ADVERTISEMENT

A'ja named USA Today National Player of the year

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
nm

wbbuscvsfla_tg1912

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...a/usc-womens-basketball/article203945004.html

Last edited:
I wonder if we can get a statue of A'ja??

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses of great players to win championships at South Carolina."

Last edited:
Reactions: okccock
The top individual award in her sport. One national title, two (or more) Final Fours, and a whole bunch of conference hardware. Sounds worthy of a statue to me. Maybe give it five years like they do for Canton, but I'm all for it.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Just noticed A'ja apparently didn't get the Wooden or Naismith awards. Someone really ought to create a women's specific award (the Staley award of course) and give it to A'ja.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Just noticed A'ja apparently didn't get the Wooden or Naismith awards. Someone really ought to create a women's specific award (the Staley award of course) and give it to A'ja.
I'm pretty sure A'ja is up for those awards and that they haven't yet been announced. The Naismith is awarded by the Atlanta Tipoff Club and will be announced March 31. The Wooden Award is announced by the Los Angeles Athletic Club and will be announced on April 6.

I'm pretty sure A'ja is up for those awards and that they haven't yet been announced. The Naismith is awarded by the Atlanta Tipoff Club and will be announced March 31. The Wooden Award is announced by the Los Angeles Athletic Club and will be announced on April 6.
Thanks for clarifying! I saw the 2017 awards given and just assumed this year. A'ja certainly deserves them!

Reactions: GarnetGhost
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT