ADVERTISEMENT

A'ja Wilson suffers knee injury

Crutcher1

Mar 17, 2010
Per ESPN:
A'ja Wilson has been playing in the Chinese League and was their leading scorer at 38.5 points per game. She apparently suffered a knee injury and is coming back to SC to rehabilitate. They expect her to be able to get back and play later in the season.

Saw that scroll across the screen last night. Hate to see that - Hope she recovers 100% quickly!

Was she over there trying to make ends meet or what? Seems to me that, after the year to year and a half she just had, a break would have been in order.

The salaries are enormous for Women Basketball players when compared to the USA. Many WNBA player play overseas.

The salaries are enormous for Women Basketball players when compared to the USA. Many WNBA player play overseas.
So if that's the case maybe that's where they ought to play, and rest their bodies during the WNBA season. Whether it's a machine or a human being, the longer you push something to the limit, the closer it is to malfunctioning. No one is talking about a person's rights here. But she has played a ton of basketball in a relatively short time - going back to the beginning of her final college season.

So if that's the case maybe that's where they ought to play, and rest their bodies during the WNBA season. Whether it's a machine or a human being, the longer you push something to the limit, the closer it is to malfunctioning. No one is talking about a person's rights here. But she has played a ton of basketball in a relatively short time - going back to the beginning of her final college season.
That's the reality of basketball for women who want to play professionally and make money while they can. The WNBA is the highest level of competition and where these players make a name for themselves. But, as previously stated, overseas is a far more lucrative proposition. I guess I could do the research, but I've seen several accounts of players making $50,000-$90,000 for a WBNA season, then heading to Europe or Asia and making $150,000-$300,000. They play both because they love basketball and also want the money. I've read that many of the owners of the women's overseas teams don't really care about profits on their basketball teams. They just want to win. In the U.S., sports leagues are a business, first and last. The bottom line determines everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT