ADVERTISEMENT

Any doubt in Muschamp if the offense gets crazy good?

Honestly we have the tools to win it all next year. 15-0. Hilinski will win the Heisman because if the coaching of Bobby Bentley and the genius offensive mind of Bobo. He couldn’t do it at CSU but the competition isn’t as fierce in the SEC, as we have lowly LSU, Texas A and M, Clemson, Florida, UGA, Tenn, Kentucky and Missouri to play next year. But I would watch out for Vandy, I think they too have the tools to win it all.
Tell ya what, if that actually happens, and we end-up undefeated next season, I will personally pucker-up and KYA on the 50 yard line in the center of the logo @ WillyB!!!

^^FTR, that's extended sarcasm there now!

Last edited:
IF our offense gets good, it won't be because of WM, unless you mean he finally hired the right OC. If he can't win 6 next season, he should get the boot.
Yea it will definitely be because of the new OC hire Mike Bobo! I agree but what about Luke Doty? People say he is a stud! Maybe he can beat out Hilinski!

Even Dabo spent too much time in the huddle, but I don't think I ever saw Coach O do anything other that pat a player on the head. Dabo was just cheerleading when he did get involved. He doesn't know much about the details which is a good thing.
After 5 playoffs, 4 national championship appearances, and 2 national championships.. you still think Dabo is a cheerleader that doesn’t focus on details?

Keveon Mullons was a 4 star recruit from the Atlanta area. His film is incredible. Where is he..? Big receiver also. Leggett looked good when RH wasn't throwing 90 mph fastballs. I hope all of this is fixed with better coaching

Yea it will definitely be because of the new OC hire Mike Bobo! I agree but what about Luke Doty? People say he is a stud! Maybe he can beat out Hilinski!
As others have said, I'll believe when I see. BOOM!'s offenses have a way of forgetting the basics. I'm always hopeful.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
With Bobo and with his defense and recruiting...

Finished 4-8 and had a top 20 recruiting class.

New QB and if we went 10-3 / 11-2 what kind of class could we put together.

No reason for optimism?
LOL

I doubt it a 100%. Dabo is a master at details, motivation, self-awareness, and social awareness.
See, I think this is Muschamp's weakness. He focuses too much on the details. A head coach should focus on the big picture - the forest instead of the trees. Dabo may be aware of the details, but he doesn't interfere with what his assistants are doing during a game. He goes into the huddle to cheer lead but not to change the play. Even in his interviews at halftime he talks big picture. I've never heard Dabo say, "we're going to run such and such play in the second half." Muschamp has done that several times.

Coach O is even more hands off. You rarely see him in the huddle. I want to see Muschamp do more of this. Take the CEO approach to football. If you hire good people let them do their job. Replace them if they don't.

Keveon Mullons was a 4 star recruit from the Atlanta area. His film is incredible. Where is he..? Big receiver also. Leggett looked good when RH wasn't throwing 90 mph fastballs. I hope all of this is fixed with better coaching
KM is from Memphis.. He was very raw when he got here.. He is a great athlete who needed to redshirt... You will start seeing good things from him soon..

See, I think this is Muschamp's weakness. He focuses too much on the details. A head coach should focus on the big picture - the forest instead of the trees. Dabo may be aware of the details, but he doesn't interfere with what his assistants are doing during a game. He goes into the huddle to cheer lead but not to change the play. Even in his interviews at halftime he talks big picture. I've never heard Dabo say, "we're going to run such and such play in the second half." Muschamp has done that several times.

Coach O is even more hands off. You rarely see him in the huddle. I want to see Muschamp do more of this. Take the CEO approach to football. If you hire good people let them do their job. Replace them if they don't.

I get your point and agree. My point is that Dabo is a master of organizational details. He does not interfere in the play calling.

On another note, the hiring of Monken as OC at UGA is an acknowledgement that offenses in the SEC have evolved. It is not just your dink and dunk spread or ramming the ball down your opponent’s throat. That is the early 2000s. We are still stuck in the old mode. Bobo and Muss are in the old mode. Just won’t work.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
After 5 playoffs, 4 national championship appearances, and 2 national championships.. you still think Dabo is a cheerleader that doesn’t focus on details?
Member since 2006, 2 messages, and both are in defense of Dabo. Doesn't look good my man! And there are 4 likes on the 2 messages. I think some have fallen for Dabo envy.

Reactions: USC15
Member since 2006, 2 messages, and both are in defense of Dabo. Doesn't look good my man! And there are 4 likes on the 2 messages. I think some have fallen for Dabo envy.

Some post infrequently. When they do it is much more meaningful than those who may post often. Stand up and take notice.

I get your point and agree. My point is that Dabo is a master of organizational details. He does not interfere in the play calling.

On another note, the hiring of Monken as OC at UGA is an acknowledgement that offenses in the SEC have evolved. It is not just your dink and dunk spread or ramming the ball down your opponent’s throat. That is the early 2000s. We are still stuck in the old mode. Bobo and Muss are in the old mode. Just won’t work.

I just read about Monken. Wow! So he passed on Bobo and went innovative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT