ADVERTISEMENT

Am i the only one watching the baseball game?

I've been watching on my phone. I'm expecting a pretty rough outcome to this season. We'll win just enough games to keep our coach after the season. Possibly sneak into the tournament.

I've been watching on my phone. I'm expecting a pretty rough outcome to this season. We'll win just enough games to keep our coach after the season. Possibly sneak into the tournament.

Quit watching after the 3rd. Coach said yesterday he thought it best to look for one pitch (pick one) and let everything else go. After the third strikeout looking by the 3rd inning and many more no swing strikes today, I had seen enough. I dont know what was more disturbing, that that is our approach or the fact he said it on tv for all to hear... during the first game of our first freaking conference series. Maybe I'll watch tomorrow, idk. Pains me to see guy's swing mechanics deteriorate. Happens every year. Getting old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbouton2 and TAV31
I watched the game on TV. We are not a good team. I liked the Kingston hire but after hearing him on 107 last week crying about injuries and basically saying wait til next year I am starting to think he is not going to get it done.
He said if you add the players who are out for the year this year to next years great recruiting class it's like two great classes coming in. So bend over and smile.(I added that part)
We don't hit. We don't pitch. We do nothing exceptional on defense. We have no star. WTF is this team? We are not bombers or slick fielders or pitching heavy. We scare nobody. Tennessee was clearly so much better than us it was pathetic today. They looked a lot bigger to me too.I hope we win tomorrow and will be pulling every game for us but this team is not very good. That is on Kingston.

Edited to add if the score was representative of the game today Tenny would have scored 35 runs. They constantly had us under pressure with hits and we never ever ever felt threatening to them. Just how it felt to me. I credit our guys for fighting so hard and wiggling off the hook so much against a clearly superior team who was obviously better coached.

Last edited:
I watched the game on TV. We are not a good team. I liked the Kingston hire but after hearing him on 107 last week crying about injuries and basically saying wait til next year I am starting to think he is not going to get it done.
He said if you add the players who are out for the year this year to next years great recruiting class it's like two great classes coming in. So bend over and smile.(I added that part)
We don't hit. We don't pitch. We do nothing exceptional on defense. We have no star. WTF is this team? We are not bombers or slick fielders or pitching heavy. We scare nobody. Tennessee was clearly so much better than us it was pathetic today. They looked a lot bigger to me too.I hope we win tomorrow and will be pulling every game for us but this team is not very good. That is on Kingston.

Edited to add if the score was representative of the game today Tenny would have scored 35 runs. They constantly had us under pressure with hits and we never ever ever felt threatening to them. Just how it felt to me. I credit our guys for fighting so hard and wiggling off the hook so much against a clearly superior team who was obviously better coached.
I'm willing to see another year based on his comments. But, if nothing good happens, he needs to go. No excuses.

Reactions: bucketdad and PC31
I'm willing to see another year based on his comments. But, if nothing good happens, he needs to go. No excuses.
That's sensible. FTR I don't think there is any chance he gets fired this year.
Doesn't change the fact this is 100% on him and our team is not good. I don't want to hear him getting a neck massage on 107 while crying about why nothing is his fault as we go down in flames, but I am sure I will again next week.
Somebody who keeps closer tabs on our baseball program please tell me what we are supposed to be under Kingston?
Anyway......lets win tomorrow. Go Cocks!

Pregame today he kept saying high 90's difficult, pitchers get big $ etc. Makes it hard to hit. I admit Vols Friday guy had a nasty slider also. BUT, we will constantly be facing high 90's in SEC play. When will we adjust i.e. our SS continues with a big, pull swing at the plate. Others are same.

Reactions: PC31 and bucketdad
Pregame today he kept saying high 90's difficult, pitchers get big $ etc. Makes it hard to hit. I admit Vols Friday guy had a nasty slider also. BUT, we will constantly be facing high 90's in SEC play. When will we adjust i.e. our SS continues with a big, pull swing at the plate. Others are same.
Adjusting is not what we do. I dont think it's in the game plan

Reactions: PC31
It's a shame we havent been able to give Becker any run support. Hope we dont have to wait till next year to address that too.

Vols averaging 11 pitches an inning. That's getting it done.

Adjusting is not what we do. I dont think it's in the game plan
Thought that was why we moved Currant to Player Development and brough in Wingo. It seems like he has been trying to move away from his gorilla ball philosophy to more of a small ball take what they give you approach but it doesn't seem to be taking. Players have to also realize that what works in travel ball is not generally going to go far on 1A level of baseball.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Thought that was why we moved Currant to Player Development and brough in Wingo. It seems like he has been trying to move away from his gorilla ball philosophy to more of a small ball take what they give you approach but it doesn't seem to be taking.
I had hoped so as well. Wouldnt be the first time I thought brighter days were coming tho.

Thought that was why we moved Currant to Player Development and brough in Wingo. It seems like he has been trying to move away from his gorilla ball philosophy to more of a small ball take what they give you approach but it doesn't seem to be taking. Players have to also realize that what works in travel ball is not generally going to go far on 1A level of baseball.
Don't really know who is the hitting coach, but I sure don't see any player development going on 🤬

Reactions: bucketdad
Don't really know who is the hitting coach, but I sure don't see any player development going on 🤬
Well, we know who the pitching coach is (Parker) as well as the recruiting coordinator (Caillet). Current was reportedly the hitting coach before he was moved to Director of Player Development. That would leave Wingo by process of elimination....but it could be a combination of a couple of coaches.

Hadn't watched 1 inning this weekend. Just knew we would get our shit packed in. Kingston over his head. Texas is not that good. Same ole shit every year

Reactions: cockofdawn
Can’t wait until we get our ace starting pitcher, Blade Tidwell, back from injury. Our AD is going to give Coach Vitello everything he needs to succeed at UT. We have been a sleeping giant in need of a good coach and now have him. Our state is full of high school baseball talent that has gone to Vanderbilt or left the state. We’re reeling them in now.

Hope to see the Cocks able to join us in Omaha soon. Go Big Orange!

Reactions: utjl36
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT