ADVERTISEMENT

Any doubt in Muschamp if the offense gets crazy good?

svjkn3

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2019
With Bobo and with his defense and recruiting...

Finished 4-8 and had a top 20 recruiting class.

New QB and if we went 10-3 / 11-2 what kind of class could we put together.

No reason for optimism?

Reactions: Garnetskies
Honestly we have the tools to win it all next year. 15-0. Hilinski will win the Heisman because if the coaching of Bobby Bentley and the genius offensive mind of Bobo. He couldn’t do it at CSU but the competition isn’t as fierce in the SEC, as we have lowly LSU, Texas A and M, Clemson, Florida, UGA, Tenn, Kentucky and Missouri to play next year. But I would watch out for Vandy, I think they too have the tools to win it all.

I’m hoping to see a much improved offense next season. I don’t think to highly of Mike Bobo but I do believe, he will bring some consistency to the offense and I’m looking forward to seeing the quarterback group perform under Bentley. As far as my opinion of Will Muschamp “nothing changes until I see evidence, that he’s letting the offense do their thing. It’s time for him to trust his offensive coaches and let them design the game plans.

Honestly I see 4-8 or worst next year . We have absolutely ZILCH for playmakers and the defense is just ok . Shi is not a #1 receiver and we are relying on a true freshman and a guy who ran well against a pop warner school last year as our RB’s . You can hire Mike Bobo , Steve Spurrier , Andy Reid , God , Muhammad, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny at OC and it won’t make a hill of beans difference under Muschamp . I hope he makes me eat my words but In his 8 years of coaching in the SEC nothing I’ve seen gives me hope .

He’s gonna be good I believe but not immediately. As much as our fan base wanna believe he’s the next Lattimore “he’s not, and he’s not as good as Mike Davis either. I think he will work harder than Davis though and that might push him further. Lloyd runs hard ‘he’s definitely no slacker on the football field; but I believe it will take some time for him to adjust to playing SEC football.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
That's fair, however, there is no doubt that Lloyd is a beast.

It would be foolish to think anyone is the next Lattimore. If he is anywhere near Mike Davis' level as a true freshman - that would be an incredible feat

What I saw in the championship game was what appeared to be two head coaches confident in leaving their offensive coaches free to do their jobs. That's the biggest thing I thought they had in common. If Muschamp is smart, he will do the same. It is imperative we keep Muschamp away from any headset when we have the ball. We see that, and I will be optimistic. Until then, not so much.

What I saw in the championship game was what appeared to be two head coaches confident in leaving their offensive coaches free to do their jobs. That's the biggest thing I thought they had in common. If Muschamp is smart, he will do the same. It is imperative we keep Muschamp away from any headset when we have the ball. We see that, and I will be optimistic. Until then, not so much.
Even Dabo spent too much time in the huddle, but I don't think I ever saw Coach O do anything other that pat a player on the head. Dabo was just cheerleading when he did get involved. He doesn't know much about the details which is a good thing.

Reactions: bucketdad
Is our offense one that BoBo can come in and shape up? Or is this going to be a multi year “rebuild” project where we have to wait on good players to cycle in and grow?
I’m getting frustrated- we should have had this position filled with someone capable back when Muschamp first got here. I hope we aren’t just spinning tires

Reactions: svjkn3
Running back position is actually the least of my worries. Lloyd is a beast

Not going to put him on that pedestal until he plays here. David Williams comes to mind. And unless we get a passing game going he will never be a beast because 8 guys will be waiting on him.

The QBs from the previous two recruiting classes we've repurposed.

giggle, given their amount of field time (& drops), I'm concerned about where if any receiver depth was last year & have we added enough to impact the situation. We totally need the re emergence of Otre! & others, Muse, Leggett.....

Running back position is actually the least of my worries. Lloyd is a beast

While I agree, this is still a lot to ask of a freshman walking into the concerns and consistency issues we have. Our Senior RBs could run consistently behind our O-line (we aren't , Bama, LSu, AUB,UghA as far as run blocking year to year.......)

SO... this is a lot to ask of a freshman and we have Fenwick & Harris on the roster to help shoulder the load, feels a little thin past that. I want Lloyd to be an amazing 3 year 4000 plus yard dude but these are the rarest of rare between injury and a full seasons work, and its going to take a major reputation shift to bring us there. IF Bobo shows a real commitment to calling running plays (RRR not RPO) that will be a start to establishing a running game that opponents have to address.

Is our offense one that BoBo can come in and shape up? Or is this going to be a multi year “rebuild” project where we have to wait on good players to cycle in and grow?
I’m getting frustrated- we should have had this position filled with someone capable back when Muschamp first got here. I hope we aren’t just spinning tires

I'm scared it will take a miracle to create the results needed in the first year, and we need another batch of players on the roster first. Then the whole hope of are we keeping this staff another year creeps in and............. hoping we see some signs of the position groups heading in the right direction. Fear factor, we are one injury away from decimating some personel groups, RB, WR, TE & still worried about Tackle & Center. The "potential" silver lining is our Senior transfer QB when we get our young ones hurt again.....so maybe there's enough depth there to still create a drive (from time to time)

I know Bobo wasn’t the splash hire but he was an amazing get for where we are with the coach we have. The other positive is that he’s bringing in his former WR coach who has had some success having more than one guy be semi productive at a time. I know he’s labeled as TE but I’m hoping our WR will finally get some coaching.

I love Hilinski, but who is he going to throw to? Shi Smith and ?????????
We have to - can only - hope that XL and a freshman or two really step up. Other teams can have freshman receivers be successful - why not us?

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
giggle, given their amount of field time (& drops), I'm concerned about where if any receiver depth was last year & have we added enough to impact the situation. We totally need the re emergence of Otre! & others, Muse, Leggett.....
They should be looking high and low for grad transfers. Otre has been hurt and Muse looks like a great athlete but he can't catch a cold.

We just brought in a graduate transfer QB and graduate transfer FB. That does not spell multi year rebuild. That spells "win now"

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Honestly I see 4-8 or worst next year . We have absolutely ZILCH for playmakers and the defense is just ok . Shi is not a #1 receiver and we are relying on a true freshman and a guy who ran well against a pop warner school last year as our RB’s . You can hire Mike Bobo , Steve Spurrier , Andy Reid , God , Muhammad, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny at OC and it won’t make a hill of beans difference under Muschamp . I hope he makes me eat my words but In his 8 years of coaching in the SEC nothing I’ve seen gives me hope .

What if we got Rudy Ruettiger as a special assistant to Connor Shaw?

Last edited:
If we had a good offense that could contribute to the cause and actually score points- maybe our defense would play better?

IF our offense gets good, it won't be because of WM, unless you mean he finally hired the right OC. If he can't win 6 next season, he should get the boot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT