ADVERTISEMENT

An Uniquely Gamecock story

cockroche

Sep 21, 2003
I am 66 years old and 4 days removed from my 3rd aortic repair surgery in a month. Details are too many to list, but include a lifesaving blood transfusion and an emergency airlift. After my Saturday surgery I learned that my ICU nurse was a Carolina grad. I quickly learned that CMC (Charlotte) tv doesn't carry SEC network. My nurse fiddled with the tv web app without any luck. Still, she told me that she was gonna make sure I could watch the game. At 7:30 pm she rolled in with a computer off the ICU floor, already tuned in. That my friends is the REAL Carolina way. The loss didn't minimize the thought that someone, in that setting, would care enough to go well out of their way to help out a fellow human being and Gamecock. The next time you question whether you chose the wrong school, don't, because you most definitely did not.

I am 66 years old and 4 days removed from my 3rd aortic repair surgery in a month. Details are too many to list, but include a lifesaving blood transfusion and an emergency airlift. After my Saturday surgery I learned that my ICU nurse was a Carolina grad. I quickly learned that CMC (Charlotte) tv doesn't carry SEC network. My nurse fiddled with the tv web app without any luck. Still, she told me that she was gonna make sure I could watch the game. At 7:30 pm she rolled in with a computer off the ICU floor, already tuned in. That my friends is the REAL Carolina way. The loss didn't minimize the thought that someone, in that setting, would care enough to go well out of their way to help out a fellow human being and Gamecock. The next time you question whether you chose the wrong school, don't, because you most definitely did not.
Thanks for sharing a great Gamecock story and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Peace and blessings

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT