ADVERTISEMENT

All of yall can say what you want but if our receivers dont drop 8 balls

Justin Miller

Nov 10, 2010
then we win the game. I thought Scar earned another start this week but the coaches didnt. I have not been impressed with Bentley but with the exception of the int. (I know its a big exception), he made the throws to win the game. He didnt get much help. Fenton also had an easy int. drop in the endzone right before they kicked the fg to go up 19 to 16. We seem to have a lot of trash talkers on defense especially Fenton but when its time to make game changing plays they cant do it. I feel like the season has gone like I expected except for I thought we would beat KY. The Gators are better than I thought they would be. So, it looks like 7-5 this year. Sad but true. But I dont think its all Bentley's fault.

Definitely not all Bentley’s fault even though the int cost use a chance for pts that ended up being the difference. The receivers deserve plenty of blame. The fumble on punt return that would have put us in great field position. I wonder what the coaches are thinking sometimes especially when Ty’Son Williams had the hot hand and we went back to Dowdle. Also not sold on McClendon. In his defense, it usually takes time for an offense to grasp a new coordinator’s scheme, however I don’t understand what his philosophy is other than he supposedly wants to go fast. A&M killed us in time of possession which was very evident on their final scoring drive. Jumbos offense reminds me of some of the methodical offenses spurrier used against Clemson to keep the ball out of their hands.
This team has everything personnel wise offensively to be successful, they have got to figure out how to execute better and quit tripping over themselves.

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
There was blame to be shared on the drops. A few were really bad on the receivers - #13 dropping the one that hit him in the breadbasket was the most glaring. However, when watching slo-mo replays, some of the drops were due to bad passes - again #13, when he fell down missing the wide open pass, after review, the pass was well behind him and his fall was due to trying to adjust to a terribly-thrown ball. Plenty of blame to go around.
I've not necessarily been one to be on the dump #19 train, but I'm a big fan of the definition of insanity line of thinking - we all know that saying. To me it's worth a shot to see if it generates a spark.

Reactions: uscfan1981
They're dropping their NFL stock. I guess that's good for us??? Maybe they'll have to play a senior season. I don't know why everyone comes to Bentley's defense when there are boos. Those boos are evenly distributed between him, Bryan, Debo & Shi. But they really belong to the OC and HC. They aren't delivering a good enough product. Bottom line. I honestly don't know what response to such repeated poor performances is to be expected.

I hate losing games to teams like A&M and Kentucky who aren't really better than we are just they don't kill themselves with drops and picks. Lack of execution makes us our own worse enemy.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. We are not better than those two teams. If we were we wouldn't be losing 5 in a row to UK, and we've yet to beat TAMU since they entered the league.
We may want to think we're better but the facts say otherwise.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Our receivers are good period. Jake is off target almost all of the time and they have to adjust to under thrown, over thrown and off target thriws even on swing passes. That gets to you mentally over time and causes the drops. They did not drop the balls versus Missouri so there is a clear commin denominator.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT