ADVERTISEMENT

Amidst the euphoria, a lump of sadness that Andy Demetra isn't calling these games

Georgia Tech is in the NIT final! I'm sure he regrets nothing. :D

Andy was basketball voice for only about 6 years. I never cared to hear that nasally voice of his and I remember early on he called us The Orange (Syracuse) a couple times.

Bob Fulton is the true voice of Gamecock athletics and Mike Morgan will always be #2. Andy will just be another Charlie Mac .A guy who was here to do a job with no real passion for Carolina.
All those Syracuse guys are just robotic clones. A very generic broadcasting sound

Gems? Ummm.... no! Of course since the games are on TV, I wouldn't have been listening to him anyway.

Bob Fulton is the Voice of the Gamecocks and always will be, I can hear a tape him calling a game now and I get chills and I am instantly transported back to my youth. I remember walking through my childhood home on Saturday afternoons and having a radio in every room tuned in to Gamecock football and Bob Fulton. You really don't understand how much you miss him until someone replays a tape of him calling a game.

Bob Fulton is the Voice of the Gamecocks and always will be, I can hear a tape him calling a game now and I get chills and I am instantly transported back to my youth. I remember walking through my childhood home on Saturday afternoons and having a radio in every room tuned in to Gamecock football and Bob Fulton. You really don't understand how much you miss him until someone replays a tape of him calling a game.

images

Reactions: Coq_de_Combat
I haven't listened to a football or basketball game on the radio in 20 years. Besides my car, the only radio I have is my alarm clock. Y'all do know almost all of them are on TV, right? I do listen to some baseball on the radio, but that's it. I'll never be attached to a radio guy again the way I was to Bob Fulton. He was my only link to Carolina sports when I was a kid. Those days are long gone.

I haven't listened to a football or basketball game on the radio in 20 years. Besides my car, the only radio I have is my alarm clock. Y'all do know almost all of them are on TV, right? I do listen to some baseball on the radio, but that's it. I'll never be attached to a radio guy again the way I was to Bob Fulton. He was my only link to Carolina sports when I was a kid. Those days are long gone.

Wait a second...these games are on TV? Kidding. Baseball is the only sport I listen to live, unless in the car. But, it's always a pleasure to go back and listen to the top calls.

Thornwell "detonating" bits of orange
"Kiss the ring" against Vandy
Etc.

Wait a second...these games are on TV? Kidding. Baseball is the only sport I listen to live, unless in the car. But, it's always a pleasure to go back and listen to the top calls.

Thornwell "detonating" bits of orange
"Kiss the ring" against Vandy
Etc.

"Line drive. Right field. And it drops. Coming home is Wingo. He touches home. The game is over. The game is over. The WAIT is over."

(Yes I typed that from memory.)

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock
Demetra is getting to do football now, and I heard that's what he really wanted, so good for him. I actually listen to a lot of sports on radio so I can multi-task and get things done. Derek Scott does a good job - he's pretty calm. Different style than Demetra. Morgan was really good, too. The guy that does women's hoops is good, too. I've heard him fill in on baseball from time to time. He's not bad there either. ... and yes, Fulton was The Man!

Reactions: atl-cock
Really liked Mike Morgan and he definitely DID NOT want to leave. However, he definitely landed on his feet and has done well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT