ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Ware just said...

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
"It's easier to replace a defense than to build an offense..."

Do you agree? How does it apply to us?

I agree. We already witnessed how a few disruptive defensive ends can catapult our defense. I still remember Norwood's game against U.K. at our place in a bad thunderstorm.

An offense needs multiple serviceable lineman, a decent rb, and wide receivers to make up for the qb's flaws.

I don't necessarily agree....I think making an offense effective is more about exercising technique and cohesion.....very mechanical sense of getting guys to do their jobs in an orchestration. Defense is more about attitude....a burning want to...it is emotional and raw.....it is about having a bunch of guys willing to buy in and lay it on the line to disrupt and fight.

If you do not have the needed attitude on your defense....that is also very hard to introduce and breed.

If you dont believe that statement go eatch film of our Lou Holtz teams. If we had any kind of offense some of those years we wouldve been dangerous

Also look at all the bad years of Carolina football and youll see we had shitty QBs. A good quarterback will make your entire offense. I think Bentley is a future NFL qb and i think he takes us to the promise land.

If Muschamp is a defensive mastermind then why is all of our hope on the shoulders of the offense? Is he a mastermind or been lucky to be surrounded by great talent? Guess we will find out which is easier to build O or D

I don't necessarily agree....I think making an offense effective is more about exercising technique and cohesion.....very mechanical sense of getting guys to do their jobs in an orchestration. Defense is more about attitude....a burning want to...it is emotional and raw.....it is about having a bunch of guys willing to buy in and lay it on the line to disrupt and fight.

If you do not have the needed attitude on your defense....that is also very hard to introduce and breed.

He wasn't talking about introducing; Ware said "replace." The attitude is already in place at Washington (the team he was discussing). The bodies will be different, but the attitude will be the same.

Like you said... offense is, in large part, technique and cohesion, which must be rebuilt each year. That is more difficult, IMO, especially when the quarterback is inexperienced.

Reactions: rogue cock
I still love all the Jake Bentley love Andre Ware was throwing out in the Missouri game last year.

Other guy to Andre Ware, "What are you getting Jake Bentley for Valentines Day"

Classic stuff!

If you dont believe that statement go eatch film of our Lou Holtz teams. If we had any kind of offense some of those years we wouldve been dangerous

Also look at all the bad years of Carolina football and youll see we had shitty QBs. A good quarterback will make your entire offense. I think Bentley is a future NFL qb and i think he takes us to the promise land.
If Lou would have let Skip call all the plays our offense would have been much better!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT