ADVERTISEMENT

Another acc team goes down

I soooo wish Gamecocks could play and ACC schedule..... I need to find a way to introduce a bill to the NCAA to allow SC to remain in the SEC, but play and ACC schedule..
The last six years SC is 8-2 against the ACC, and one of the losses was in a Bowl vs FSU
(And this isnt the Dukes, Wake Forest or Syracuse of the ACC, but the best of the ACC)

Reactions: nikolas22
Back through 2006, South Carolina is 11 and 4 vs. ACC teams. Wins were against Clemson (6), Miami(1), UNC (2), & NC State(2). Losses were to Clemson (3) and FSU (1).
FSU loss and Miami win came in Bowl games. It's a 73% winning percentage. Take out the bowl games and it calculates to a 77% winning percentage in regular season games vs. ACC teams.
That's impressive any way you slice it since it does not include any contest against the numerous ACC weaklings like Wake Forest or Virginia.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I soooo wish Gamecocks could play and ACC schedule.....

I understand the desire to play your state championship game every year. I understand the desire to win more games. I don't understand a football fan who wants to see worse football week-in and week-out through football season. Do you really envy FSU for being kings of the nobodies? Do you envy Clempson for being Queens of the nobodies?.Do you envy Miami because they were good 30 years ago when their admissions standards were looser than most federal prisons?

I understand the desire to play your state championship game every year. I understand the desire to win more games. I don't understand a football fan who wants to see worse football week-in and week-out through football season. Do you really envy FSU for being kings of the nobodies? Do you envy Clempson for being Queens of the nobodies?.Do you envy Miami because they were good 30 years ago when their admissions standards were looser than most federal prisons?
umm, yes, it frustrates me when those teams FSU/Clempson play cupcakes all year, win, go up in rankings (thus helping recruiting) and keeping players healthy as opposed to playing Freakish Athletes week in and week out, so when the post season rolls around they have no injuries to speak of. But to agree with you just a little, i would rather go to Williams Brice and see a SC vs Ga, SC vs Florida, SC vs Bama or LSU and SC vs Mizzou as opposed to SC vs Wake Forest, SC vs Syracuse or SC vs Duke. or SC vs Boston College state so it is kinda a double edged sword..

Acc is a joke and clemson knows this. They want out but there is no where to go. None of the conferences want them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT