ADVERTISEMENT

Allisha Gray wins Gold in first ever 3x3 basketball tournament

Happy for her but certainly doesn’t feel like a legit Olympic sport.

Watched every USA 3x3 Bball and thoroughly enjoyed it. That loss to Japan was the perfect wake up call heading into the finals. Kelsey Plum and the big center did bulk of the scoring but Allisha was shutting down the opponent's best scorers. She basically won a couple of the tight games down the stretch with tenacious defense.

Happy for her but certainly doesn’t feel like a legit Olympic sport.
I agree. I think one reason viewership isn’t down is because they have concentrated a lot on some of the new sports over the years. I feel like the Olympics are half Olympics and half X-Games. I think it has impacted the Winter Games more than the Summer. The skateboarding was so boring to watch. There have been some good new additions. I love the speed skating on the course. That’s fun as heck to watch.

3 on 3 basketball had to be recommended by the US. Soon we’ll have 1 on 1 (which would probably be better than 3 on 3), 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, and then actual basketball.

Watched every USA 3x3 Bball and thoroughly enjoyed it. That loss to Japan was the perfect wake up call heading into the finals. Kelsey Plum and the big center did bulk of the scoring but Allisha was shutting down the opponent's best scorers. She basically won a couple of the tight games down the stretch with tenacious defense.
Yeah Gray and Dolson(the big center) was what really separated us from the other teams. Gray was the best 2 way player of the tournament

I saw someone post these stats

I agree. I think one reason viewership isn’t down is because they have concentrated a lot on some of the new sports over the years. I feel like the Olympics are half Olympics and half X-Games. I think it has impacted the Winter Games more than the Summer. The skateboarding was so boring to watch. There have been some good new additions. I love the speed skating on the course. That’s fun as heck to watch.

3 on 3 basketball had to be recommended by the US. Soon we’ll have 1 on 1 (which would probably be better than 3 on 3), 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4, and then actual basketball.
I hope not. In my opinion, 1 on 1 is by far the most boring to watch.

I hope not. In my opinion, 1 on 1 is by far the most boring to watch.
1 on 1 with Lebron vs Durant for Gold or something similar would be intriguing. Not the no-name guys that play 1 on 1. Those guys would never sign up for it though.

1 on 1 with Lebron vs Durant for Gold or something similar would be intriguing. Not the no-name guys that play 1 on 1. Those guys would never sign up for it though.
It might sound like an intriguing matchup, but it would not be fun to watch. That’s just my opinion. 1 on 1 is just so boring.

It might sound like an intriguing matchup, but it would not be fun to watch. That’s just my opinion. 1 on 1 is just so boring.
1 on 1 is just playground or pick up street ball. It's good for the players, not great to watch. I enjoyed the challenge back in the day. You had bragging rights over that guy and keep reminding him that you beat him.

What?!? She didn’t dedicate her gold to the American flag? I’m never watching the Olympics again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT