ADVERTISEMENT

Any Frank Martin fans out there? Yes, the '16

senior laden and talented team got hot at the right time and it was a fantastic three weekends. However, in my opinion the guy has demonstrated that he can not coach (rant) or recruit on a consistent level that we deserve or demand. Too much money for average results.

Troll much?

If you think we're only a NIT team over the next few years, well. I won't comment on that. As far as recruiting, don't think he's done a bad job. You have to start somewhere, and he is getting some good recruits at least looking at the Gamecocks. Use to never have any good ones looking at us.
Well.an NIT team is what Martins teams at usc have been..even VCU made a tourney run..usc barely made the tourney last year..thornwell got hot..and the run was on..and btw..Martins recruitung sucks

The OP is so correct. This is Frank Martin basketball, and I hope ya'll get excited for the NeverInterestingTournament this year....and next....and next....and the year after....because boring basketball and the inability to recruit will isn't going to net you a fluke run every year. But we'll lose to Kentucky by single digits or something and most of our clueless fans will bleat like sheep about our progress.

Is it important to you to be rude and condescending to those with differing opinions?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Bad Loss yesterday, Did Anyone think the Cocks would go undefeated?? Not me, I think FM can coach, he needs to recruit a little better, but that will come.. I am disappointed with the effort yesterday, but They still can accomplish their goals for this year, one I am sure, wasnt going undefeated..

Reactions: viennacocks
Frank hangs his hat on a solid and stifling defense. Expecting this team to come out the gate and play anywhere near that kind of defense is expecting too much imo. It took a while for his last team to execute his style, it will take a while for this team as well. Not ready to jump off the cliff yet. Frank makes guys better.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm a Frank Martin AND a Steve Spurrier fan. Chew on that.
giphy.gif

The fact that he showed up at Zion's first game, and is still trying to get him, surprised me some and I was glad to see it.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
senior laden and talented team got hot at the right time and it was a fantastic three weekends. However, in my opinion the guy has demonstrated that he can not coach (rant) or recruit on a consistent level that we deserve or demand. Too much money for average results.
And what, exactly, in our basketball history says we deserve, or have the right to demand, more than what we get?

We started 2 seniors last year. I guess this genius considers PJ a senior because he left early.

giphy.gif

Reactions: anon_n4c0cp5zhdxn7
I think we're supposed to be better than Illinois State. Our coach is in his sixth year and coming off a Final Four appearance. I hope no one minds me feeling that way because you're stuck with it. I especially feel that way if we aren't playing them in their building. The part that is irksome is how we played in losing to them.

But perhaps Fogler's best team lost to two or three mid-major teams early in the season before going on to the Dance. I think that's the bunch that won the SEC regular season title. The time for wailing and gnashing of teeth might come, but it isn't here yet. Disappointment is what I feel right now.

Using Eddie Fogler's name in the same sentence with "The Dance" is kinda funny. Losing to Coppin State in a blowout and Richmond (albeit by one point) in the NCAAs isn't much of a legacy.

Using Eddie Fogler's name in the same sentence with "The Dance" is kinda funny. Losing to Coppin State in a blowout and Richmond (albeit by one point) in the NCAAs isn't much of a legacy.
Nothing funny about the fact he danced two straight years, however disappointing might have been the outcomes. One of those teams won the SEC regular season championship. No one else here has done that.

Nothing funny about the fact he danced two straight years, however disappointing might have been the outcomes. One of those teams won the SEC regular season championship. No one else here has done that.

We've won the regular season ACC title; went to the NCAAs when they only took the winner of the ACC tournament another year. If you want to brag about Fogler I'd leave his NCAA tournament appearances out of it. He managed to put us in the history books for being one of the only #2 seeds to ever lose to a #15 seed.

We've won the regular season ACC title; went to the NCAAs when they only took the winner of the ACC tournament another year. If you want to brag about Fogler I'd leave his NCAA tournament appearances out of it. He managed to put us in the history books for being one of the only #2 seeds to ever lose to a #15 seed.
I'll give credit to anyone who gets us to the Dance, since it has been such an infrequent occurrence. And unapologetically.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'll give credit to anyone who gets us to the Dance, since it has been such an infrequent occurrence. And unapologetically.

Yet you think the football season is only going to be successful if we beat Clemson. At least no one can accuse you of being consistent.

Yet you think the football season is only going to be successful if we beat Clemson. At least no one can accuse you of being consistent.
I don't differentiate when it comes to beating UPC. Our loss to them in basketball last year was inexcusable, inasmuch as it was completely avoidable.

I enjoyed that little run we had at the end. But to me, it would have been a nightmare to win the NCAA title while they were able to brag that they beat us. Hey, I'm not competing for any prizes for nuanced thinking or putting things in proportion. I'm not trying to convince anyone, either. I don't care who disagrees with me on this. Beating UPC in any athletic contest takes first place with me. Nothing makes me happier, sports-wise. I just emphasize football so much because it hurts them the worst when they lose. They don' take quite as holistic approach to sports as we do, which is to their advantage, until we beat them in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT