ADVERTISEMENT

A'ja Wilson appreciation thread

GarnetGhost

Apr 22, 2014
A'ja will play in her last home regular season game tonight. I thought perhaps fans might want to show their appreciation by posting highlights and memories of the last four years. I'll start with this.

I knew from the moment she signed that A'ja would be something special but the tangible proof of that for me came her freshman season with the putback to beat Duke on the road. I had a photo of that play as my smartphone screen saver for a long time. Check out the 2:19 mark.

Last edited:
Hometown girl, staying home and winning championships.

Greatly look forward to seeing you playing in the Olympics in 2 years.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Up on the hill
People never stare
They just don't care
Chinese music under banyan trees
Here at the dude ranch above the sea
Aja
When all my dime dancin' is through
I run to you
Up on the hill
They've got time to burn
There's no return
Double helix in the sky tonight
Throw out the hardware
Let's do it right
Aja
I run to you
Up on the hill
They think I'm okay
Or so they say
Chinese music always sets me free
Angular banjoes
Sound good to me
Aja
I run to you

Reactions: 92Pony
She isn't done yet boys & girls ........... !!

Blessed to have her be a part of this University. When you start delivering Rings, and winning the last game of the season, you are approaching the ultimate status.

LEGEND

Reactions: coolcock2001
Good person,great player. thanks for being a Gamecock.

Next year's squad will be a challenge. Anybody but Harris can't dribble the ball without it getting picked.

Greatest WBB to ever wear the Garnet and Black... IMHO she is the greatest overall Gamecock athlete ever
I agree with you. She has been absolutely DOMINANT here! I don't know if we'll ever have another WBB player here that can eclipse what she's done for this team and program!

Up on the hill
People never stare
They just don't care
Chinese music under banyan trees
Here at the dude ranch above the sea
Aja
I run to you
Up on the hill
They've got time to burn
There's no return
Double helix in the sky tonight
Throw out the hardware
Let's do it right
Aja
I run to you
Up on the hill
They think I'm okay
Or so they say
Chinese music always sets me free
Angular banjoes
Sound good to me
Aja
I run to you

Not much to say that hasn't been already but huge A'ja fan here, been awesome watching her play and represent the home state university

Aja you have been a great representative for USC and for the state of S.C. You could have gone to UConn like so many others would have. Thank you for having the courage and the foresight to show you can win championships without having to go out of state. Thanks to her family too for not falling into that crap we here so often from people. People like you, Marcus, etc., make the state proud. The ones that leave can pretend they do, but they really don`t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT