition is disgraceful... Your derisive retort deems your opinions invalid and of no significance

Yep. We were lucky she stayed at home.

Sorry Sindarius 1 stellar year does not comes close to Roche's career excellence... ST did not produce a conference nor tournament title... Back in the day only conf tournament champs went to the NCAA
Is not East Regional Champions a tournament title? Beats a conference title every day in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT