ADVERTISEMENT

And then there were 11

EssoClub2

Jul 24, 2006
After week 5, and then there were 11. Who makes it to the final 4?

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Ohio State

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Colorado

UCF

USF

NC State

Cincinnati

Well, we know Alabama and Georgia can't both end up undefeated. Notre Dame looks like they have a pretty easy path to an undefeated regular season. Ohio State will have to lose to somebody that is worse than them, but it could happen. WVU still has some tough games ahead of them, but I'm pulling for them. Clemson certainly shouldn't lose any more but Clemsoning is always a possibility. If ND, OSU, and WVU go undefeated, I don't think y'all get in with a perfect record. If you Clemson along the way, forget it.

But it's WAY early at this point.

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Ohio State

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Colorado

UCF

USF

NC State

Cincinnati
Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Clemson (although I think Ga is significantly better than Clemson, they will not put a 1 loss Ga in front of an undefeated Clemson)

The interesting thing will be if Clemson, Ohio State, and Ga do not lose and Bama loses to Ga in the SEC Championship what happens. I don’t see them leaving out Bama with 1 loss...so, what undefeated gets bumped?

The interesting thing will be if Clemson, Ohio State, and Ga do not lose and Bama loses to Ga in the SEC Championship what happens. I don’t see them leaving out Bama with 1 loss...so, what undefeated gets bumped?
Will depend on how everybody else finishes up and effects strength of schedule. For example, Clemson's win at A&M looks good if the Aggies end up winning 10 games, but less so if they end up 8-4.
But we know - whatever else happens - ND will not be left out if they are undefeated. Period.

Too early, but ND quality wins are starting to look shaky.

Stanford - should have lost to Oregon, waxed by Utah
VaT - lost to Old Man U, will lose more ACC games - yawn

But way too early, let's talk two full weeks from now.

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Ohio State

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Colorado

UCF

USF

NC State

Cincinnati

UCF and Bama should just play. Forget the rest

Too early, but ND quality wins are starting to look shaky.

Stanford - should have lost to Oregon, waxed by Utah
VaT - lost to Old Man U, will lose more ACC games - yawn

But way too early, let's talk two full weeks from now.

Does CleMson have a quality win?

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Ohio State

Notre Dame

West Virginia

Colorado

UCF

USF

NC State

Cincinnati
Can we please stop the ND charade? Never has a team lasted for so long on former glory. In every single match-up with a quality team they lose. They're a waste of a top 5 position, taking up space for someone else who might actually have a chance to go punch for punch with the real contenders.

Talk to their fans and you would think the team was coming off of a third straight title. Funny thing is, several of the younger people in my office weren't even born the last time ND was relevant.

ND is like the Kardashian family of college football. They're famous for being famous.

Can we please stop the ND charade? Never has a team lasted for so long on former glory. In every single match-up with a quality team they lose. They're a waste of a top 5 position, taking up space for someone else who might actually have a chance to go punch for punch with the real contenders.

Talk to their fans and you would think the team was coming off of a third straight title. Funny thing is, several of the younger people in my office weren't even born the last time ND was relevant.

ND is like the Kardashian family of college football. They're famous for being famous.
100% agreed!

Reactions: nlstanford
Does Bama? Does Georgia?
I'll give you that. Clemson gets a nod in spite of their schedule, based on their resume over the last 3-4 years. But get spanked in round one of the playoff again, and they're going to start trending towards the OSUs of the world: teams that punch their ticket to the final 4 by way of a weak schedule, but then can't deliver in the games that matter.

I'll give you that. Clemson gets a nod in spite of their schedule, based on their resume over the last 3-4 years. But get spanked in round one of the playoff again, and they're going to start trending towards the OSUs of the world: teams that punch their ticket to the final 4 by way of a weak schedule, but then can't deliver in the games that matter.
This years schedule is weak but that is the way the cookie crumbled. A&M could still turn out to be a quality win. NC State maybe. Normally FSU would be. Sometimes Louisville, GT, and USC.

Clemson needs a #2 or #3 seed to avoid giving Bama a month to prepare for them. They can handle ND or OSU.

Does Bama? Does Georgia?

Georgia plays LSU, Auburn , Florida, and Kentucky and most likely Bama so I think their resume will be almost as good as those upstate hillbillies

Bama has LSU and Auburn and most likely Georgia.

So I think their resume is good.

This years schedule is weak but that is the way the cookie crumbled. A&M could still turn out to be a quality win. NC State maybe. Normally FSU would be. Sometimes Louisville, GT, and USC.

Clemson needs a #2 or #3 seed to avoid giving Bama a month to prepare for them. They can handle ND or OSU.

Clemson couldn’t handle a.m. or Syracuse. Be for real

Reactions: roosterbell
Georgia plays LSU, Auburn , Florida, and Kentucky and most likely Bama so I think their resume will be almost as good as those upstate hillbillies

Bama has LSU and Auburn and most likely Georgia.

So I think their resume is good.
Your question was “Does Clemson have a quality win?”. I took this to mean as games that have been played already. Not upcoming games that have yet to be played.

Your question was “Does Clemson have a quality win?”. I took this to mean as games that have been played already. Not upcoming games that have yet to be played.
Does anyone on CleMson schedule look like they will be ranked when they play CleMson

So you want to get into the playoffs and somehow hide from Alabama ?

pug-spins-when-frightened-by-larger-dog.gif

Does anyone on CleMson schedule look like they will be ranked when they play CleMson
Probably just NCState and maybe Miami in the ACC championship game. Maybe the cocks can help us out and get ranked by late November.

Undefeated Notre Dame would never ever be left out. If you think otherwise you don't know college football. I won't even blame the stupid playoff system for that.

Will depend on how everybody else finishes up and effects strength of schedule. For example, Clemson's win at A&M looks good if the Aggies end up winning 10 games, but less so if they end up 8-4.
But we know - whatever else happens - ND will not be left out if they are undefeated. Period.
Much as I hate them, there won't be four teams that will have a better case for inclusion if they go undefeated than an undefeated ND. There might be three, but it would take four to make their inclusion a miscarriage of justice. Obviously, the sticking point is that if you had four teams that played one more game than ND and went undefeated. No, I don't mean UCF or USF.

Notre Dame should be a head of clemmy

WRONG....listen I dislike taters (I really do), but I dislike flawed logic more.

Listen, victories over Stanford (ND) and Ta&m (clemson) is a wash, but ND struggled with Vandy and Wake. Right now not feeling the 'Chosen' team.

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Clemson (although I think Ga is significantly better than Clemson, they will not put a 1 loss Ga in front of an undefeated Clemson)

Oh, get over yourself. Of course, they'll put Metro Atlanta's tv viewing audience ahead of . . . Greenville? Don't worry 'bout Bama. They'll be there.The Final 4 will have TWO Southern teams; neither one will be ole One-Eye Tillman's founding fondling.

You do realize that they won a national championship the year before last right? Beat Ohio state handily and Alabama I believe. Hate them if you like, but they have a good program. Last year they lost to Alabama who won it all right? Who would have beaten Alabama?

I wish they would reward conference champs but it seems like they ignore that all together. Leave it to College football to have a playoff and still screw it up...

It would be a bit of a travesty if the SEC championship game eliminates one of the best 2 teams in the country. It's pretty hard to argue they're not the best two.

Teams with weak schedules should not be rewarded just by going undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT