ADVERTISEMENT

All this reading about the competition....

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
....at different positions at practice is making me a happy camper. I just don't think we will see the same team we watched last season play this fall. Sounds to me like they're serious about the game. Okay now hit me with the "I'll believe it when I see it" posts I know they're coming but I got a good feeling in my old bones. When they start talking about tough competition at the WR position I'm impressed. Nope that ain't your sunshine pumping just an observation so don't start with me.:)

Reactions: cocky4 and wood90
Haven't been on here one year where there wasn't excitement running though camp in the preseason. Competition between positions. Positive raves coming from the media who attended practices. Every player is bigger faster stronger. We "hear" it every year.
Let's hope this is a year we "see" it also!!!

I have grown tired of how great some player looks in the spring or in August cam, only to fade into obscurity during the season. I will wait and see as I have been duped too much in the past. Here's to hoping we are better.

I was happy with our record last year. I thought Muschamp and all the assistants did an amazing job with so little. I was disappointed in the way we finished the bowl game, but I would have takenn6 W's and a bowl at the start last year, hands down. We will be better this year, but I am not sure we will win more games. If we beat every team we should beat, split the toss-up games, pull 1 upset, and win a bowl game, I will consider that a success and a step forward. 7-6 with a bowl W will make me happy while hoping for 8-5.

....at different positions at practice is making me a happy camper. I just don't think we will see the same team we watched last season play this fall. Sounds to me like they're serious about the game. Okay now hit me with the "I'll believe it when I see it" posts I know they're coming but I got a good feeling in my old bones. When they start talking about tough competition at the WR position I'm impressed. Nope that ain't your sunshine pumping just an observation so don't start with me.:)

It will be a fun year as

I just hope they all keep competing and fight for playing time. In the past we have players leave instead of earning playing time

I have grown tired of how great some player looks in the spring or in August cam, only to fade into obscurity during the season. I will wait and see as I have been duped too much in the past. Here's to hoping we are better.
For whatever reason they seem to be wide receivers. I know one that was really hyped during a spring game who is still here. And he's done bupkis thus far.

I'm just reading articles and reading between the lines and listening to coaches. I don't remember this much talk about the competition at camp like some of y'all say. For the past few years it's been the starter by default game. Our guys are stronger and faster according to reports and in better shape. I want to see it on the field and not the newspaper too but I like what I'm hearing that players are having to earn PT.

I'm just reading articles and reading between the lines and listening to coaches. I don't remember this much talk about the competition at camp like some of y'all say. For the past few years it's been the starter by default game. Our guys are stronger and faster according to reports and in better shape. I want to see it on the field and not the newspaper too but I like what I'm hearing that players are having to earn PT.
They are always "stronger and faster" until they get their collective a$$es whipped in the opening games. For example, the Miss. State game last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT