ADVERTISEMENT

Another 2022 QB offer

4* Braden Davis out of Delaware. #6 pro-style in his class. Need to pick up a QB somewhere. So far, Beamer and Co. are coming up dry on 2022 QBs.

Coming up dry?

He's only been offered at this point.
Correction I just CAN'T get past your wording when you say this, "Beamer and Co. are coming up dry on 2022 QBs." Braden Davis seems to me a good pick up..

That's what I meant, it been a long day.

Even if it's an offer, they are not coming up dry.. They are finding QB's.. If they can't sign a QB for 2022, then yes you are right, they are coming up dry. But they are not right now.

Correction I just CAN'T get past your wording when you say this, "Beamer and Co. are coming up dry on 2022 QBs." Braden Davis seems to me a good pick up..

That's what I meant, it been a long day.

Even if it's an offer, they are not coming up dry.. They are finding QB's.. If they can't sign a QB for 2022, then yes you are right, they are coming up dry. But they are not right now.

You misquoted me, I assume unintentionally. What I said was "So far, Beamer and Co. are coming up dry on 2022 QBs." That is a factually correct and undeniable statement. We lost Gunner, of course, though Beamer had no control over that, so that's not on his account. But we've offered a few others who have instead committed elsewhere. It's not an indictment on Beamer. He's hitting recruiting as hard coaches are allowed to right now.

QBs have been recruited for years by this point. This staff is having to try and work guys who have been pursued and built relationships with other coaches long before Beamer was ever hired. The state the program was allowed to fall into really created a major hole for Beamer and his staff to dig out of. If they don’t land someone this year it won’t be the end of the world but it would have to be a focus for next year.

I think Davis is the commit for this year, which would be a really good pick up. Next year we are on a few, Black and Jeter come to mind first, so I think QB recruiting will be fine.

Also early reports are Gauthier is further ahead than many thought and he has all the tools.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer
QBs have been recruited for years by this point. This staff is having to try and work guys who have been pursued and built relationships with other coaches long before Beamer was ever hired. The state the program was allowed to fall into really created a major hole for Beamer and his staff to dig out of. If they don’t land someone this year it won’t be the end of the world but it would have to be a focus for next year.
I agree with all that. My only original point was that Beamer has hit QB recruiting hard but has seen his targets up to this point go elsewhere. But all that you say is accurate.

This article more or less summarizes my point: https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_9cac227a-8598-11eb-83c1-67fa564d779a.html

I think Davis is the commit for this year, which would be a really good pick up. Next year we are on a few, Black and Jeter come to mind first, so I think QB recruiting will be fine.

Also early reports are Gauthier is further ahead than many thought and he has all the tools.
Davis would be a good pickup if we can land him. Has a very impressive offer list (Bama, Clemson, UGA, UF, FSU, LSU, PSU, UT, A&M). Really like his height.

I agree with all that. My only original point was that Beamer has hit QB recruiting hard but has seen his targets up to this point go elsewhere. But all that you say is accurate.

This article more or less summarizes my point: https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_9cac227a-8598-11eb-83c1-67fa564d779a.html

Davis would be a good pickup if we can land him. Has a very impressive offer list (Bama, Clemson, UGA, UF, FSU, LSU, PSU, UT, A&M). Really like his height.
If the staff is shut out next year then they are striking out. To say that for now is just a bit misleading. What would be your take if you threw on a tux and stood outside a church on a spring Saturday asking everyone who showed up in a wedding dress to marry you and they all stuck with the guy they were engaged to?

If the staff is shut out next year then they are striking out. To say that for now is just a bit misleading. What would be your take if you threw on a tux and stood outside a church on a spring Saturday asking everyone who showed up in a wedding dress to marry you and they all stuck with the guy they were engaged to?

It's all semantics, lol. But still way better than talking about some crazy lady who's mad at the school.

Bailey is really the only miss the staff has had at this point, and it's to fault them, he has had a relationship with Morehead for years and never visited Carolina. Aller also never visited, and honestly not sure how much we were in on him, from his stand point.

Bailey is really the only miss the staff has had at this point, and it's to fault them, he has had a relationship with Morehead for years and never visited Carolina. Aller also never visited, and honestly not sure how much we were in on him, from his stand point.

I like Beamer's approach so far, going after some big fish. It's a hard sell for him to make to recruits at this point, but we aren't going to lose any recruits due to a lack of effort. This is an area where I think it really makes a huge difference to have someone young and hungry.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Will be listing his top schools this Friday. Expected to commit within the next few weeks.

Didn't realize his father had played at Tennessee. Not sure if that could be a factor in UT's favor.

Drops his list tomorrow. We're a lock to be on it. His latest comments make it sound like his recruiting is still wide open, but word is he may make a commit within the next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT