ADVERTISEMENT

And the bullpen blows it again...

Johnson still limited in return from injury i suppose. I can appreciate Holbrook not risking it with a guy with that kind of future, but again Reagan left in a batter too long compounded by Bowers struggling with the zone. Zero room for error from here on out. Tough time to try and find a reliable arm in the bull pen.

Should have gone to mound and calmed down Bowers or pulled him. He couldn't find strike zone until he served up the grand slam to Schwartz.

Should have gone to mound and calmed down Bowers or pulled him. He couldn't find strike zone until he served up the grand slam to Schwartz.
Should've went with Johnson. I know he threw around 40 last night but they could've run him out there for 20-30 to see what he could do.
He is our only true closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Should've went with Johnson. I know he threw around 40 last night but they could've run him out there for 20-30 to see what he could do.
He is our only true closer.
he will not have to pitch again for close to a week, this game was way too important, johnson should have been on the mound PERIOD,he is only reliable option out of the pen right now

No way do you send Johnson back out there after throwing 40+ pitches,,,day game after a night game,,you don't do that with a healthy player

It would be beyond short-sighted to throw Johnson back out there today. Good way to blow it kid's arm and send our season into dumpster fire.
Send it into a dumpster fire? It's already signed, sealed and delivered.
With our high ranking to start the season it was almost guaranteed we'd host a regional and stood a great chance of being a national seed. Now we've got to fight to even make the damn tournament.
This might be the biggest underachieving season in our history.

i agree if that is an issue put him in civies and let him sit in dugout!!.
It all depends on the individual. I see no reason they couldn't send him to the bullpen to let him loosen up and see how he feels. Maybe even send someone from the staff with him to see if he's hitting his spots once he's loose and throwing hard or if he shows signs of tension or fatigue.
Then again, maybe he already told the staff he couldn't go, which we'll never know. So it's all speculation anyway to a group of pissed off fans.

It all depends on the individual. I see no reason they couldn't send him to the bullpen to let him loosen up and see how he feels. Maybe even send someone from the staff with him to see if he's hitting his spots once he's loose and throwing hard or if he shows signs of tension or fatigue.
Then again, maybe he already told the staff he couldn't go, which we'll never know. So it's all speculation anyway to a group of pissed off fans.
excellent points, if it was TJ's decision, then i think everyone would be okay with it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT