ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama DL commits

I have an investment in the program...thank you very much...I have had an investment since 1989....I have had an opinion even longer than that.
No you don't.

Anything you've given monetarily is not an investment. It's either a donation, or an exchange to receive the right to attend and sit in a designated spot.

Suggest you not use the term "commit" until the student either signs an LOI or enrolls in school. The word "favorite" is probably more appropriate at this point.

Not sure if serious? He is a verbal commit, just like everyone else on our commitment board. When he signs a LOI, he will be a signee. Please tell me you are smarter than that.

No you don't.

Anything you've given monetarily is not an investment. It's either a donation, or an exchange to receive the right to attend and sit in a designated spot.
No...it is an investment..I expect something in return....a good product and a seat to watch it....a donation is something you give with no expectations. I expect my seat and a quality product on the field. I might not get it...that would be a bad investment...but an investment none the less !

in·vest·ment
inˈves(t)mənt/
noun
noun: investment; plural noun: investments
the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

I don't challenge the weatherman but he has been known to be wrong too.
Fair enough, but you acknowledge that meteorologists know more about the weather than you, correct? The exact same thing can be said for those who study and rate recruits. There will always be misses and surprises, but by and large the rating services get it right. To be sure, it is a much. More sophisticated and accurate process today than it was 15 years ago. Meanwhile, our coaches have convinced me they've gotten little right the past 2 seasons. I have zero faith in them. Zero.

This guy had nearly 200 tackles over the last two seasons. The truth is that there are just a few 4* or 5* out there and they all don't want to play at Carolina. Stop bashing the ones who do and give them a shot.
I agree to an extent,but Five 2 * recruits in On my way! class is taking way too many chances,High 3 * recruits and 4 * recruits is were Ya build your program,I am not saying a 2 * recruiit can't turn out to be a good player,but five in one class and potentially more is taking way to many risk!!

Not sure if serious? He is a verbal commit, just like everyone else on our commitment board. When he signs a LOI, he will be a signee. Please tell me you are smarter than that.

Signee = commitment.

We've seen too many instances of "committed" players visiting other schools. If you are committed, there's no need to do that; all it does is question your commitment. That's why IMO the term favorite is more appropriate.

Last edited:
We have to fill this class no matter what or you pay for it 4 years down the road. If you think we can attract 4 stars right now with our current coaching uncertainty then you are foolish.

Signee = commitment.

We've seen too many instances of "committed" players visiting other schools. If you are committed, there's no need to do that; all it does is question your commitment. That's why IMO the term favorite is more appropriate.
No..signed is signed.....commitment is commitment.....like engaged is engaged.....married is married....

No...it is an investment..I expect something in return....a good product and a seat to watch it....a donation is something you give with no expectations. I expect my seat and a quality product on the field. I might not get it...that would be a bad investment...but an investment none the less !

in·vest·ment
inˈves(t)mənt/
noun
noun: investment; plural noun: investments
the action or process of investing money for profit or material result.

Thank you for looking up the definition. I looked it up in Webster online and found almost the exact definition.

You answered the question then turned around and denied the answer.

An investment is "the outlay of money usually for income or profit". The money you spend or give to the university is not an investment. There is no profit given or expected for your expenditure. You get the privilege of enjoying the game from a designated area in the stadium. Will you be disappointed for the expenditure and time spent on this donation? Yes. But, it is not an investment. Expect all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you have no investment whatsoever in the program.

Thank you for looking up the definition. I looked it up in Webster online and found almost the exact definition.

You answered the question then turned around and denied the answer.

An investment is "the outlay of money usually for income or profit". The money you spend or give to the university is not an investment. There is no profit given or expected for your expenditure. You get the privilege of enjoying the game from a designated area in the stadium. Will you be disappointed for the expenditure and time spent on this donation? Yes. But, it is not an investment. Expect all you want. It doesn't change the fact that you have no investment whatsoever in the program.
...or a material result.....seat and quality entertainment in return.....if you can't admit you're wrong, you can't make changes in your life to be right......I didn't look it up before I posted it. I didn't have to. I posted the definition for you, not me.

...or a material result.....seat and quality entertainment in return.....if you can't admit you're wrong, you can't make changes in your life to be right......I didn't look it up before I posted it. I didn't have to. I posted the definition for you, not me.

I'm not wrong.

An investment is an expenditure made for an expected profit in return. You have not and never have made an investment in the University of South Carolina football program.

But, keep telling yourself that you have so that you can feel important or that you have some kind of power that doesn't exist.

If you've ever been to an amusement park -- Carowinds, Six Flags, Disney, etc -- you paid for a ticket to enjoy the rides and all the other attractions. In some cases, you may pay more for the privilege of enjoying something not included with the price of admission. Contributing to the football program is almost identical to this scenario. It is not an investment. You're paying for access and entertainment, nothing more.

If you bought stock in any of these companies that operate the amusement parks, then that would be an investment. The price of admission and enjoying the events is not an investment. If you "expect" a profit in return for buying a ticket to attend, you're business moron #1.

I'm not wrong.

An investment is an expenditure made for an expected profit in return. You have not and never have made an investment in the University of South Carolina football program.

But, keep telling yourself that you have so that you can feel important or that you have some kind of power that doesn't exist.
Investment don't give you power....you are really clueless, so stop while you still have some dignity. I guess if you want to stop the definition that you looked up at a part that suits you, who am I to argue. I will not try to confuse you with facts....you seem to not like them very well.

If you've ever been to an amusement park -- Carowinds, Six Flags, Disney, etc -- you paid for a ticket to enjoy the rides and all the other attractions. In some cases, you may pay more for the privilege of enjoying something not included with the price of admission. Contributing to the football program is almost identical to this scenario. It is not an investment. You're paying for access and entertainment, nothing more.

If you bought stock in any of these companies that operate the amusement parks, then that would be an investment. The price of admission and enjoying the events is not an investment. If you "expect" a profit in return for buying a ticket to attend, you're business moron #1.
You have a very narrow minded sense of things and you won't admit you're wrong....so be it. Just because you think you are right...doesn't make you right. You invest your time and effort everyday in things that have no profit. You're really not too sharp and I have always said...never argue with someone who can't even see the most basic things. You can invest in a non profit.

Last edited:
Well the tinfoil hat theorist in me thinks it is interesting we have a couple of commits from Alabama recently.

I will say he has the right kind of neck for a football player. If this kid can put on 30 pounds of solid weight it does seem like he can play dt.
I'm getting the same signals in my tinfoil hat. Has the hat tipped in a smart direction?

I'm not questioning the kid, I'm questioning the coaches that are offering players that clearly have no business playing in the sec.

Then don't post in the thread about this kid. There are other threads about disappointment with recruiting 2 stars. Post in those threads. Heck, create a thread of your own.

However, the spewing of negativity should not be about THIS particular kid or in this kid's thread.

Then don't post in the thread about this kid. There are other threads about disappointment with recruiting 2 stars. Post in those threads. Heck, create a thread of your own.

However, the spewing of negativity should not be about THIS particular kid or in this kid's thread.
What part of "I'm not questioning the kid, I'm questioning the coaches" do you not understand?

What part of "I'm not questioning the kid, I'm questioning the coaches" do you not understand?
On this board...if you tell the truth it is called a negative statement. I haven't figured out the process used to determine when the truth can change to a negative. I find that the truth rarely turns into a positive......I guess to some people...the truth is anything but the truth ! Wow.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT